Old Sep 17th 2010, 1:13 pm
Just Joined

Rasenkrieger is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: IELTS 'Enquiry on Results'

Please let us know how it turned out!

P
Old Sep 17th 2010, 1:44 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rasenkrieger
Please let us know how it turned out!

P
Judging by their signature I'd say it got remarked as a 7.5.
Old Sep 17th 2010, 5:46 pm
Forum Regular

Drell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really niceDrell is just really nice

I just started a thread on the IELTS situation, those of you with questions might find it helpful.

Thanks
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:38 pm
Forum Regular

qadeer591 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have received the enquiry result. My speaking score has been increased from 6.5 to 7.5.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Great! I did the test twice - it did seem to me there is significant flux in the band given, especially in the writing part
Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:58 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by qadeer591
Hello Bermudashorts,

My scores are:
Listening: 8
Reading: 8
Writing: 7
Speaking: 6.5

Overall band: 7.5

What is your suggestion?
I don't know your spoken english level. But there is not a significant polarity in your speaking and otherwise scores, in my opinion.

Resitting would be a better option.

Sorry didn't read the updated post. So it was all worth it at the end. Congratulations.

Last edited by gr8leo87; Sep 18th 2010 at 8:11 pm.
Old Sep 18th 2010, 9:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
I don't know your spoken english level. But there is not a significant polarity in your speaking and otherwise scores, in my opinion.

Resitting would be a better option.

Sorry didn't read the updated post. So it was all worth it at the end. Congratulations.
Thanks
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:35 am
Just Joined

rohitbhatia is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I just got my ielts score today and they are:
L = 9.0
R = 7.5
S = 7
W = 6.5

I am thinking to give an enquiry for my wriritng section as I need 7 in the writing band. I need some advice guys if giving an enquiry would be a good option.

What are the chances that my score will be increased from 6.5 to 7?
Old Jan 28th 2011, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Hi!

Concerning your writing reults, this has been exactly my situation.
I had a strong feeling of being "underevaulued". Still, got the same 6.5 again

So I am not enthusiastic about having the writing exam checked by the IELTS staff

Good luck!
Philipp
Old Jan 28th 2011, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

Hello rohit,

My speaking score was revised from 6.5 to 7.5.
Looking at your other scores, I am surprised that you got so less in writing.

I would suggest you go ahead for EOR.

Last edited by qadeer591; Jan 28th 2011 at 12:55 pm.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 12:43 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by qadeer591
Hello rohit,

My speaking score was revised from 6.5 to 7.5.
Looking at your other scores, I am surprised that you got so less in writing.

I would suggest you go ahead for EOR.
How do you know? Have you seen his Written test?
Old Jan 29th 2011, 6:14 am
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by moneypenny20
I am also surprised. I have not seen his written test.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:03 am
Crazy Cat Lady

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
I am also surprised. I have not seen his written test.
Well I am not surprised and I've not seen his paper either. However judging by the fact that many of you have English as your second language, and judging by the spelling, grammar and general ability to write cohesive sentences by some of you on British Expats, I would surmise that some of you were lucky to receive 6, let alone anything higher. When the IELTS tests causes problems to some who have English as a first language, I fail to understand why you (general) expect to receive the mark you require. It's like the visa, it's not your right to receive the score you want.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:35 am
Forum Regular

speaking & writing tests are always subjective. It depends upon the person who evaluated the test.
If that isn't correct then how come my score was revised from 6.5 to 7.5?

I never said that rohit will get his score revised. I only said that looking at his other module results, which are quite good, it is quite probable that his writing skills might also be good, if not best. I only encouraged him to go for EOR.

Ultimately it is the confidence level of the person under question that will decide what to do.
I was confident of my performance in the test. Hence I went for EOR and got positive results.
Old Jan 29th 2011, 7:39 am
Forum Regular

Well I am not surprised and I've not seen his paper either. However judging by the fact that many of you have English as your second language, and judging by the spelling, grammar and general ability to write cohesive sentences by some of you on British Expats, I would surmise that some of you were lucky to receive 6, let alone anything higher. When the IELTS tests causes problems to some who have English as a first language, I fail to understand why you (general) expect to receive the mark you require. It's like the visa, it's not your right to receive the score you want.
I think the kind of statement "some of you were lucky to receive 6, let alone anything higher" is not called for.
IELTS evaluators do not do any favour. They evaluate strictly based on your performance in the test.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.