Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

I am a parent,dad has kids,can i leave country

I am a parent,dad has kids,can i leave country

Old Aug 18th 2009, 3:09 pm
LivingTheDreamAndLove

PeachyGirl will become famous soon enoughPeachyGirl will become famous soon enough
Question I am a parent,dad has kids,can i leave country

Hello guys
well im in a bit of a dilema,im unsure if i can go to austraila for good with my hubby because i have two kids ages between 5 and 7 and i dont have fulltime custod of them there dad does ,i have agreed with the boys to stay with him fulltime,i am wondering if i can leave the uk and go with my hubby to austrailia to live`
I aint sure who or where to ask so i thought id see if you guys had some advice
Im sure there is dad's who have kids in uk aged under 16 ,and they can leave country #???????????
Old Aug 18th 2009, 8:03 pm
Forum Regular

carrieann8675 is a jewel in the roughcarrieann8675 is a jewel in the roughcarrieann8675 is a jewel in the roughcarrieann8675 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I am a parent,dad has kids,can i leave country

I am a parent with two kids the same age as yours and can't imagine why you would want to "leave them" in the country as you put it you talk about it like it's leaving a piece of furniture or something
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

lonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond reputelonndongeek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
Hello guys
well im in a bit of a dilema,im unsure if i can go to austraila for good with my hubby because i have two kids ages between 5 and 7 and i dont have fulltime custod of them there dad does ,i have agreed with the boys to stay with him fulltime,i am wondering if i can leave the uk and go with my hubby to austrailia to live`
Im sure there is dad's who have kids in uk aged under 16 ,and they can leave country #???????????
Legally there's probably nothing to prevent you from moving to Australia.

No doubt the hordes will be along shortly to provide their moral opinion.

Cheers

Steve
Old Aug 18th 2009, 9:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

quoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond reputequoll has a reputation beyond repute

Sure you can - the only problem you have is if you want to take the children with you and your ex says you cant in which case they cant go and by inference you couldnt go either.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:02 am
happy here :)

PamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to beholdPamE is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by carrieann8675
I am a parent with two kids the same age as yours and can't imagine why you would want to "leave them" in the country as you put it you talk about it like it's leaving a piece of furniture or something
Gads that is a bit harsh don't you think? You don't know anything at all about OP circumstances. Also men do this all the time and nobody bats an eyelid, if OP was a man would you be so quick to judge? Even if so, again you know nothing about the circumstances. IMO, is just not constructive to be judgemental like that.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:48 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PeachyGirl
Hello guys
See:
http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Medica...ating_Children

Is your husband Australian?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:21 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
He posts on here - has recently had his PR granted.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 4:39 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pollyana
He posts on here - has recently had his PR granted.

Is this a case where he married after visa grant? Or are spouse + children included on same visa?
Old Aug 19th 2009, 8:58 am
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by carrieann8675
Totally agree................against all my morals, beliefs and every law of nature regarding what a "mother" should be.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:11 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ
Is this a case where he married after visa grant? Or are spouse + children included on same visa?
From memory, he got PR alone, and his since met the lady and wants to sponsor her as his spouse.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 10:16 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

She explains her situation here:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...11#post7825411
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:42 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wjuicypeach
Totally agree................against all my morals, beliefs and every law of nature regarding what a "mother" should be.
But she wasn't asking for people's moral beliefs she was asking whether legally she was allowed to. This is the Immigration Forum, threads don't go off thread.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 11:49 am
live free or die

welshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond reputewelshviking has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PamE
Gads that is a bit harsh don't you think? You don't know anything at all about OP circumstances. Also men do this all the time and nobody bats an eyelid, if OP was a man would you be so quick to judge? Even if so, again you know nothing about the circumstances. IMO, is just not constructive to be judgemental like that.
Exactly bloody right!!

Originally Posted by Wjuicypeach
Bloody hell chill out, that's a bit over the mark.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 1:47 pm
Wjuicypeach

Wjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura aboutWjuicypeach has a spectacular aura about

Originally Posted by welshviking
Exactly bloody right!!

Bloody hell chill out, that's a bit over the mark.
You have your opinion.......I have mine..........some women will do anything for a man, if only she was that enthusiastic about her kids.
Old Aug 19th 2009, 2:33 pm
jmh
BE Forum Addict

jmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond reputejmh has a reputation beyond repute

Just be warned, if you walk out on your kids now, you probably won't get them back. Fair or no, the courts will take a dim view of a mother who abandons her children to take off with her lover to the other side of the world. That's how they will see it, so be prepared for a backlash.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.