Wikiposts

I have just bought $100k!

Old Nov 2nd 2004, 7:43 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default I have just bought $100k!

Hi,

To those of you that have been following my story, I still havent got Form 1134 which has vanished. And I dont know if I am getting sent another one anytime soon, so the next angle of attack is to see whether or not I can use a signed, stamped scanned copy of the form. QLD and NT have said that they will process it if my CO lets me. Hopefully WA will as well. My agent is gonna find out whats going on.

Anyway, I'm a relieved man today. I bought my $100k at a rate of 2.44 (using HIFX). Its such a relief to do it, especially as we dont know how the US election will hit the AUD (speculation suggests a close election will weaken the USD, thus strengthening others) There was a peak today and I managed to hit it I think. So now it will sit with HIFX until I know where to invest it. Only hindsight will know if I got it right but what the hell..its done!!

See ya

SS
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 8:34 am
Forum Regular

beach bound is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: I have just bought $100k!

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls
Hi,

To those of you that have been following my story, I still havent got Form 1134 which has vanished. And I dont know if I am getting sent another one anytime soon, so the next angle of attack is to see whether or not I can use a signed, stamped scanned copy of the form. QLD and NT have said that they will process it if my CO lets me. Hopefully WA will as well. My agent is gonna find out whats going on.

Anyway, I'm a relieved man today. I bought my $100k at a rate of 2.44 (using HIFX). Its such a relief to do it, especially as we dont know how the US election will hit the AUD (speculation suggests a close election will weaken the USD, thus strengthening others) There was a peak today and I managed to hit it I think. So now it will sit with HIFX until I know where to invest it. Only hindsight will know if I got it right but what the hell..its done!!

See ya

SS
Hi SS

At least it's another stage completed! Hope the form sorts itself out soon. You got a better rate than us - only by .02 but it makes a significant £340 difference!!

In our case we now know that our DHL parcel containing the form arrived this morning at NT and the HIFX tracking shows the money has been paid into NT's account so my next step is to send the CO an email updating her and then continue crossing my fingers for the visa!!

I was wondering what the US election would do to the rates too but we'll see soon enough. As an aside - for a bit of light relief - try entering wmd on google's search box and then select "I'm feeling lucky"

BB
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 6:06 pm
kg
Forum Regular

kg is on a distinguished road

Nice one SS - you must surely be near to your GOT IT post now...
Old Nov 2nd 2004, 6:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Hi there,

It looks like the dollar took a bit of a hit overnight cos of the elcetion (uncertainty) so I am glad to have made the purchase yesterday. My CO also sent a new form out yesterday, to my agent, so hopefully I'll get it next week. By which time my cheque for HIFX would have cleared, and I'll be able to invest.

Still a bit further to go, and it aint over till the fat lady, or George double ya or Woody from Toy Story sing.

Cheers

SS

PS. Nice site! wmd etc