Wikiposts

IELTS General or Academic

Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:45 am
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute
Default IELTS General or Academic

Hi All,
I know the subject of IELTS is fully exhausted in this forum, so I will ask a quick question.
In order to claim 25 points for English, do you need to sit the Academic test, or you could sit the General one and supposedly you gain 7 marks or above in all 4 components, you are eligible for the 25 points?
I would really appreciate your answer.

Thanks
Summer
Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:46 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS General or Academic

Originally Posted by Summer05
Hi All,
I know the subject of IELTS is fully exhausted in this forum, so I will ask a quick question.
In order to claim 25 points for English, do you need to sit the Academic test, or you could sit the General one and supposedly you gain 7 marks or above in all 4 components, you are eligible for the 25 points?
I would really appreciate your answer.

Thanks
Summer
Definitely the general one
Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

Summer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond reputeSummer05 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Definitely the general one
Hi

Thanks for your reply. God,me and my husband have bought every single book that was out there, and cds and everything else relating to the academic test,which is so damn difficult.THis is such a relief.
Many thanks again, and good luck.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 3:57 am
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

No problem. Good luck with the test. When I did it first I said it was easy, it was. But only scored 6 in reading. I'm not convinced that it was marked correctly but I would have to wait 6 weeks if I contested it. So, sitting it again on Thursday. Valetines day is for wimps anyway. I would much prefer to drag myself out of bed at 4.30, dash to the airport, fly to Birmingham, sit another stupid english test, hang around brummy until i can fly home and go to bed. Very romantic. lol
Old Feb 12th 2008, 4:38 am
Forum Regular

jacm will become famous soon enoughjacm will become famous soon enough

Will see you in Birmingham then as I am doing the exam that day also!!
Old Feb 12th 2008, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
No problem. Good luck with the test. When I did it first I said it was easy, it was. But only scored 6 in reading. I'm not convinced that it was marked correctly but I would have to wait 6 weeks if I contested it. So, sitting it again on Thursday. Valetines day is for wimps anyway. I would much prefer to drag myself out of bed at 4.30, dash to the airport, fly to Birmingham, sit another stupid english test, hang around brummy until i can fly home and go to bed. Very romantic. lol
Hi

Oh, well, what is valentine's day anyway, so you may as well sit the test, once you pass it you then feel as if you had the best valentine ever.
Best of luck and don't forget to take the irish shamrock with you. That's what I will do.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 5:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by jacm
Will see you in Birmingham then as I am doing the exam that day also!!
Cool, I'll be the Irish dude looking disinterested lol.
Old Feb 12th 2008, 6:49 am
beach bum

ponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond reputeponyrama has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck guys - I just sent my form off today to book mine. I think its a bit mean making us sit the test to get the 25 points - but I'll be 5 short without it so I guess its money well spent.