British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   IELTS remark (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ielts-remark-770815/)

vinodreddyyalla Sep 7th 2012 2:02 am

IELTS remark

Hi All,
I would like to know chances of winning IELTS writing module re-check. I am some of you here could have done it and would like to know your experiences.
My current score reads
L-8.0
R-8.0
W-6.5
S-8.0

I need at least 7 in each module:(

George Lombard Sep 7th 2012 2:40 am

Re: IELTS remark

Hi Vinod,

Only 6.5 for writing?

"I am [?] some of you here could have done it. "

Probably you need to read your own output more carefully :-)

Seems to me that you've got a chance for a remark up to 7.0 on the basis of a "jagged profile". Depends on the IELTS people, good luck!

Cheers,

George Lombard

vinodreddyyalla Sep 7th 2012 4:46 am

Thanks George. Yes, I should have read carefully before clicking "post" button. Thanks for reminding me . I actually meant " some, here on this forum could have done writing re-check successfully.

I did miss magic 7 by 0.5 margin 3 times now. Really frustrating, last time in reading module and this time writing module. My overall of 7.5 is of no use :rofl: bit surprising but that's how it is.

vinodreddyyalla Oct 12th 2012 12:29 am

Hi All,
I would like to share my happiness with all of you. My writing band has been increased from 6.5 to 7.0 , Now my score reads
L-8.0
R-8.0
W-.7.0
S-8.0
Overall-8.0

This has come as great relief. Now I can claim additional 10 points which boosted my total 189 points to 70. I reckon I have a fair chance for an invite now.

IELTS hasn't come that easy for me and I had to overcome all the frustration. It took me 5 good attempts to receive what I require. Take a look at score

Attempt 1:
L-7.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-7.0
Attempt 2:
L-8.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-8.0
Attempt 3:
L-7.5 R-7.5 W-6.5 S-7.5
Attempt 4:
L-8.0 R-6.5 W-7.5 S-8.0
Attempt 5:
L-8.0 R-8.0 W-7.0 S-8.0

I never gave up bez I don't have any option other than passing out.
I would like wish whoever taking IELTS all the best!

George Lombard Oct 12th 2012 2:04 am

Hi Vinod,

Congratulations.

Cheers,

George Lombard

shah Oct 13th 2012 5:31 am

Originally Posted by vinodreddyyalla (Post 10326543)
Hi All,
I would like to share my happiness with all of you. My writing band has been increased from 6.5 to 7.0 , Now my score reads
L-8.0
R-8.0
W-.7.0
S-8.0
Overall-8.0

This has come as great relief. Now I can claim additional 10 points which boosted my total 189 points to 70. I reckon I have a fair chance for an invite now.

IELTS hasn't come that easy for me and I had to overcome all the frustration. It took me 5 good attempts to receive what I require. Take a look at score

Attempt 1:
L-7.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-7.0
Attempt 2:
L-8.0 R-7.0 W-6.5 S-8.0
Attempt 3:
L-7.5 R-7.5 W-6.5 S-7.5
Attempt 4:
L-8.0 R-6.5 W-7.5 S-8.0
Attempt 5:
L-8.0 R-8.0 W-7.0 S-8.0

I never gave up bez I don't have any option other than passing out.
I would like wish whoever taking IELTS all the best!

Congrats!! infact, you could have gone for the remark in the first or second attempt only...

cat44zz Nov 23rd 2012 6:25 am

How long did it take for you to get your results? Was it only 4 weeks?
I really hope mine will only take 4 weeks or less in time to lodge on visa application. I'm so annoyed at my results. I need all 8 but I got this:

L:9
R:9
W:7.5
S: 8

0.5 away!!!!! arrrghhhh!!!

shah Nov 23rd 2012 9:55 am

Originally Posted by cat44zz (Post 10397323)
How long did it take for you to get your results? Was it only 4 weeks?
I really hope mine will only take 4 weeks or less in time to lodge on visa application. I'm so annoyed at my results. I need all 8 but I got this:

L:9
R:9
W:7.5
S: 8

0.5 away!!!!! arrrghhhh!!!

you can also try for a reamrk, as writing is subjective, however, this would take almost 6-8 weeks.

kevncarlz Dec 4th 2012 8:49 am

Hi there,
My mam and her partner are in the process of applying for a PR visa but they can not get over the IELTS test they have done the test 3 times and keep missing out on point 5 of a point like the others. is there anyway they can do a mock test to see where they are going wrong as it never tells them so they can not Inprove on the area in problem. any information will be a great help cheers

Pollyana Dec 4th 2012 8:53 am

Originally Posted by kevncarlz (Post 10415058)
Hi there,
My mam and her partner are in the process of applying for a PR visa but they can not get over the IELTS test they have done the test 3 times and keep missing out on point 5 of a point like the others. is there anyway they can do a mock test to see where they are going wrong as it never tells them so they can not Inprove on the area in problem. any information will be a great help cheers

If you search the forum for threads on IELTS you'll find several links to practice material :)

cat44zz Dec 10th 2012 9:40 am

Hey just to let y'all know. I got my remark results back.
Sigh no change for my writing. Still 7.5. Its pretty disappointing. I mean I got 2 9s and one 8.