IELTS remark

Old Sep 7th 2012, 3:02 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
vinodreddyyalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS remark

Hi All,
I would like to know chances of winning IELTS writing module re-check. I am some of you here could have done it and would like to know your experiences.
My current score reads
L-8.0
R-8.0
W-6.5
S-8.0

I need at least 7 in each module
vinodreddyyalla is offline  
Old Sep 7th 2012, 3:40 am
  #2  
Reg. Migration Agent
 
George Lombard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Inner Western suburbs of Sydney
Posts: 4,483
George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS remark

Hi Vinod,

Only 6.5 for writing?

"I am [?] some of you here could have done it. "

Probably you need to read your own output more carefully :-)

Seems to me that you've got a chance for a remark up to 7.0 on the basis of a "jagged profile". Depends on the IELTS people, good luck!

Cheers,

George Lombard
George Lombard is offline  
Old Sep 7th 2012, 5:46 am
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
vinodreddyyalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS remark

Thanks George. Yes, I should have read carefully before clicking "post" button. Thanks for reminding me . I actually meant " some, here on this forum could have done writing re-check successfully.

I did miss magic 7 by 0.5 margin 3 times now. Really frustrating, last time in reading module and this time writing module. My overall of 7.5 is of no use bit surprising but that's how it is.
vinodreddyyalla is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2012, 1:29 am
  #4  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Posts: 7
vinodreddyyalla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS remark

Hi All,
I would like to share my happiness with all of you. My writing band has been increased from 6.5 to 7.0 , Now my score reads
L-8.0
R-8.0
W-.7.0
S-8.0
Overall-8.0

This has come as great relief. Now I can claim additional 10 points which boosted my total 189 points to 70. I reckon I have a fair chance for an invite now.

IELTS hasn't come that easy for me and I had to overcome all the frustration. It took me 5 good attempts to receive what I require. Take a look at score

Attempt 1:
L-7.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-7.0
Attempt 2:
L-8.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-8.0
Attempt 3:
L-7.5 R-7.5 W-6.5 S-7.5
Attempt 4:
L-8.0 R-6.5 W-7.5 S-8.0
Attempt 5:
L-8.0 R-8.0 W-7.0 S-8.0

I never gave up bez I don't have any option other than passing out.
I would like wish whoever taking IELTS all the best!
vinodreddyyalla is offline  
Old Oct 12th 2012, 3:04 am
  #5  
Reg. Migration Agent
 
George Lombard's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2003
Location: Inner Western suburbs of Sydney
Posts: 4,483
George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS remark

Hi Vinod,

Congratulations.

Cheers,

George Lombard
George Lombard is offline  
Old Oct 13th 2012, 6:31 am
  #6  
Forum Regular
 
shah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
shah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS remark

Originally Posted by vinodreddyyalla View Post
Hi All,
I would like to share my happiness with all of you. My writing band has been increased from 6.5 to 7.0 , Now my score reads
L-8.0
R-8.0
W-.7.0
S-8.0
Overall-8.0

This has come as great relief. Now I can claim additional 10 points which boosted my total 189 points to 70. I reckon I have a fair chance for an invite now.

IELTS hasn't come that easy for me and I had to overcome all the frustration. It took me 5 good attempts to receive what I require. Take a look at score

Attempt 1:
L-7.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-7.0
Attempt 2:
L-8.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-8.0
Attempt 3:
L-7.5 R-7.5 W-6.5 S-7.5
Attempt 4:
L-8.0 R-6.5 W-7.5 S-8.0
Attempt 5:
L-8.0 R-8.0 W-7.0 S-8.0

I never gave up bez I don't have any option other than passing out.
I would like wish whoever taking IELTS all the best!
Congrats!! infact, you could have gone for the remark in the first or second attempt only...
shah is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 7:25 am
  #7  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
cat44zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS remark

How long did it take for you to get your results? Was it only 4 weeks?
I really hope mine will only take 4 weeks or less in time to lodge on visa application. I'm so annoyed at my results. I need all 8 but I got this:

L:9
R:9
W:7.5
S: 8

0.5 away!!!!! arrrghhhh!!!
cat44zz is offline  
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:55 am
  #8  
Forum Regular
 
shah's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2012
Posts: 145
shah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS remark

Originally Posted by cat44zz View Post
How long did it take for you to get your results? Was it only 4 weeks?
I really hope mine will only take 4 weeks or less in time to lodge on visa application. I'm so annoyed at my results. I need all 8 but I got this:

L:9
R:9
W:7.5
S: 8

0.5 away!!!!! arrrghhhh!!!
you can also try for a reamrk, as writing is subjective, however, this would take almost 6-8 weeks.
shah is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:49 am
  #9  
BE Enthusiast
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Mindarie, Perth Western Australia - FINALLY :-)
Posts: 311
kevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the roughkevncarlz is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IELTS remark

Hi there,
My mam and her partner are in the process of applying for a PR visa but they can not get over the IELTS test they have done the test 3 times and keep missing out on point 5 of a point like the others. is there anyway they can do a mock test to see where they are going wrong as it never tells them so they can not Inprove on the area in problem. any information will be a great help cheers
kevncarlz is offline  
Old Dec 4th 2012, 9:53 am
  #10  
Fronting the Parole Board
 
Pollyana's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2002
Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Posts: 93,462
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS remark

Originally Posted by kevncarlz View Post
Hi there,
My mam and her partner are in the process of applying for a PR visa but they can not get over the IELTS test they have done the test 3 times and keep missing out on point 5 of a point like the others. is there anyway they can do a mock test to see where they are going wrong as it never tells them so they can not Inprove on the area in problem. any information will be a great help cheers
If you search the forum for threads on IELTS you'll find several links to practice material
Pollyana is offline  
Old Dec 10th 2012, 10:40 am
  #11  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2012
Posts: 2
cat44zz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS remark

Hey just to let y'all know. I got my remark results back.
Sigh no change for my writing. Still 7.5. Its pretty disappointing. I mean I got 2 9s and one 8.
cat44zz is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.