Wikiposts

IELTS

Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:10 pm
Just Joined

logical is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IELTS

i got 5.5 in IELTS . i just want to can i apply for application and then improve my ielts later ..
Old Nov 29th 2007, 11:50 pm
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice
Default Re: IELTS

Originally Posted by logical
i got 5.5 in IELTS . i just want to can i apply for application and then improve my ielts later ..
What are you applying for? If I remember right different visas have different IELTS requirements. Have you already checked www.immi.gov.au for more info on IELTS requirements for your visa.

I believe that you can't apply before you have the required IELTS result since copy of the test results has to be within the application papers and if it's not what is required it will be right away failed and lots of money lost :/

Kaitlin
Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:50 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by logical
Hi
I think you need a 7 in each of the 4 modules, if you have not achieved this then you will waste a lot of money, as your visa will be refused...
Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:21 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Hi
I think you need a 7 in each of the 4 modules, if you have not achieved this then you will waste a lot of money, as your visa will be refused...
Depends on the type of the visa. I understand that the OP is not a UK, US, NZ, Canadian or Irish passport holder, so here we go.

General skilled visas, for EACH section, need minimum of 6 (for 15 points) for non-trade and minimum 5 for Trade (i.e. TRA-assessed) occupations. Minimum 7 in each would give you 25 points.

Skilled Regional Sponsored a "concessional competent", which is AVERAGE 5.5 would be passable, if you secure the state sponsorship and in the end pay the tuition fee (a.k.a. 2nd installment).

English is a "basic" requirement, meaning that if it is not there, the application will be receipted, but not acknowledged and will be returned with the fee. No money waste in other words, just lots of frustration over time spent.

Now, the OP did not say what visa he/she wants to apply for, so it is very difficult to advise - because some visas do not even test Engish! We were just assuming the question was related to the skilled independent. So back to OP, the answer is Yes, you can and Yes you can.

NJ
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:05 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Originally Posted by newjersey
Depends on the type of the visa. I understand that the OP is not a UK, US, NZ, Canadian or Irish passport holder, so here we go.

General skilled visas, for EACH section, need minimum of 6 (for 15 points) for non-trade and minimum 5 for Trade (i.e. TRA-assessed) occupations. Minimum 7 in each would give you 25 points.

Skilled Regional Sponsored a "concessional competent", which is AVERAGE 5.5 would be passable, if you secure the state sponsorship and in the end pay the tuition fee (a.k.a. 2nd installment).

English is a "basic" requirement, meaning that if it is not there, the application will be receipted, but not acknowledged and will be returned with the fee. No money waste in other words, just lots of frustration over time spent.

Now, the OP did not say what visa he/she wants to apply for, so it is very difficult to advise - because some visas do not even test Engish! We were just assuming the question was related to the skilled independent. So back to OP, the answer is Yes, you can and Yes you can.

NJ
Thank you NJ, well explained
sharon
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:14 am

newjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond reputenewjersey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iwilldoit
Thank you NJ, well explained
sharon
Any time, Sharon
Cheers,
NJ