Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

Identity Declaration form - Previous Address dates

Identity Declaration form - Previous Address dates

Old Jan 4th 2014, 8:23 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice
Default Identity Declaration form - Previous Address dates

Hi there.

I'm applying for my citizenship. I'm filling out the Identity Declaration form.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1195.pdf

All details are fine. It's just that I don't exactly remember the full dates of my previous permanent addresses.

It's been over 5 years and I vaguely remember the month and day I left and moved to a new address.

Can I just write the Year in the form where it asks about the period I spent in my previous permanent addresses ?

Please reply.

Thank you
Old Jan 4th 2014, 8:44 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Identity Declaration form - Previous Address dates

Originally Posted by live2learn
Hi there.

I'm applying for my citizenship. I'm filling out the Identity Declaration form.

http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/1195.pdf

All details are fine. It's just that I don't exactly remember the full dates of my previous permanent addresses.

It's been over 5 years and I vaguely remember the month and day I left and moved to a new address.

Can I just write the Year in the form where it asks about the period I spent in my previous permanent addresses ?

Please reply.

Thank you
It's only 5 years

Put as much info as you remember and I would have thought the minimum was month and year.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 5:08 am
BE Enthusiast

live2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nicelive2learn is just really nice

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
It's only 5 years

Put as much info as you remember and I would have thought the minimum was month and year.
Yes I believe they've updated their Identity Declaration form a little bit.

There is a question in the form to enter all the previous permanent addresses over the period of 5 years, including the 'To' and 'From' date using date format 'dd mm yy' I don't precisely remember the days.

I only remember the month and year. Is it ok if I just write 'December 2009' instead of '07 December 2009'?

Will it be a big issue or deal

Please reply.

Thank you.
Old Jan 5th 2014, 6:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Bikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond reputeBikergirl has a reputation beyond repute

We put a rough date that we moved when we had to complete the last 10 years of addresses wanting specific dates recently. I can recollect whether it was start, middle or end of each month but considering I have had over a dozen addresses in the last 10 years the actual dates were tougher. By putting around 5/15/25 of the month i moved it wasn't going to be too far out on actual move dates - think it would be accepted that specific moving dates aren't always recalled.