I reckon DIMIA have tried to buy some time

Old Oct 25th 2004, 2:25 pm
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road
Angry I reckon DIMIA have tried to buy some time

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With their statement that all new MODL cases would be assessed before the end of October.

They are now also claiming that non MODL cases are moving aswell? Why are we not seeing more people with "got it" posts then? or even MED requests?

I think the pressure they were under meant they had to come out with some sort of statement, and with only 4 business days left in October it certainly looks to me like they have not met their promises.

I am also well aware that not every one doing this process post's on the forum but i feel that there are enough folk that we should see some sort of pattern emerging? i for one certainly cant.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:23 pm
A mind forever voyaging

Galilite is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I reckon DIMIA have tried to buy some time

Toadfish,

There is movement. Look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261433

and there were others, but I don't remember where. It looks like they are fulfilling their commitments so far. I believe they're approximately at December 20 today.

Not to mention, that there's only a few non-MODL December applicants (5?) who didn't do those checks and send them unrequested.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:30 pm
Potton to the Gold Coast

Rob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to beholdRob Morton-Jone is a splendid one to behold
Smile Re: I reckon DIMIA have tried to buy some time

Processing times are now a little quicker and post MODL should now be around 3-4 months
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:31 pm
KRSC Member

TOADFISH is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Galilite
Toadfish,

There is movement. Look here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=261433

and there were others, but I don't remember where. It looks like they are fulfilling their commitments so far. I believe they're approximately at December 20 today.

Not to mention, that there's only a few non-MODL December applicants (5?) who didn't do those checks and send them unrequested.
Thanx for the reply, but if i remember correctly the Director said all pre July MODL would be assessed by end OCT, i fall into that bracket, they have my Meds & PC's yet i still dont even have a case officer?? if it is moving it is moving very very slowly.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:40 pm
Forum Regular

johnnet is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by TOADFISH
Thanx for the reply, but if i remember correctly the Director said all pre July MODL would be assessed by end OCT, i fall into that bracket, they have my Meds & PC's yet i still dont even have a case officer?? if it is moving it is moving very very slowly.

Yes, but you have clearly stated that you are pre July but new MODL............my understanding was that DIMIA said that they would assess all pre July old MODL by the end of October! Not sure about new MODL, I think that might be end of November but would have to check?! Hope this helps and clarifies things?!

Regards Johnnet
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:53 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by johnnet
Yes, but you have clearly stated that you are pre July but new MODL............my understanding was that DIMIA said that they would assess all pre July old MODL by the end of October! Not sure about new MODL, I think that might be end of November but would have to check?! Hope this helps and clarifies things?!

Regards Johnnet

This is the bit taken from the letter from the director of ASPC.
================================================== ==

With regard to the pre July applications, there was an interruption in
new assessments in July due to a number of factors but processing has
returned to normal. With regard to the UK and Europe skilled migration
caseload specifically, I am able to provide the following status
information on the pre July applications:

- All Skilled-Designated Area Sponsored (subclass 139) applications and
those on the Migration Occupations in Demand list (MODL) in effect before
8 September will have been assessed by the end of September;

- All applications with occupations that were added to the MODL on 8
September will be assessed by the end of October.
================================================== ====

Hope this helps to clarify things!!!
Donna.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:54 pm
A mind forever voyaging

Galilite is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by TOADFISH
You're welcome.

Yes, you remember correctly:
Originally Posted by Director of ASPC
All applications with occupations that were added to the MODL on 8 September will be assessed by the end of October.
I believe they can be a few days late, therefore he mentioned:
Anyone in the above two groups who has not received a letter by the
middle of November should alert the ASPC Region 3 mailbox - the address
is [email protected]
That is, it's not October 31 sharp.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 3:59 pm

madsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond reputemadsad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Galilite
You're welcome.

Yes, you remember correctly:

I believe they can be a few days late, therefore he mentioned:

That is, it's not October 31 sharp.

So do you reckon they are going to work miracles within the next 21/2 weeks?,not trying to be sarcastic,just extremely fed up with it all!!

Donna.

