British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   IELTS and Graduate visa, Pleassssse help (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/ielts-graduate-visa-pleassssse-help-579771/)

Nimra Dec 22nd 2008 9:42 am

IELTS and Graduate visa, Pleassssse help

hello to everyone

I need a piece of advice. In IELTS I have scored 7 all together but couldn’t achieved the desired score in each module. I need at least 5 in each. Instead I got 8, 4.5:eek:, 7, 8.5

I am about to apply for my graduate visa, I’am not sure whether I am eligible to apply with this score. I have tried to book for tests but couldn’t get the dates available till April. My student visa is running out on 15th of March.

Please advice me what I do. Is there any bridging visa thingy for graduate visa? so mean while I could give exam and than apply for it.

Thanks to all
Nim

pumpkin blossom Dec 22nd 2008 10:17 am

Re: IELTS and Graduate visa, Pleassssse help

How many points do you have without the test?

ZeeAsh Dec 22nd 2008 10:38 am

Originally Posted by Nimra (Post 7090516)
hello to everyone

I need a piece of advice. In IELTS I have scored 7 all together but couldn’t achieved the desired score in each module. I need at least 5 in each. Instead I got 8, 4.5:eek:, 7, 8.5

I am about to apply for my graduate visa, I’am not sure whether I am eligible to apply with this score. I have tried to book for tests but couldn’t get the dates available till April. My student visa is running out on 15th of March.

Please advice me what I do. Is there any bridging visa thingy for graduate visa? so mean while I could give exam and than apply for it.

Thanks to all
Nim

I guess at least 6 in each module is required .. and you have 4.5 in one .. so I think you may have to repeat your IELTS..

check http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...ty-english.htm

*** Its my personal view, please consult with someone else ***

pumpkin blossom Dec 22nd 2008 10:44 am

Only if the points are needed, assuming you are a british passport holder that is.

Nimra Dec 22nd 2008 10:53 am

well for sure I am reapplying for test but the problem is availability of dates.
pumpkin luckily this visa hasn't any point system; its for OZ students who fulfill the requirement of 2 years to gain extra experience to qualify for PR.

I' am from European country that means IELTS test a must for me well I didn't gave enough to my reading section and this holiday season delaying me further.
Thanks anyways and marry Christmas to every one.
Nim

George Lombard Dec 22nd 2008 11:57 am

Originally Posted by Nimra (Post 7090669)
well for sure I am reapplying for test but the problem is availability of dates.
pumpkin luckily this visa hasn't any point system; its for OZ students who fulfill the requirement of 2 years to gain extra experience to qualify for PR.

I' am from European country that means IELTS test a must for me well I didn't gave enough to my reading section and this holiday season delaying me further.
Nim

Dear Nimra,

No that score is insufficient for most general skilled migration applications and I would suggest you obtain urgent professional advice about doing your IELTS in Darwin or Auckland if closer centres are booked out.

Cheers,

George Lombard

ZeeAsh Dec 22nd 2008 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Nimra (Post 7090669)

Nim

If you hold the passport from one of the countires then you don't need the IELTS .....

United Kingdom (UK)
Canada
New Zealand
United States of America (USA)
Republic of Ireland.

If you want to get extra points then do IELTS

ZeeAsh Dec 22nd 2008 12:29 pm

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh (Post 7090890)
If you hold the passport from one of the countires then you don't need the IELTS .....

United Kingdom (UK)
Canada
New Zealand
United States of America (USA)
Republic of Ireland.

If you want to get extra points then do IELTS

Please confirm above comments from some one else too

pumpkin blossom Dec 23rd 2008 4:44 am

Not to be funny, but why do you need those comments confirmed? That info is on the immigration website, just follow the link you posted.

Nimra Dec 23rd 2008 6:48 am

Pumpkin blossom

I was wondering my question is quite misinterpreted. I am not asking for IELTS score for any point system!. I am only concerning here for bridging visa and my graduate visa issue which I think is quite evident from my question, and I haven't posted any link it was from other other member who replied me!!!

Mr. George Lombard,

Thanks for your response I am doing my best to get test dates, mean while I called today to immigration and was told before my visa expires I can apply for tourist visa (which is work restricted) and give my IELTS exam in April's first available date and then I could straight away apply for my graduate visa. For some reasons tourist visa is a Big NO NO for me. I would certainly prefer to seek a professional advice at this stage, feeling like at the verge of loosing whole hard work, wonderful achieved results in my course studies. I am in a profession I need 5 in all components.

Thanks
Nim

pumpkin blossom Dec 23rd 2008 7:49 am

Originally Posted by Nimra (Post 7093481)
Pumpkin blossom

I was wondering my question is quite misinterpreted. I am not asking for IELTS score for any point system!. I am only concerning here for bridging visa and my graduate visa issue which I think is quite evident from my question, and I haven't posted any link it was from other other member who replied me!!!

I was refering to the post directly above mine, by ZeeAsh, who posted the link. :p