IELTS remark

Old Sep 7th 2012, 2:02 am
Just Joined

vinodreddyyalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS remark

Hi All,
I would like to know chances of winning IELTS writing module re-check. I am some of you here could have done it and would like to know your experiences.
My current score reads
L-8.0
R-8.0
W-6.5
S-8.0

I need at least 7 in each module
Old Sep 7th 2012, 2:40 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS remark

Hi Vinod,

Only 6.5 for writing?

"I am [?] some of you here could have done it. "

Probably you need to read your own output more carefully :-)

Seems to me that you've got a chance for a remark up to 7.0 on the basis of a "jagged profile". Depends on the IELTS people, good luck!

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Sep 7th 2012, 4:46 am
Just Joined

Thanks George. Yes, I should have read carefully before clicking "post" button. Thanks for reminding me . I actually meant " some, here on this forum could have done writing re-check successfully.

I did miss magic 7 by 0.5 margin 3 times now. Really frustrating, last time in reading module and this time writing module. My overall of 7.5 is of no use bit surprising but that's how it is.
Old Oct 12th 2012, 12:29 am
Just Joined

Hi All,
I would like to share my happiness with all of you. My writing band has been increased from 6.5 to 7.0 , Now my score reads
L-8.0
R-8.0
W-.7.0
S-8.0
Overall-8.0

This has come as great relief. Now I can claim additional 10 points which boosted my total 189 points to 70. I reckon I have a fair chance for an invite now.

IELTS hasn't come that easy for me and I had to overcome all the frustration. It took me 5 good attempts to receive what I require. Take a look at score

Attempt 1:
L-7.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-7.0
Attempt 2:
L-8.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-8.0
Attempt 3:
L-7.5 R-7.5 W-6.5 S-7.5
Attempt 4:
L-8.0 R-6.5 W-7.5 S-8.0
Attempt 5:
L-8.0 R-8.0 W-7.0 S-8.0

I never gave up bez I don't have any option other than passing out.
I would like wish whoever taking IELTS all the best!
Old Oct 12th 2012, 2:04 am
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Vinod,

Congratulations.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Oct 13th 2012, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by vinodreddyyalla
Hi All,
I would like to share my happiness with all of you. My writing band has been increased from 6.5 to 7.0 , Now my score reads
L-8.0
R-8.0
W-.7.0
S-8.0
Overall-8.0

This has come as great relief. Now I can claim additional 10 points which boosted my total 189 points to 70. I reckon I have a fair chance for an invite now.

IELTS hasn't come that easy for me and I had to overcome all the frustration. It took me 5 good attempts to receive what I require. Take a look at score

Attempt 1:
L-7.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-7.0
Attempt 2:
L-8.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-8.0
Attempt 3:
L-7.5 R-7.5 W-6.5 S-7.5
Attempt 4:
L-8.0 R-6.5 W-7.5 S-8.0
Attempt 5:
L-8.0 R-8.0 W-7.0 S-8.0

I never gave up bez I don't have any option other than passing out.
I would like wish whoever taking IELTS all the best!
Congrats!! infact, you could have gone for the remark in the first or second attempt only...
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 6:25 am
Just Joined

cat44zz is an unknown quantity at this point

How long did it take for you to get your results? Was it only 4 weeks?
I really hope mine will only take 4 weeks or less in time to lodge on visa application. I'm so annoyed at my results. I need all 8 but I got this:

L:9
R:9
W:7.5
S: 8

0.5 away!!!!! arrrghhhh!!!
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

shah is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by cat44zz
How long did it take for you to get your results? Was it only 4 weeks?
I really hope mine will only take 4 weeks or less in time to lodge on visa application. I'm so annoyed at my results. I need all 8 but I got this:

L:9
R:9
W:7.5
S: 8

0.5 away!!!!! arrrghhhh!!!
you can also try for a reamrk, as writing is subjective, however, this would take almost 6-8 weeks.
Old Dec 4th 2012, 8:49 am
BE Enthusiast

kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough

Hi there,
My mam and her partner are in the process of applying for a PR visa but they can not get over the IELTS test they have done the test 3 times and keep missing out on point 5 of a point like the others. is there anyway they can do a mock test to see where they are going wrong as it never tells them so they can not Inprove on the area in problem. any information will be a great help cheers
Old Dec 4th 2012, 8:53 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kevncarlz
Hi there,
My mam and her partner are in the process of applying for a PR visa but they can not get over the IELTS test they have done the test 3 times and keep missing out on point 5 of a point like the others. is there anyway they can do a mock test to see where they are going wrong as it never tells them so they can not Inprove on the area in problem. any information will be a great help cheers
If you search the forum for threads on IELTS you'll find several links to practice material
Old Dec 10th 2012, 9:40 am
Just Joined

cat44zz is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey just to let y'all know. I got my remark results back.
Sigh no change for my writing. Still 7.5. Its pretty disappointing. I mean I got 2 9s and one 8.