Wikiposts

I dont bloody believe it !!

Old Apr 3rd 2007, 6:47 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute
Default I dont bloody believe it !!

Just mailed certified copies of all the required documents to my agent.

On my UK police report, I have a conviction which dates back to 1985, for which I was fined 75.00 pounds.

It now seems that because I forgot about the conviction on my landing card when I visited last year on an ETA visa, and this might now cause a delay in my application.

This whole application is driving my round the bloody bend !!!

anybody else had the same problem ? I dont forsee it being a problem, but you never know.

OK, rant over.

time to get back to work.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 7:34 pm
Former Resident Visa

Jaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond reputeJaycee1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I dont bloody believe it !!

How annoying. I'm sure it's a temporary blip and the visa will be here before you know it.
Best of luck,
J x
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

jamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nicejamesflorraine is just really nice

chin up furkew you will be ok you will get there
jim/lorraine
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:32 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
Just mailed certified copies of all the required documents to my agent.

On my UK police report, I have a conviction which dates back to 1985, for which I was fined 75.00 pounds.
If it's a "spent" conviction you may be able to ask them to delete it from your police report.

However this doesn't affect your liability to report it to DIAC - you should just explain and hope that they will understand it is possible to "forget" about a small fine (as opposed to a prison sentence).
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 8:44 pm
Going for a ride

furkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond reputefurkew has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
If it's a "spent" conviction you may be able to ask them to delete it from your police report.

However this doesn't affect your liability to report it to DIAC - you should just explain and hope that they will understand it is possible to "forget" about a small fine (as opposed to a prison sentence).

When is it a spent conviction ?

I know you are correct about being laible, but a small fine from 22 years ago didnt spring to mind when I was filling in the form.

After all the hassle of getting the police checks sent here to Holland, getting them certified etc etc I dont really want to have to do it all over again.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:33 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by furkew
When is it a spent conviction ?
Fines are normally "spent" after 5 years. Half that if under 18 at time of conviction.
http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/rehabact.htm
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 9:53 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by JAJ
Fines are normally "spent" after 5 years. Half that if under 18 at time of conviction.
http://www.lawontheweb.co.uk/rehabact.htm

Thanks JAJ,

that helps.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

My oh had an old conviction and he also ticked "no record" on his immo card. It didnt seem to delay our visa which came through about 2 weeks after we sent police check. Hope this cheers you up
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:50 pm
Going for a ride

Originally Posted by jules29
My oh had an old conviction and he also ticked "no record" on his immo card. It didnt seem to delay our visa which came through about 2 weeks after we sent police check. Hope this cheers you up

Thanks Jules,

Did his old conviction show on the police checks that you sent off ?

I'm pretty ok about it, but i've had so many things go wrong and get delayed in the application process, i'm just getting a bit fed up with it all taking so long, and now something else crops up.
Old Apr 3rd 2007, 10:59 pm
BE Enthusiast

jules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud ofjules29 has much to be proud of

Hi, Yeah it did show up on police checks and we hadnt disclosed it as he was only 17 at the time. He got a 12 month conditional discharge. Sent it off to dimia with a couple of character references and an apologetic letter exp circumstances. I thought that this was the end and visa would be refused but 2 weeks later there was the email.

I know someone else on the forum has had problems as they had ticked the wrong box on the immo card but maybe it depends on what you did, the punishment and how long ago it was.

Hope its all ok for you