Wikiposts

I need to have my file sent to me

Old Jun 10th 2012, 12:49 pm
Just Joined

kramvi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I need to have my file sent to me

I am hiring an immigration lawyer that requires his review first on what records I hold with the immigration. So I am thinking that instead of him requesting for my file from the immigration, I do it on my own so he doesn't charge me for his services. Does anyone know the email address at which I could make this request? I tried finding it on the website but couldn't find it. I am a student in Australia.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 5:31 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I need to have my file sent to me

If you are going through an agent, all paperwork and contact with DIAC has to go through them. You cannot pick and choose what information they get and what information you get.

If you haven't yet appointed an agent and you don't want to pay them for their services then do. If you have already appointed one and they have been dealing with your application you can cancel their involvement and you would then complete this form http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/956a.pdf, send it back to DIAC and they will then deal directly with you. You would also of course have to inform your agent you no longer want them working for you.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 5:37 pm
Just Joined

Thanks moneypenny for your reply. I haven't appointed an agent yet. So according to your information I can request them for my file. Do you know which email address I should send my enquiry to and do you have the form for it? Thanks so much again.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 6:45 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kramvi
Thanks moneypenny for your reply. I haven't appointed an agent yet. So according to your information I can request them for my file. Do you know which email address I should send my enquiry to and do you have the form for it? Thanks so much again.
No idea, sorry. Someone will though so be patient.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:30 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like what you are after is a Freedom of Information enquiry.

Try here - http://www.immi.gov.au/about/foi/
Old Jun 10th 2012, 7:34 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

I am hiring an immigration lawyer that requires his review first on what records I hold with the immigration. So I am thinking that instead of him requesting for my file from the immigration, I do it on my own so he doesn't charge me for his services. Does anyone know the email address at which I could make this request? I tried finding it on the website but couldn't find it. I am a student in Australia.
Why do you need your file? Don't you remember the information you've provided without re-reading it?

If your MARA registered agent wants a copy of your DIAC file I think I would be looking for another agent. If you've been 100% honest on your previous applications then you should be able to answer your agent's questions without paying for FOI applications, etc. And by the way, you don't need an immigration lawyer, if you want to apply for a visa and don't want to do it on your own you hire a MARA registered migration agent.
Old Jun 10th 2012, 8:44 pm
Just Joined

Pollyana thanks for your reply. It seems that this might be the form I am looking for.

Dorothy what is a MARA registered migration agent and is it any better than a migration lawyer?