X01Z is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry i can't go through the IELTS exams

Hello everyone ,
i had the IELTS exam 3 times and the last time my score was as following:
listening: 6.5
speaking : 7
writing : 6
reading :5.5
i am really desperate..it does't matter how many times i have this exam the reading still get me .
i am a civil engineer with 3 years experience , age 27.

my question is : is there ANY way to immigrate to Australia without this IELTS ?

Thank you
Old Mar 13th 2015, 9:58 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: i can't go through the IELTS exams

Originally Posted by X01Z
Hello everyone ,
i am really desperate..it does't matter how many times i have this exam the reading still get me .

my question is : is there ANY way to immigrate to Australia without this IELTS ?

Thank you
There are alternative English tests instead of IELTS now available - check DIBP site
Old Mar 13th 2015, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Smile Re: i can't go through the IELTS exams

i really appreciate your answer ...i will check and let you know
Old Mar 13th 2015, 10:05 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

i really appreciate your answer ...i will check and let you know
Had to go searching for a link, as previous link didn't work - try here Which English language tests are accepted by the Department?
Old Mar 13th 2015, 10:25 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by old.sparkles
Had to go searching for a link, as previous link didn't work - try here Which English language tests are accepted by the Department?

thank you very much ....i checked all the exam and i will see what would be the best for me....but i assume your answer means that i can not go anywhere unless i succeed in of those tests right ?
Old Mar 13th 2015, 10:52 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello everyone ,

Thank you
The whole point of the English language exams is to ensure that all immigrants have a sufficient knowledge and understanding of English, if people can't pass them then, I'm afraid, there doesn't seem to be any alternative. You have to pass one of the tests, and they should ALL be of the same standard,
Old Mar 13th 2015, 9:58 pm
Forum Regular

Perpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond reputePerpetual Tourist has a reputation beyond repute

To increase your IELTS score you need to think about (if you haven't already) how you prepare for the exam, and what the examiners are looking for.
For example, it is good to be aware of the type of structuring that the examiners look for in the writing section of the test. These can be memorised (which is what I did).

I tend to recommend ielts-simon.com to posters who are struggling with the test. The site contains plenty of free resources, such as how to structure IELTS essays, examples of recent tests, general strategies, etc.
Old Mar 13th 2015, 10:38 pm
Forum Regular

DanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond reputeDanSolihull has a reputation beyond repute

There is an IELTS master class which is very useful. I did it and it was free (in Australia).
Old Mar 14th 2015, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Perpetual Tourist
To increase your IELTS score you need to think about (if you haven't already) how you prepare for the exam, and what the examiners are looking for.
For example, it is good to be aware of the type of structuring that the examiners look for in the writing section of the test. These can be memorised (which is what I did).

I tend to recommend ielts-simon.com to posters who are struggling with the test. The site contains plenty of free resources, such as how to structure IELTS essays, examples of recent tests, general strategies, etc.
i really appreciate your help...for sure i'll check this link out
Old Mar 14th 2015, 2:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DanSolihull
There is an IELTS master class which is very useful. I did it and it was free (in Australia).
once i get there i will think about it
thank you bro
Old Apr 9th 2015, 5:27 pm
Just Joined

OzzyDreamer86 is an unknown quantity at this point

Where are you from? If you are from the uk, usa, canada, new zealland etc you dont NEED to take one.... only if you need the points.
Old Apr 9th 2015, 7:31 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzzyDreamer86
Where are you from? If you are from the uk, usa, canada, new zealland etc you dont NEED to take one.... only if you need the points.
Some people need to take it as art of the skills assessment.
Old Apr 21st 2015, 8:04 pm
Forum Regular

nilv is an unknown quantity at this point

My shortfall has been the writing piece & got 7.5 three times (in the space of 5 years for different purposes) and scored 8 or 9 in the other components.
Now i am considering the PTE test as I cannot imagine how my performance for the writing piece can be the same score 3 times in a row while i score equally higher scores in the other components!
Old Apr 21st 2015, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

MarkHoath is on a distinguished road

You should do the OET.

Firstly if its for GSM then a score of B, is both Competent English and Proficient English, so you get 10 Points.

Secondly if you fail one component such as Reading, you only need to re sit that test, not all 4 tests (over 3 hours) like in IELTS.

There are practice exams on the IELTS website (IELTS - International English Language Testing System| Home)
Old Apr 27th 2015, 7:52 am
Just Joined

supercow is an unknown quantity at this point

You should give PTE a go, see my experiences here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immig...iences-856952/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.