Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I am a parent,dad has kids,can i leave country

I am a parent,dad has kids,can i leave country

Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:24 pm
Forum Regular

aqualiv will become famous soon enough
Default Re: I am a parent,dad has kids,can i leave country

After reading this and her previous post I feel a bit sick.
It has to be someone winding us up
Old Aug 19th 2009, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

aqualiv will become famous soon enough

Also read both posts and see if you can spot the difference? It sort of gives the game away
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:08 pm
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by aqualiv
After reading this and her previous post I feel a bit sick.
It has to be someone winding us up
What post do you mean?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:24 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

I suspect she means the one Jen has linked to on the previous page which talks about them being bf gf not husband and wife. So unless they have married in the last couple of weeks one or other post is not entirely accurate.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 5:32 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Whether they are married at this point or not, the OP is clearly asking wheether she is able to move to Australia with her partner whilst her children remain in the UK. Please don't judge her on what she is asking unless you know all of her circumstances.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:03 pm
LivingTheDreamAndLove

PeachyGirl will become famous soon enoughPeachyGirl will become famous soon enough
Default I am only asking

I was quite annoyed with some responses to my question,,but every one has there opinion
I would of replyed earlier but aint been on internet
well the Life story

It has been nearly 3year's since i lost them due to a liar a vindictive man who is a money grabber and alot lot more but i dont want to go into such details.
I have tried my damn hardest to get my children but i aint suceeded because always the bad guys win or whatever that phrase is
So just when i thought my life was falling apart and i was so lonely and i just wanted to meet the right guy i found him.
Going really well and we can see a future and i would love to go with him to austrailia he has a Pr Visa and i just want advice on the whole situation with my past relationship and i have lost the cutody case and he has fulltime rights so that's it,i cant do anything ive tried
And im happy for once again,and i am never and would never dream of saying goodbye for life,im always gonna be there mum..
And i have been thru so much heart ache i cant believe my heart still beats.

Im so happy with this guy and he has had partners in past in which he haS ASKED them to join him in aus,but theres no big deal in that,is there,god you have to kiss a few frogs to find your prince so they say,well ive found him and i would love to go to live in aus with him and we aint married i just call him my hubby cause we are kinda like ,,and i dont know if i have to get permission to move to aus from my childrens dad,so i guess i kind of wasnt sure if i could move to aus because i have children but they do not live with me but they live with there dad
So i would like to say thanks for advice british expat members etc\
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:08 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute

I think they are supposed to have medicals - but check that.

Cooler
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:13 pm
LivingTheDreamAndLove

PeachyGirl will become famous soon enoughPeachyGirl will become famous soon enough
Default cooler

the father has kids,so what do i do,do they need medicals even thou they aint going to live in aus with me and my boyfriend??
I will be visiting them in uk so they aint gonna be forgotten ,god i could never forget my own sons
thanks cooler
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:31 pm
Capt Hilts

coolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond reputecoolerkingcooler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cooler

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
the father has kids,so what do i do,do they need medicals even thou they aint going to live in aus with me and my boyfriend??
I will be visiting them in uk so they aint gonna be forgotten ,god i could never forget my own sons
thanks cooler
I think it's because they could have a visa in the future.

There are threads on BE of a similar nature, have a try with the search function.

Cooler
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coolerkingcooler
I think it's because they could have a visa in the future.

There are threads on BE of a similar nature, have a try with the search function.

Cooler
Exactly. You may go on to obtain citizenship. Australia won't want to be refusing visas for children of Australian citizens, hence everyone is required to undergo and pass a medical now.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 9:39 pm
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wjuicypeach
You have your opinion.......I have mine..........some women will do anything for a man, if only she was that enthusiastic about her kids.
maybe my opinion is the same as yours. My point was she's only asking a visa question, people could have kept the nasty comments to themselves uuntil they knew a bit more?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:01 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
thanks cooler
There are ways around it f the father will not allow a medical; lots of threads on here about it that will tell you the way forward
Old Aug 20th 2009, 12:42 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by jmh
Just be warned, if you walk out on your kids now, you probably won't get them back. Fair or no, the courts will take a dim view of a mother who abandons her children to take off with her lover to the other side of the world. That's how they will see it, so be prepared for a backlash.
Originally Posted by Wjuicypeach
You have your opinion.......I have mine..........some women will do anything for a man, if only she was that enthusiastic about her kids.
Can't believe these and some of the other posts on this thread. Using words like 'abandons her children to take of with her lover' and 'some women will do anything for a man' is grossly unfair at best and just plain nasty at worst - particularly when OP is only asking a legal question in the immigration thread, she's not asked for anyone to comment on her choice or help her make her decision. Am quite surprised OP came back with such a calm response.

Of course everyone entitiled to an opinion - sometimes it might be nicer tho if folks kept it to themselves sometimes, rather than making unnecessary & nasty comments and getting all holier-than-thou. It's pretty pish that a person can't ask a simple question on the immigration forum without the self-appointed morality police giving them a bashing.

(Am quite sure if OP was a man the usual double standard would apply and folks would not be quite so quick to judge - more likely people would feel sorry for him because he obviously had some bitch of an ex-wife that wouldn't allow the poor innocent guy access to his kids blah blah).
Old Aug 20th 2009, 6:32 am
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PamE

(Am quite sure if OP was a man the usual double standard would apply and folks would not be quite so quick to judge - more likely people would feel sorry for him because he obviously had some bitch of an ex-wife that wouldn't allow the poor innocent guy access to his kids blah blah).
Not at all. Children are often devastated when their dads move abroad. A friend of mine whose children are in their 20's are upset about their dad moving to OZ with his new girlfriend. Imagine how a 7 year old would feel. Maybe people here should shut up, but she will get similar comments wherever she goes. I hope she has a thick skin.
Old Aug 20th 2009, 7:35 am
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by jmh
Not at all. Children are often devastated when their dads move abroad. A friend of mine whose children are in their 20's are upset about their dad moving to OZ with his new girlfriend. Imagine how a 7 year old would feel. Maybe people here should shut up, but she will get similar comments wherever she goes. I hope she has a thick skin.
I totallly agree with you.......as for our "nasty" comments.........hmmm enough said. We are entitled to our opinion. The courts usually ALWAYS favour mother over father for full time custody unless circumstances are extreme. Fair enough she fell in love, I know what that's like but can the OP not stay in the UK given the love of his lifes dilemma? Part of me feels sorry for her she sounds quite vulnerable and maybe a bit niave, especially as she is not the FIRST to be asked to go to Oz with him.
I do think she may have difficulty having the ex agree to medicals. She would be better seeking legal advice on this matter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.