Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I BELIEVE WERE NOT MEANT TO GO !!! HELP NEEDED

I BELIEVE WERE NOT MEANT TO GO !!! HELP NEEDED

Old May 8th 2010, 8:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

rackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud ofrackcatt has much to be proud of
Thumbs down I BELIEVE WERE NOT MEANT TO GO !!! HELP NEEDED

I need to moan, we applied on 7th feb to sign up for migration agent in edinburgh for our visa application to Australia, on 9th feb the MODL was aboloished, which we were on !! so we continued with process ,lodged TRA on 14th March, didn't come back till tuesday this week, well overdue...
Filled out questionaire from migration agent wednesday, (everything else done), just some information on where we want to stay , why there etc, to be completed and were done..
Emailed it off thursday night, friday email returns , sorry today 8th May , GSM suspended....one day late for us !!!!
I wonder if somebody is telling us something ?

Last edited by rackcatt; May 8th 2010 at 8:10 pm.
Old May 8th 2010, 8:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice
Default Re: I BELIEVE WERE NOT MEANT TO GO !!! HELP NEEDED

Originally Posted by rackcatt
I need to moan, we applied on 7th feb to sign up for migration agent in edinburgh for our visa application to Australia, on 9th feb the MODL was aboloished, which we were on !! so we continued with process ,lodged TRA on 14th March, didn't come back till tuesday this week, well overdue...
Filled out questionaire from migration agent wednesday, (everything else done), just some information on where we want to stay , why there etc, to be completed and were done..
Emailed it off thursday night, friday email returns , sorry today 8th May , GSM suspended....one day late for us !!!!
Nothing but wait and wait and do not rely om Australian migration
Old May 8th 2010, 8:37 pm
Forum Regular

Ozzieland is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything seems a coincidence. I would wait till the new SOL / SMP and see if that is the feeling I am still getting and then decide wha to do.
Old May 11th 2010, 11:18 pm
Banned

Bossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really nice
Angry Re: I BELIEVE WERE NOT MEANT TO GO !!! HELP NEEDED

Give up now mate we applied in 2007 and it looks likes the incompetant B*****ds are are going to refund our fee.you will never beat them ,maybe one day everyone will turn round and say F**k the lot of em.
Old May 12th 2010, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

bornfree is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1
Give up now mate we applied in 2007 and it looks likes the incompetant B*****ds are are going to refund our fee.you will never beat them ,maybe one day everyone will turn round and say F**k the lot of em.
Hows this for being unlucky. After 6months i finally got my CDR ready to send to EA (Engineers Australia) for assessment. The day i sent it off the turnaround time was 2weeks. The next day it changed to 4 weeks. After 2 weeks it changed to 6weeks and after another week it changed to 8 weeks (i think currently it's 12 weeks). Finally i got my positive assessment. Then i sent in my 176 (family sponsored) online coz it was supposed to be fast! It turned out that my family could not fill in the sponsorship forms online, so i had to get a paper based sponsorship forms. After a month the CSL comes up and though i'm working as an electronic engineer i applied to be assessed as an engineering technologist as that was my degree (stupid of me ). After the CSL i decided to go for ENS which had a turnaround time of 1 month so i finally found an employer to sponsor me and got my nomination approved in FEB 2010. Now am playing the waiting game and the turnaround time for ENS 126 (supposed to be the 1st in the priority list) is 5-7 months.........

All the while i was thinking that i was the unlucky one as it all happened when i started applying
Old May 12th 2010, 4:24 am
Living the dream!

kar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to allkar-kier is a name known to all

Originally Posted by bornfree
Hows this for being unlucky. After 6months i finally got my CDR ready to send to EA (Engineers Australia) for assessment. The day i sent it off the turnaround time was 2weeks. The next day it changed to 4 weeks. After 2 weeks it changed to 6weeks and after another week it changed to 8 weeks (i think currently it's 12 weeks). Finally i got my positive assessment. Then i sent in my 176 (family sponsored) online coz it was supposed to be fast! It turned out that my family could not fill in the sponsorship forms online, so i had to get a paper based sponsorship forms. After a month the CSL comes up and though i'm working as an electronic engineer i applied to be assessed as an engineering technologist as that was my degree (stupid of me ). After the CSL i decided to go for ENS which had a turnaround time of 1 month so i finally found an employer to sponsor me and got my nomination approved in FEB 2010. Now am playing the waiting game and the turnaround time for ENS 126 (supposed to be the 1st in the priority list) is 5-7 months.........

All the while i was thinking that i was the unlucky one as it all happened when i started applying
I'll second you on that one!

We put in our RSMS 2 weeks ago - our friends (same occupation, same sponsor) got theirs in 2 weeks - we have now been told there is a 5-7 month wait!! Typical, just typical!