IELTS

Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:18 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Smile Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by Millie11
Hi, Just saw that you are Dutch and therefore only need 4.5. So does that mean that you only need 5 in the 4 main areas? I am Danish and that's the first time I have heard that. I really hope so - kept thinking if the native english speakers fail - what chances would I have.....
Hi ...I only needed an average of 4.5 across all the 4 sections as I'm not the main applicant on the visa my OH is. Otherwise it meant paying more money to DIAC for the 2nd visa applicant.

Originally Posted by ChocCake
im not sure about the dutch thing, but the majority of us need the points, so we need an average of 7 or more to get 25 points, otherwise we'll only have 15 points.
(i think i'm right..?)
That's right.. It's not because I'm Dutch that I only needed the 4.5. It's true that you need a minimum of 7 in each section (not average across the 4sections) for the 25 points for the visa process.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:39 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by knockoff nige
Failed! Unbelievable. Well not failed but only 6 in reading and 8, 8.5, and 9 in the rest. Shocking. How can this honestly suggest that I'm not proficient in English? Have to do this stupid exam again. I'm really annoyed. I'll be getting them to check the result again but I never have any faith in these things when you cant actually see it for yourself. Another ****** delay to this visa application.
Hi Nigel,

I couldn't help noticing your problem. Have you contacted IELTS about a review? I'm sure that not every review takes 9 weeks and that reviews can be processed quicker on request. You would seem to clearly have the jagged profile which justifies a review.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:41 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Nigel,

I couldn't help noticing your problem. Have you contacted IELTS about a review? I'm sure that not every review takes 9 weeks and that reviews can be processed quicker on request. You would seem to clearly have the jagged profile which justifies a review.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Well I plan to do a review but going by the snobby reply I got today when I called the test centre, a quicker review might be a no no. Thanks anyway.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 6:46 pm
Reg. Migration Agent

George Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond reputeGeorge Lombard has a reputation beyond repute

Well I plan to do a review but going by the snobby reply I got today when I called the test centre, a quicker review might be a no no. Thanks anyway.
Hi Nigel,

Surprised that they're not more flexible - we don't seem to have any problem with getting their co-operation in Australia. Good luck with it.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Old Feb 4th 2008, 7:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by George Lombard
Hi Nigel,

Surprised that they're not more flexible - we don't seem to have any problem with getting their co-operation in Australia. Good luck with it.

Cheers,

George Lombard
Maybe they will be. Have to call them again tomorrow to get them to review it. I could tell them that I'm short on time for my visa, my last dying wish was to see Oz and I'm a little annoyed about my cat spitting out someones finger this morning. Or make it less detailed but just as important.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by dandn
I practised in the evening and if you practise a lot you won't get any suprises at the day of the test.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!!

This IELTS test was the last thing our CO asked for, so hopefully the meds were ok (we haven't heard anything back yet)

Now it's waiting for the VISA GRANT!!!!!!!

Debby

Thanks, Debby. Keep everything crossed for me!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Millie11 will become famous soon enough

[QUOTE=dandn;5883791]Hi ...I only needed an average of 4.5 across all the 4 sections as I'm not the main applicant on the visa my OH is. Otherwise it meant paying more money to DIAC for the 2nd visa applicant.

Thanks - can see that we are in the same situation Makes me confident about passing the test.
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dandan1
Thanks, Debby. Keep everything crossed for me!!!
Old Feb 5th 2008, 7:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Millie11;5890280]
Hi ...I only needed an average of 4.5 across all the 4 sections as I'm not the main applicant on the visa my OH is. Otherwise it meant paying more money to DIAC for the 2nd visa applicant.

Thanks - can see that we are in the same situation Makes me confident about passing the test.
No problem...just keep practising

I used this website which was really good http://www.ielts-exam.net

When is your test???
Good luck!!
Debby
Old Feb 11th 2008, 9:44 pm

mary1967 is an unknown quantity at this point

Maybe they will be. Have to call them again tomorrow to get them to review it. I could tell them that I'm short on time for my visa, my last dying wish was to see Oz and I'm a little annoyed about my cat spitting out someones finger this morning. Or make it less detailed but just as important.

Good luck with your resit.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:28 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

KNOCKOFF NIGE

Good luck tomorrow.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 1:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by dandan1
KNOCKOFF NIGE

Good luck tomorrow.
Hey thanks very much. However I dont need luck. I am super at english (or whatever I was thinking before I sat the first test lol). I am more concerned now about this than I was for my ACS app.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

GOOD LUCK tomorrow Nige !!!!!

Debby
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond reputeFly Away has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck Nige!! Fingers crossed this time's a charm.
Old Feb 13th 2008, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

GOOD LUCK tomorrow Nige !!!!!

Debby
Thanks alot. Its the wait thats the killer.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.