Wikiposts

I need help!!!

Old Sep 1st 2004, 10:47 pm
Just Joined

moromete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need help!!!

I intend to enroll in an Advanced Diploma course, but before I do that I must find the answers to the following three questions:

1. Can I claim those 5 points for Australian qualification considering an Advanced Diploma, even if I have already graduated from a university?

In Booklet 6 (form 1119 – General Skilled Migration Booklet), at page 20 – Specific requirements for eligible overseas students in Australia, the 4th line (-) from the 3rd bullet (●) it is written:
“any qualification awarded during this 2 year period is relevant to the nominated occupation�
Also the first paragraph from page 22 states the same thing.

So my question: is it possible that DIMIA may interpret this Advanced Diploma as NOT relevant to the nominated occupation, since it may be considered inferior (because I already hold a university degree from my home country, other than Australia).
I must mention as well, that I will probably take some other courses post-graduate distance-learning non-degree courses from an Australian university in order to fill the gaps from my CPA assessment.

2. If I intend to study an Advanced Diploma in Human Resources course, although my nominated occupation will be of accountant, will this be considered relevant to my nominated occupation?

3. The professional experience obtained in Australia as a overseas-student part-time work permit, can I use it to claim the points for Specific work experience?

Thank you to all of you who keep this forum alive.
Old Sep 2nd 2004, 5:38 pm
Just Joined

moromete is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I need help!!!

still nothing???
Please Alan, George or Steve...
Maybe you can help me.
Old Sep 3rd 2004, 9:13 am

stevereed is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I need help!!!

I can send you the DIMIA info regarding 'relevancy' of course to nominated occupation.

You would not be able to nominate 'accountant' based on your completed 'advanced diploma' as that occupation needs a degree.

I assume that you have some sort of accountancy related degree already.

I am not sure if the nominated occupation can be from a previously obtained qualification, I'd check that with an agent if I was you.

The extra 5 points you talk about, are they as a result of studying and living in a regional area during your course?

Also check the CPA website for info on migration assessment. I think the various assessing bodies for accountants have similar criteria.

This is sensitive ground and I would really seek professional advice before embarking on a course. I have ensured that i have as many of the loopholes covered before I start, to give myself the best chance at the end.

Originally Posted by moromete
I intend to enroll in an Advanced Diploma course, but before I do that I must find the answers to the following three questions:

1. Can I claim those 5 points for Australian qualification considering an Advanced Diploma, even if I have already graduated from a university?

In Booklet 6 (form 1119 – General Skilled Migration Booklet), at page 20 – Specific requirements for eligible overseas students in Australia, the 4th line (-) from the 3rd bullet (●) it is written:
“any qualification awarded during this 2 year period is relevant to the nominated occupation�
Also the first paragraph from page 22 states the same thing.

So my question: is it possible that DIMIA may interpret this Advanced Diploma as NOT relevant to the nominated occupation, since it may be considered inferior (because I already hold a university degree from my home country, other than Australia).
I must mention as well, that I will probably take some other courses post-graduate distance-learning non-degree courses from an Australian university in order to fill the gaps from my CPA assessment.

2. If I intend to study an Advanced Diploma in Human Resources course, although my nominated occupation will be of accountant, will this be considered relevant to my nominated occupation?

3. The professional experience obtained in Australia as a overseas-student part-time work permit, can I use it to claim the points for Specific work experience?

Thank you to all of you who keep this forum alive.