IELTS

Old Jul 28th 2008, 5:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by AndyR
Thanks. I picked up a couple of books at lunch from Border. Cambridge IETLS book 5 and a IELTS Practice book which looked quite good and had a lot of reading exercises in. Maybe this was my problem as I found it difficult to find some decent reading exercises with T/F/NG type questions in prior to my test.

Oh man thats horrible!! I hope you get it sorted soon. I know what you mean about the receptionists! I had a couple of them when I was trying to book where I couldn't understand, and the emails I got back from the Rugby centre look like they were written by a 4 year old!
Nottingham University is about 1 hour 15 minutes from Northampton (depending on where in Northampton lol) That's where I sat mine. Might be worth contacting them for your resit.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by helenandrob
I know how you feel I failed last time on the reading and just scraped through the last test getting a 7! It is so annoying, I dont know where you are from but Plymouth always seem to have plenty of spaces left. www.maycoll.co.uk
Good Luck for next time!
Rob
Oh, just saw that you are quite a way from Plymouth, hope you find one nearer that can fit you in soon!
Originally Posted by charlie-k
Nottingham University is about 1 hour 15 minutes from Northampton (depending on where in Northampton lol) That's where I sat mine. Might be worth contacting them for your resit.

Thanks for that both. I'm just filling the form out for Birmingham on 6th September. 2nd closest to me and the first available date so just hope I can get on it!
Old Jul 28th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Thanks for that both. I'm just filling the form out for Birmingham on 6th September. 2nd closest to me and the first available date so just hope I can get on it!
Good luck. Let us know how you get on.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

clarinsred is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks. I picked up a couple of books at lunch from Border. Cambridge IETLS book 5 and a IELTS Practice book which looked quite good and had a lot of reading exercises in. Maybe this was my problem as I found it difficult to find some decent reading exercises with T/F/NG type questions in prior to my test.

Oh man thats horrible!! I hope you get it sorted soon. I know what you mean about the receptionists! I had a couple of them when I was trying to book where I couldn't understand, and the emails I got back from the Rugby centre look like they were written by a 4 year old!
Took the bull by the horn and went to collect my results in person, couldn't stand the wait any longer!
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 8.5
Writing: 8.5
Speaking: 9.0 Overall: 8.5
Worth every penny of train fare, such a relief!

Although I still find it insulting that the people who actually work at the centres do not even speak proficient English, and struggle understanding the most basic of questions!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by clarinsred
Took the bull by the horn and went to collect my results in person, couldn't stand the wait any longer!

Although I still find it insulting that the people who actually work at the centres do not even speak proficient English, and struggle understanding the most basic of questions!
Relief!!
Well done.
Old Jul 29th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Enthusiast

AndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to beholdAndyR is a splendid one to behold

EXCELLENT!! Congrats to you!!!

Get applying for that visa, I'll give you a 2 month headstart
Old Jul 29th 2008, 2:57 pm
Forum Regular

EXCELLENT!! Congrats to you!!!

Get applying for that visa, I'll give you a 2 month headstart
I've got to wait untill Sept 1st for my work experience! Skills only sent off last week so I think you may be ahead?
I noticed Liverpool had spaces for end of August, but I really would not recommend them! Did you use all those reading tests you reommended on that Russian (?) site? I found them really helpful, I think some of them where at Academic level so the actual test seemed easier than the practise. Good luck!
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

I've got to wait untill Sept 1st for my work experience! Skills only sent off last week so I think you may be ahead?
I noticed Liverpool had spaces for end of August, but I really would not recommend them! Did you use all those reading tests you reommended on that Russian (?) site? I found them really helpful, I think some of them where at Academic level so the actual test seemed easier than the practise. Good luck!
I've sent of the forms today for 6th Sept on Birmingham so fingers crossed for that.

I did my skills in March and got them back end of May, which is when I realised I needed IELTS so its my fault I put us back a bit with this. Oh well.

I used some of them but didn't get much chance with a lot of them. The moving house didn't help as it came round much quicker than we though so I was doing this while trying to revise.

Plus, I think someone is plotting against me now as found out this afternoon after I'd posted my IELTS application, that my boss wants me to do pass my ITIL exam before September and go on Prince2 awareness training!! ARGH!!! Too many things to do!!!

This Oz place better be worth it
Old Jul 29th 2008, 3:59 pm
Forum Regular

I've sent of the forms today for 6th Sept on Birmingham so fingers crossed for that.

I did my skills in March and got them back end of May, which is when I realised I needed IELTS so its my fault I put us back a bit with this. Oh well.

I used some of them but didn't get much chance with a lot of them. The moving house didn't help as it came round much quicker than we though so I was doing this while trying to revise.

Plus, I think someone is plotting against me now as found out this afternoon after I'd posted my IELTS application, that my boss wants me to do pass my ITIL exam before September and go on Prince2 awareness training!! ARGH!!! Too many things to do!!!

This Oz place better be worth it
Oh it will all be worth it! Have a look at them Russain(?) ones, I found them very helpful and at least your not moving house this time! Where are you thinking of settling to?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Oh it will all be worth it! Have a look at them Russain(?) ones, I found them very helpful and at least your not moving house this time! Where are you thinking of settling to?
Thanks. Looking at going to Brissy but may look at Perth as well as we have never been to Oz before. How about you?
Old Jul 29th 2008, 7:15 pm
Forum Regular

Thanks. Looking at going to Brissy but may look at Perth as well as we have never been to Oz before. How about you?
Perth area, we fell in love with Mandurah whilst we were there at Easter, we also liked Cottesloe, but houses are quite expensive there.
Old Aug 4th 2008, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

ozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really niceozbaz is just really nice

Hi

this has probably been asked may times: does it matter - in order to score extra points- whether test is academic or general?
The general ones are all booked til November here, has anyone sat the academic one ?? Whats that like?

Cheers
Old Aug 4th 2008, 4:23 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ozbaz
Hi

this has probably been asked may times: does it matter - in order to score extra points- whether test is academic or general?
The general ones are all booked til November here, has anyone sat the academic one ?? Whats that like?

Cheers
If it is just for the 10 points you can do either the academic or general. I did the general myself and was pretty hard. For the Academic you do an alternative reading and writing test.
Could you not do the general at another centre? It may be worth considering, if you did the academic and did not get the 7's required you'll have to wait for another test. (Liverpool had 30 August available last week)
Old Aug 4th 2008, 6:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

I chased up Aston (Birmingham) today as they still hadn't confirmed if I had got the 6th September General Training.

PHEW, they told me I had, just they don't send out confirmations till a couple of weeks before the date which is strange.

Cracking on with revision again now as can't afford to fail it again
Old Aug 4th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

I chased up Aston (Birmingham) today as they still hadn't confirmed if I had got the 6th September General Training.

PHEW, they told me I had, just they don't send out confirmations till a couple of weeks before the date which is strange.

Cracking on with revision again now as can't afford to fail it again
You'll be fine this time around!