IELTS

Old Jan 27th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

jane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant futurejane BK has a brilliant future
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by dandn
Hi Jane!!!!!!!!! I'm glad you've joined!!!!! we have to keep in touch!!! I was thinking after I left I should have given you my email address!!!
How did you speaking test go?????

Debby
Well when they asked me about housework I laughed! I was asked what I thought clothes said about a person and I told her that it said more about the person making the judgement! "An interesting answer" I was told - may have scuppered my chances of a good mark... will wait and see. Keep in touch - how long will you have to wait for a decision after you submit your IELTS result? Been watching Wanted Down under - as picked up nasty bug at the exam - all the coughing and spluttering - but at least watching TV reminded me what it was all about. Inpatient as ever.
Old Jan 28th 2008, 7:40 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jane BK
Well when they asked me about housework I laughed! I was asked what I thought clothes said about a person and I told her that it said more about the person making the judgement! "An interesting answer" I was told - may have scuppered my chances of a good mark... will wait and see. Keep in touch - how long will you have to wait for a decision after you submit your IELTS result? Been watching Wanted Down under - as picked up nasty bug at the exam - all the coughing and spluttering - but at least watching TV reminded me what it was all about. Inpatient as ever.
I'm sure you've done alright!!!I think we might get the results this coming friday!!!!!

I've send you a PM ( private message )

Debby
Old Feb 2nd 2008, 7:51 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

My main concern is the writing section.... what if you get a subject that you know nothing about? How on earth do you then write 250 words?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 10:03 am
BE Enthusiast

charlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud ofcharlie-k has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by dandan1
My main concern is the writing section.... what if you get a subject that you know nothing about? How on earth do you then write 250 words?
It's all about practice. I bought myself an A4 lined book, looked at sample questions and wrote anything I could which was relevant. Another thing I did was ask other peoples opinions, they always think of something you haven't. I googled questions too - that often gave ideas. Then when you have lots of examples, read them over and over again.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:08 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

To get a 25 point pass mark.

Is that classed as academic or general?

Please say general.

I have found out there is a study group for this exam in my home town.

May have to keep that in mind if i fail terribly :curse:
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paul76
To get a 25 point pass mark.

Is that classed as academic or general?

Please say general.

I have found out there is a study group for this exam in my home town.

May have to keep that in mind if i fail terribly :curse:
You can do either. There is no differentiation based on general or academic for visa points purposes.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:48 pm
Forum Regular

paul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant futurepaul76 has a brilliant future

So by doing academic your just making life harder for yourself?
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 1:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

slackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond reputeslackbloke has a reputation beyond repute

Yes exactly, unless possibly you are already in an academic role and may feel more comfortable with that style of questioning.
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:46 pm
Forum Regular

dandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura aboutdandan1 has a spectacular aura about

Thanks, Charlie. Am starting my practising tomorrow ready for the 16th!
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

seat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to allseat151 is a name known to all

From memory, in my speaking test, I had to talk about "The Arts", gardening and give a balenced arguement about money taken away from education and transprt to support more people being active.

For the written part, the first section was writing a letter regarding an electrical item faulty and I had to write to the shop complaing about this and the second part was "Why is it eeasier for people to travel these days"
Old Feb 3rd 2008, 7:18 pm
Forum Regular

I think I could manage that
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:05 am
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Hi everybody just got my results back

Can't believe I done so well

Listening 7.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 8.0
Speaking 9.0 ( must have been my practise with you Jane )
overall 8.5

Hope there will be more good results for the people who attended the 19th of Jan test!!

Debby
Old Feb 4th 2008, 10:49 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Academic test is designed for assessing your ability to *study* in English. Some institutions have their own thresholds for non-native English speakers. Immigration accepts both, and General IELTS is obviously easier in writing/reading parts.
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:14 am
Forum Regular

Listening 7.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 8.0
overall 8.5

Hope there will be more good results for the people who attended the 19th of Jan test!!

Debby

Congratulations!! Just trying to practice for mine - I've got a headache already!
Old Feb 4th 2008, 11:35 am
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Listening 7.5
Reading 9.0
Writing 8.0
overall 8.5

Debby
well done

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.