Wikiposts

IELTS - How Long Are They valid For??

Old Sep 13th 2007, 3:36 am
Account Closed

Up To Late is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS - How Long Are They valid For??

Hi,

Does anyone know how long IELTS are valid for?

We are applying for SIR and in theory can apply for PR after 2 years - hopefully before. Would we need new IELTS tests or once you have the required score is it valid for life??

Thanks
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:06 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS - How Long Are They valid For??

Valid for 2 years
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:05 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Valid for 2 years
Thanks Beth,

I took my exam last week and haven't got the results yet. So I haven't got a certificate to refer to etc. (Fingers crossed I get 4 x 7!)

What a shame they only last 2 years. Hopefully we will qualify for PR sooner than that but if we follow the traditional route it will be at least 30 months after the exam that we qualify for PR.

Still it's only more money. LOL.
Old Sep 13th 2007, 5:14 am
Make it happen!!!!

BethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeBethandAndrew has a reputation beyond repute

Got my fingers crossed for you

If you're doing the IELTS for extra points, surely when you apply for PR you would get extra points for Australian work experience? Check this out, as you may not have to re-sit the IELTS then

Really hope you get 4 x 7's!!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 6:21 am
Forum Regular

angie n chris is on a distinguished road

Beths right if its for the extra points

And good luck with result!!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:27 am
Account Closed

Thanks both!!

We have to apply for SIR under my name as my OH who has 120 points is in IT and can't apply for SA sponsorship without a job offer. I have been trying to work out the possible scenarios of SIR to PR.

Once we are in Oz if he gets a job in IT he has a job offer = 120 points. This 120 points includes IELTS points. Not sure if we can apply onshore, but he can apply offshore for STNI

If this is not possible once he has worked for a year he has 10 extra points for work experience and doesn't need the IELTS as you say.

We may also go the Business visa route for second stage so we may need the IELTS to boost points - not sure???

If we go the usual route from 475 to 887 the IELTS is waived - but this takes longer - up to 4 years.

Why do they make it so complex?

Thanks again!!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:31 am
Make it happen!!!!

Hope everything goes to plan for you
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by BethandAndrew
Hope everything goes to plan for you
Thanks! Why do they make it so darn complicated? I thought the 1st sept changes were supposed to simplify things!
Old Sep 13th 2007, 7:58 am
BE Forum Addict

welshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond reputewelshtony has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gotooz1
Thanks both!!

We have to apply for SIR under my name as my OH who has 120 points is in IT and can't apply for SA sponsorship without a job offer. I have been trying to work out the possible scenarios of SIR to PR.

Once we are in Oz if he gets a job in IT he has a job offer = 120 points. This 120 points includes IELTS points. Not sure if we can apply onshore, but he can apply offshore for STNI

If this is not possible once he has worked for a year he has 10 extra points for work experience and doesn't need the IELTS as you say.

We may also go the Business visa route for second stage so we may need the IELTS to boost points - not sure???

If we go the usual route from 475 to 887 the IELTS is waived - but this takes longer - up to 4 years.

Why do they make it so complex?

Thanks again!!
If you go SIR with you and you doing IELTS then after 12 months of him working in skilled occupation, he could score extra 10 points - maybe he would need IELTS then unless he does with you now. No extra points for job offer unless he qualifies for MODL points anyway. He can apply for off-shore 175 when he has the 12 months Australian experience and scores at least 120 points.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896
Old Sep 13th 2007, 11:17 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by welshtony
If you go SIR with you and you doing IELTS then after 12 months of him working in skilled occupation, he could score extra 10 points - maybe he would need IELTS then unless he does with you now. No extra points for job offer unless he qualifies for MODL points anyway. He can apply for off-shore 175 when he has the 12 months Australian experience and scores at least 120 points.

Regards

Tony Coates
MARN 0635896

Thanks Tony - I think I get it!!!