IELTS

Old Feb 1st 2018, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: IELTS

Thanks Richard, yes i have no choice but to carry on trying. Im doing loads of studying but its very hard to find speaking help and this seems to be the hurdle. Feed the cash cow some more I guess until I get there. Fi
Old Feb 1st 2018, 8:33 pm
Just Joined

Rhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond reputeRhea Tolentino has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by FionaG
Hi everyone, so my English exam nightmare continues, I did not get the results I needed on the PTE so after lots of feeling useless I am going to keep on studying and try again soon. There is no other option as I need the 20 points or no visa. Anyone else feeling deflated by this silly testing system ? My speaking results were 66 total joke as on my IELTS I got 9 lol.
The difference between PTE and IELTS is the delivery. PTEis computer based whilst IELTS is classroom type one. When choosing which of test to take, one also needs to understand his/her own learning style. From the looks of it, looks like you're more comfortable with a classroom set up than computer based type of testing. Perhaps might be worth considering doing IELTS the next time around?
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 5:13 pm
Forum Regular

FionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura aboutFionaG has a spectacular aura about

HI, have sat IELTS twice and due to my dyslexia I find it a struggle so gave PTE a try and my speaking score was bad although I'm English lol so I will just keep studying and try again.fi
Old Feb 2nd 2018, 11:26 pm
Spud

spuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond reputespuddyo has a reputation beyond repute

I'ts a pointless ( excuse the pun ) box ticking exercise, when you get to Australia you find that there are lots of people here who hardly know any English at all. But that's what a lot of Bureaucracy is like here, just box ticking and fee paying for the privilege. You don't do training here to improve your knowledge, you just learn how to tick the boxes. It drives me nuts.
Old Mar 31st 2018, 10:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hi everyone, so still trying to pass this bloody English test next one on 5th April so hopefully I can get the mark I need this time as im getting really fed up of it. Im now trying PTE and this will be my 3rd try but im so close I think.
Just holding us up, hopefully we can push forward soon. How is everyone getting on with passing English test ? Fiona.
Old Mar 31st 2018, 10:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by spuddyo
I'ts a pointless ( excuse the pun ) box ticking exercise, when you get to Australia you find that there are lots of people here who hardly know any English at all. But that's what a lot of Bureaucracy is like here, just box ticking and fee paying for the privilege. You don't do training here to improve your knowledge, you just learn how to tick the boxes. It drives me nuts.
Hi spuddyo
sure is im going nuts but just got to get it done I think its very unfair as I have held a visa and lived in Qld for 2 years but that counts for nothing.If I want to get back I have to just do it.
Old Apr 1st 2018, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

Clacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond reputeClacfart has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, I am sorry to hear that you are struggling with the IELTS. I remember feeling so nervous about the whole thing. Have you tried the road to IELTS?? I know it cost around £40 but you get a login for a month and you can do so many practices on it and there are tips and videos on each of the tests, and then about 7 test papers for each subject once you feel confident enough. I know it sounds a little tedious but I studied for 4 hours a day (on those days I did a 14 hour shift I just did 2 hours practice).

It paid off though xx
Old Apr 5th 2018, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

Just sat PTE again so the wait begins, hopefully get results tomorrow.I made a couple of errors so no idea how I will be scored
Old Apr 9th 2018, 8:26 am
Forum Regular

So still not got the mark I need,this is really breaking me down now am feeling like a total dunce.Next move .... ???
This test PTE and IELTS has cost me over £1000 now and is a joke really.Traveling to reading is a 3hr journey and test is so early I have to book a hotel the night before so it's costing a fortune.Anyone's advice welcomed.Fi
Old Apr 9th 2018, 1:55 pm

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

So still not got the mark I need,this is really breaking me down now am feeling like a total dunce.Next move .... ???
This test PTE and IELTS has cost me over £1000 now and is a joke really.Traveling to reading is a 3hr journey and test is so early I have to book a hotel the night before so it's costing a fortune.Anyone's advice welcomed.Fi
If you have a valid IELTS result with all 7.0's, is there any possibility of being sponsored for a 489 which comes with 10 points? You would need to check the state lists to see if any are sponsoring your occupation.

The alternative is to pay for a proper course to help you pass at all 8.0's which will still give you no guarantee. What practice have you done so far other than repeat tests?
Old Apr 10th 2018, 5:15 pm
Just Joined

geo_1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does it have to be 8’s in the academic IELTS or is it the general test???
Old Apr 10th 2018, 5:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

7 at IELTS is not easy. Do not think that because you have English as a native language that you will get a high score. Study and practice will give some return on the investment of time and money.
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

[QUOTE=geo_1987;12479359]Does it have to be 8’s in the academic IELTS or is it the general test???[/QUOTE

Hi, yes i need all 8s to gain 20 points. NIGHTMARE
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 9:36 am
Forum Regular

Hi, so after 6 English tests im finally beginning to think my dream of returning to Australia may be over.I am reduced to tears and trying to find a tutor has not been great as they all teach non native only.So any advice welcomed as i don't know what to do i have band 7 for 10 points but this is not enough as i need 20 due to age.Is there any options im missing ?? my agent is useless so not worth asking her really.Fi
Old Apr 23rd 2018, 9:39 am
snɐןɔ ʎʇıuɐs

GarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond reputeGarryP has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, so after 6 English tests im finally beginning to think my dream of returning to Australia may be over.I am reduced to tears and trying to find a tutor has not been great as they all teach non native only.So any advice welcomed as i don't know what to do i have band 7 for 10 points but this is not enough as i need 20 due to age.Is there any options im missing ?? my agent is useless so not worth asking her really.Fi
By this point you should know which bits are letting you down. As I said previously, each one has a 'trick' to uping the score, so if you can get 7s, you ought to be able to push them to 8s with practice on the tests/tricks.

So where is the problem?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.