IELTS

Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by mb_jg
Even I appeared for the IELTS exam on 19th Jan. Which topics did you get for the reading module?
ehmmm let me think ....my memory has gone...the last one was about a cave in france where in they had found prehistoric paintings and one was about a service that was run by volunteers...

did you have the same???

Debby
Old Jan 24th 2008, 6:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

dandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud ofdandn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ChocCake
Gosh...are you still waiting for your ACS result since july??
No... my husband did ACS in March 07 and we received the results in June 07 |We then applied for the visa in July 07. My husband is the main applicant but i had to do the IELTS because I'm Dutch....and i think everyone now over sixteen need to sit the IELTS test .... correct me if I'm wrong.. So this test was the last we had to do before hopefully VISA GRANT!!!

Debby
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:35 pm
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by dandn
Hi welcome to BE.... unfortunately if you need the 25 points then the simple answer is yes you need to take the IELTS test. If English is your native language then you would get 15 points without taking the test.
The test is split into either General or Academic path ways. It depends on your career / trade as to which type of test you need to take.
The level of competency in each of 4 areas (Reading, Writing, Listening, and Speaking) are assessed. you need to score a certain level to qualify for the 25 points. For some people its an average figure across all for areas, for others its a set value per area.
I think its disgusting that you have to prove you can speak, read, write..... English when you've lived most or all of your life in the UK! I have just read on another thread (I got today) from someone who was from Pakistan who wrote broken English in his thread & said he got his visa granted without having to have a ielts test!!! Why is this??

Last edited by tawkins1; Jan 24th 2008 at 7:37 pm. Reason: typing error
Old Jan 24th 2008, 7:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

ehmmm let me think ....my memory has gone...the last one was about a cave in france where in they had found prehistoric paintings and one was about a service that was run by volunteers...

did you have the same???

Debby
Yeah I got that one. Did you have to write a letter to a moving company about damaged furniture aswell?
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by tawkins1
I think its disgusting that you have to prove you can speak, read, write..... English when you've lived most or all of your life in the UK! I have just read on another thread (I got today) from someone who was from Pakistan who wrote broken English in his thread & said he got his visa granted without having to have a ielts test!!! Why is this??

LOL! Yup, I read that thread too!! Ridiculous!!
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

How long did the results take to come I'm on day 12 now and I can't wait much longer:curse: I gave my email for the results
Old Jan 24th 2008, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

knockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond reputeknockoff nige has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by edie209
How long did the results take to come I'm on day 12 now and I can't wait much longer:curse: I gave my email for the results
We can get them by email? Yippeeeee
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:15 am
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice

did you have the same???

Debby
Your memory is good I had the same topics. Hope I score 7 in all the modules of the crazy headed test.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 5:31 am
Forum Regular

mb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nicemb_jg is just really nice

Damn, you really sound pissed Tawkins. I understand, I had re-sit the test cause I did not prepare myself for the test the first time over, got 6 in reading & 8 in all other modules. Sucks huh? Am gonna go berserk if I don't score my 7 in all modules this time around. The best part is the invigilators had so much difficulty making the announcements in English I could've died laughing.
Old Jan 25th 2008, 9:01 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all

Originally Posted by mb_jg
Damn, you really sound pissed Tawkins. I understand, I had re-sit the test cause I did not prepare myself for the test the first time over, got 6 in reading & 8 in all other modules. Sucks huh? Am gonna go berserk if I don't score my 7 in all modules this time around. The best part is the invigilators had so much difficulty making the announcements in English I could've died laughing.
OH NO!! that's annoying!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 11:46 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all
Smile Re: IELTS

LOL! Yup, I read that thread too!! Ridiculous!!
Yeah I couldn't believe that either, but then I thought to myself well if that's his standard of written English I don't think much of his chances actually getting a Job if his spoken English is at the same level..

Allan
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

edie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of lightedie209 is a glorious beacon of light

Hey Nige just phoned IELTS and they don't send results by email , and they send the results out by first class post on the second friday after the exam
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hey Nige just phoned IELTS and they don't send results by email , and they send the results out by first class post on the second friday after the exam
so you might get yours next week!!!
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

ah crap
Old Jan 25th 2008, 12:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

so you might get yours next week!!!
fingers crossed

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.