Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I have been offered Sponsership [RSMS] Visa

I have been offered Sponsership [RSMS] Visa

Old Jan 23rd 2011, 10:46 am
Just Joined

chippy777 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile I have been offered Sponsership [RSMS] Visa

Hi all,
I have been offered a job as a Formwork Carpenter by a regional employer in NSW.
The employer is offering to sponser me on a Regional Sponsered Migration Scheme Visa Subclass 119/857,he has previously sponsered successful candidates to work for his construction company.
My trade is on the ANZSCO List [Code 331212]
My prospective Empoyer and myself are concerned that the application may be effected,may even be turned down because i have no formal Trade papers,i have over 20 years service in this trade with various employers in the UK.
My question is has anyone been in a similiar situation and if so have you any advice on this subject ,i would be most appreciative.
Chippy

Last edited by chippy777; Jan 23rd 2011 at 11:09 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

smvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nicesmvh is just really nice
Default Re: I have been offered Sponsership [RSMS] Visa

apply for an aqf cert for your trade it does cost a bit but would certainly help you on your way
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 5:21 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

You need to have qualifications equivalent Australia trade, diploma or higher qualification.

If you don't have this, then don't apply because you will most certainly get rejected.

Although there are some exemption in exceptional circumstances.. have a look here.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...exemptions.htm
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:05 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by gr8leo87
You need to have qualifications equivalent Australia trade, diploma or higher qualification.

If you don't have this, then don't apply because you will most certainly get rejected.

Although there are some exemption in exceptional circumstances.. have a look here.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skill...exemptions.htm
Hi gr8leo87,thankyou for your imput.
I have been in contact with a Migration Officer in the Australian Embassy in London, the Officer there indicated to me there are exceptions if a person has no trade papers,especially with the experience i have in my trade. I am just wondering what has been your experience?
From what i am being told,the Australian authorities are finding it difficult to recruit people to the regional areas of Australia

Regards Chippy
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

What has been your experience of this situation if you dont mind me asking.
I am receiving conflicting advise on this subject from various sources.

Regards Chippy
Old Jan 23rd 2011, 8:10 pm
Banned

gr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant futuregr8leo87 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by chippy777

Regards Chippy
I don't have any first hand experience with RSMS especially in this kind of situation. I merely searched this upon internet and furnished whatever information I thought could have been helpful for you.
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:04 am
"At Home"

ekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really niceekiec is just really nice

Originally Posted by chippy777

Regards Chippy
Hey chippy, have you tried looking into an application to 'Vetases', they deal with permanent skilled applications but will issue you with AQf cert iii qual which not only will be accepted but will allow you attain a license in Aus. There is a huge difference between aqf and cert ii quals for licensing. If you were in NSW and had to get a license you would need to pay an extra $2200 to have your experince recognised. This does not mean you need trade quals, it means you need evidence (invoices, refereces, job quotes, photographs of you working, etc). The system is based on RPL, recognition of prior learning. There is one company, possibly more that will do' RPL' while you are in UK, but it may cost you. http://www.tradesrecognition.com/construction/ , I assess RPL for the Master Builders Association in Sydney, I am not aware of them carrying out overseas assessing as the cost is prohitibitive.
If getting assessed by anyone make sure it is up to licensing standard http://www.fairtrading.nsw.gov.au/Tr...fications.html or else you will pay double when you get here.
Hope this helps. Eamon.