Wikiposts

IEAust

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 1:03 am
Forum Regular

5teve is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy IEAust

Hi all

a while since i posted....

right.... i posted everything off for the IEAust to asses my degree etc. they have come back saying its not washington accord but to see if my btec is sydney accord. guess what it would need to be an HND to be sydney accord. so i thought.... aha! people who left my bsc course after the second year had an HND so surely the BSc should be sydney accord.... wrong! now i think i am left with having to do a competency demonstration report. having read the 40 something page document regarding doing this i am now understandably nervous about getting this right.

Has anyone else done one of these...if so could i be really cheeky and ask if you mind sharing a copy with me just so i can see how its constucted and what is involved. i know you can resubmit a failed application but i really want to get it right.

by the way my degree was a plain degree (no honours) as the university shafted us royally, due to most of us failing a module (lecturer not turning up) and being told even if we passed the resit we couldnt do the 6 months honours bit. then when we all resat the exam and passed 3 months later we were told we could do the extention but most of us had got jobs

thanks for your help in advance!

Steve
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

georgebittar is on a distinguished road
Default Re: IEAust

Originally Posted by 5teve
Hi all

a while since i posted....

right.... i posted everything off for the IEAust to asses my degree etc. they have come back saying its not washington accord but to see if my btec is sydney accord. guess what it would need to be an HND to be sydney accord. so i thought.... aha! people who left my bsc course after the second year had an HND so surely the BSc should be sydney accord.... wrong! now i think i am left with having to do a competency demonstration report. having read the 40 something page document regarding doing this i am now understandably nervous about getting this right.

Has anyone else done one of these...if so could i be really cheeky and ask if you mind sharing a copy with me just so i can see how its constucted and what is involved. i know you can resubmit a failed application but i really want to get it right.

by the way my degree was a plain degree (no honours) as the university shafted us royally, due to most of us failing a module (lecturer not turning up) and being told even if we passed the resit we couldnt do the 6 months honours bit. then when we all resat the exam and passed 3 months later we were told we could do the extention but most of us had got jobs

thanks for your help in advance!

Steve
Hi Steve,

First of all, get calm.. hehehe :-)
Well, there is a CDR online that may help you to construct yours...
http://www.chegorian.com/community/etc/CDR.html
You have to be aware that there are some things on the IEAust booklet that changed from october 4 on, and this CDR was made before october 4.

There is also a pdf copy of MFAROUK CDR on this forum, at:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=260815

It may help you, but remember, CDR MUST be your own work. It takes time to get prepared. I spent some months doing mine.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 11:54 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 5teve
I presume you have verified the status of your degree via the Engineering Council website - http://www.engc.org.uk

Jeremy
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

K S Adityan is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by georgebittar
Hi Steve,

You have to be aware that there are some things on the IEAust booklet that changed from october 4 on, and this CDR was made before october 4.

It may help you, but remember, CDR MUST be your own work. It takes time to get prepared. I spent some months doing mine.

Hope it helps.

Regards,
Engineers Australia has revised its qualification assessment kit (CDR) and any CDR submitted for assessment after 31 Dec 2004 will have to be written to the new set of competency elements. The changes are quite comprehensive, so the samples that are posted here (obviously written to meet the old set of competency elements) would only give you an idea about the format.
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 5:38 pm
Forum Regular

5teve is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by K S Adityan
Engineers Australia has revised its qualification assessment kit (CDR) and any CDR submitted for assessment after 31 Dec 2004 will have to be written to the new set of competency elements. The changes are quite comprehensive, so the samples that are posted here (obviously written to meet the old set of competency elements) would only give you an idea about the format.
i only wanted the other CDR to see what kind of content and format they were in. i do know about the changes so at least i am aware of that!

Originally Posted by JAJ
I presume you have verified the status of your degree via the Engineering Council website - http://www.engc.org.uk

Jeremy.
i have practically prostituted myself to the uk engineering council! i require a hnc/d for the sydney accord and a bsc hons or Beng hons for the washington accord! between a rock and a hard place i think!

Originally Posted by georgebittar
Hi Steve,

Hope it helps.

Regards,.
Thanks for those george i shall print them off and have a good look.

im feeling a little more relaxed about this now having had a good read of the 'new' guidelines. its a bit unnerving when you go through the competencies and think that you have to demonstrate every single indicator listed.... you wouldnt beleive how releived i was when i read that you have to acheive the competencies not every single indicator!

also do you have to state what level you are trying to acheive or will they categorise you? (ie proffesional technical associate etc)

thanks again for your help

Steve