Wikiposts

IELTS - need to resit?

Old Sep 30th 2007, 5:14 am
Just Joined

austra99 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS - need to resit?

Hello,

I lodged my skilled visa application in June this year. At the time of lodgement my IELTS certificate was still valid for couple of days more. I got my acknowledgement several days ago, everything OK, but by the time I am writing this, it has long expired.

When I sat for the IELTS last year, I had to do the ACADEMIC module because of the skills assessment, I did it fine, overall 7.5.

My question is: since I have a feeling that my case officer might ask (or not) for another, valid IELTS (I know that some people needed to resit it, others did not), and I would like to do it in advance (time matter) just to have it ready in case the CO asks for it,

will I have to sit for the academic module again or I can do the general version?

I repeat: I had to sit for the academic module the first time - because of the skills assessment.

Has anyone been in the similar situation?

Thanks in advance, any response appreciated!

Last edited by austra99; Sep 30th 2007 at 5:17 am.
Old Sep 30th 2007, 6:28 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS - need to resit?

I think that the test as well as the assessment results must be valid at the time your application has been lodged - i.e. went over the DIAC doorstep, not when you dropped it off at your local post office. If that is the case, you should be fine.
NJ
Old Sep 30th 2007, 8:04 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by newjersey
I think that the test as well as the assessment results must be valid at the time your application has been lodged - i.e. went over the DIAC doorstep, not when you dropped it off at your local post office. If that is the case, you should be fine.
NJ
Thanks, newjersey, for your reply.

My test was valid at the time my application was lodged, it was valid until July 3, and DIAC received my application on June 28. So, only 4 days more and it would not have been valid.

A woman who also applied for a visa told me she needed to resit the IELTS since she was in a similar situation as I am. That's why I think DIAC might ask for a new IELTS results (or maybe they won't, I hope so) and I want to be ready in case they do it.
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:08 am
Just Joined

So, did anyone else have to redo IELTS?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by austra99
Hello,

I lodged my skilled visa application in June this year. At the time of lodgement my IELTS certificate was still valid for couple of days more. I got my acknowledgement several days ago, everything OK, but by the time I am writing this, it has long expired.

When I sat for the IELTS last year, I had to do the ACADEMIC module because of the skills assessment, I did it fine, overall 7.5.

My question is: since I have a feeling that my case officer might ask (or not) for another, valid IELTS (I know that some people needed to resit it, others did not), and I would like to do it in advance (time matter) just to have it ready in case the CO asks for it,

will I have to sit for the academic module again or I can do the general version?

I repeat: I had to sit for the academic module the first time - because of the skills assessment.

Has anyone been in the similar situation?

Thanks in advance, any response appreciated!
Hi Austra99,

If you are still living in England, you should be fine. It is unlikely that the case officer will request a new IELTS test.

Regards,

Kathryn
Old Oct 1st 2007, 6:39 am
Just Joined

Hi, Kathryn,

thanks for your reply.

I don't live in England and I never have (I would like that I have lived, I must admit ). I live in southeastern Europe.
So, what do you think: in case that CO asks for the IELTS again, can I sit for the general module or do I have to redo the academic version of the test?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 3:03 pm
Addicted to browsing BE

goldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond reputegoldchoccycoin has a reputation beyond repute

Don't quote me on this, but if you do need to retake I'm sure you could retake the general model - as I am sure they would only want to see that your english is up to scratch (and the academic model was just for the skill assessment).

However, seeing as you have already proven that your english is good (7.5 shows proficient english) in the fairly recent past, I can't see why they'd make you do it again!

Godd luck!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 5:43 pm
Just Joined

Thank you all for your replies!

I hope the CO won't ask for the IELTS again, but it must be the impatience because of the waiting - so I keep thinking about everything all over again.
I also hope I will be contacted by my CO soon.
cheers
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:00 pm
alien

silentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to all

I hope the CO won't ask for the IELTS again, but it must be the impatience because of the waiting - so I keep thinking about everything all over again.
cheers
Hi Guys,

I am in similar situation here. I have lodeged my application in January this year and my IELTS has expired just last month. But today I got a call from agent saying they are asking for retake of IELTS.

What is going on?
I am not from England. I am from Bangladesh. But what is this got to do with IELTS?

Just when I thought they would ask for Med, they say this!

Please help me out.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:05 pm
alien

silentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to allsilentwalker is a name known to all

cheers
Ok i got it!

It was written in my acknowledgment letter and I never read that part carefully!

Can anyone say, will the CO stop processing my applicaiton till I send IELTS result again? In that case I will have to appear ASAP. Otherwise I can take couple of weeks to get prepared again.
Old Oct 2nd 2007, 4:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by silentwalker
Ok i got it!

It was written in my acknowledgment letter and I never read that part carefully!

Can anyone say, will the CO stop processing my applicaiton till I send IELTS result again? In that case I will have to appear ASAP. Otherwise I can take couple of weeks to get prepared again.
Hi, silentwalker,

You need to ask your agent how much time you have to get prepared for the test. I think you probably have to sit for the test on the next exam date.
This means that I should start preparing myself too. They might ask for my new IELTS results.

Anyway, good luck on your exam!
Old Oct 8th 2007, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Kathryn44 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by silentwalker
Ok i got it!

Hello again,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, you will most likely be asked to provide a more up to date IELTS result. 28 - 70 days is given to provide requested documentation, but this deadline can be extended if necessary.

Good luck,

Kathryn Bruinsma
Old Oct 8th 2007, 7:32 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kathryn44
Hello again,

Sorry for the misunderstanding. Yes, you will most likely be asked to provide a more up to date IELTS result. 28 - 70 days is given to provide requested documentation, but this deadline can be extended if necessary.

Good luck,

Kathryn Bruinsma
Thank you, Kathryn,
can you just tell me if you know: Is CO going to ask for the academic or general module?
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:00 pm
alien

Thank you, Kathryn,
can you just tell me if you know: Is CO going to ask for the academic or general module?
In my case, CO clearly specified that I will have to attend General Training module.
Old Oct 9th 2007, 4:24 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you, Kathryn,
Do you have an agent? If so, ask them. If not, send an enquiry to your case officer asking what they want. It seems nobody here can answer you specifically.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.