Last edited by madsad; Oct 25th 2004 at 4:43 pm.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 6:55 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by madsad
So do you reckon they are going to work miracles within the next 21/2 weeks?,not trying to be sarcastic,just extremely fed up with it all!!

Donna.
Donna

I know its frustrating. I am with you all through the question is what can we do about it. Even though they said they will be processing by end of october they also mentioned if not let us know so that they can take action. This itself gives room that they are expecting delays.

As such may be they are looking at your and other people files Chin up its gonna come true I am certain but only needs little bit patience

Badri
Old Oct 25th 2004, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by badri
Donna

I know its frustrating. I am with you all through the question is what can we do about it. Even though they said they will be processing by end of october they also mentioned if not let us know so that they can take action. This itself gives room that they are expecting delays.

As such may be they are looking at your and other people files Chin up its gonna come true I am certain but only needs little bit patience

Badri
Thanks Badri x
It just feels as if our lifes have came to a standstill at the moment,cant push forward with any planning at all,not just the visa,still not signed off on the house yet either,wary to even start packing the house up(out in four weeks time if everything goes to plan
The prospect of being homeless at xmas is becoming a scarey reality with the visa situation but thats the situation we,ve put ourselves in,nobody else to blame.
Donna.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:25 pm
Forum Regular

Theresa, Ian & Tim is on a distinguished road

Donna

Hi. You said the other day that you were being tagged. have you heard anything yet?

Theresa
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:30 pm
Wannabee Queenslander

badri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant futurebadri has a brilliant future

Thanks Badri x
It just feels as if our lifes have came to a standstill at the moment,cant push forward with any planning at all,not just the visa,still not signed off on the house yet either,wary to even start packing the house up(out in four weeks time if everything goes to plan
The prospect of being homeless at xmas is becoming a scarey reality with the visa situation but thats the situation we,ve put ourselves in,nobody else to blame.
Donna.
Yes Donna

Its scary without your own place for christmas. Hey who said you need a place for christmas what you need is a warm heart and loving people next to you.
you can also take a break for christmas and visit some sunny place for a change.
I just wanna let you know its difficult when you can't plan anything on the otherhand if everything can be planned then life is boring isn't it?

Como'n mate I know you went through things tougher than this. You came out of that then this is peanuts

Cheers
Badri
Old Oct 25th 2004, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by Theresa, Ian & Tim
Donna

Hi. You said the other day that you were being tagged. have you heard anything yet?

Theresa

Hi Theresa,
No, not heard anything yet
Donna.
Old Oct 25th 2004, 10:17 pm
Free at last!

Houdini is on a distinguished road

This is the bit taken from the letter from the director of ASPC.
================================================== ==

With regard to the pre July applications, there was an interruption in
new assessments in July due to a number of factors but processing has
returned to normal. With regard to the UK and Europe skilled migration
caseload specifically, I am able to provide the following status
information on the pre July applications:

- All Skilled-Designated Area Sponsored (subclass 139) applications and
those on the Migration Occupations in Demand list (MODL) in effect before
8 September will have been assessed by the end of September;

- All applications with occupations that were added to the MODL on 8
September will be assessed by the end of October.
================================================== ====

Hope this helps to clarify things!!!
Donna.
Well someone's stuffed our application up then. We're pre-July old MODL and since receiving our pre-grant letter 5 weeks ago, still haven't got the yellow envelope. We were quoted 4 - 6 months; it's been 7 now.
Old Oct 26th 2004, 3:21 am
Just Joined

Josemike is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Friends,
Reading all your posts reminds me of a story told to me as a kid which goes something like this: When a child of a poor farmer compalined that he was not given a new pair of shoes for Christmas while all his friends got a new pair,the farmer consoled his child by pointing out at some one who had no legs and said thank God at least he gave you legs.....

I am a Pre Pre July applicant - July 2003. Submitted Medicals/PCC/IELTS in April 2004 and waiting since then. None of my emails to my CO have been answered till today. I have a STNI nomination too.

I also know a couple of applicants who lodged their papers in November 2002 and waiting still for their yellow cover.

yes, Donna is absolutely right, we got into this situation ourselves. It was our choice....

Jose

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.