Wikiposts

I am back...Sydney vs Perth??

Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:05 am
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice
Default I am back...Sydney vs Perth??

And I had a truely brilliant validation trip. I just cant believe it is over.

I spent 10 days in Perth and then a week in Sydney and loved both places. But it was great to experience them again (it was 5 years since I was last there) and see how different they are, rather than reading it from peoples opinions on here.

Myself and my partner have decided to give Sydney a go when we make the move permanently next year. I really thought we would go for Perth - it is defo cheaper, and a lot quieter, and the beaches are sensational - but as soon as we landed and went out in Sydney we immediately felt at home, and like we had never been away. We stayed in Fremantle in WA and Manly in Sydney and both places are affordable re: rental prices. We are completely priced out of the game as far as buying in Sydney is concerned but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Fremantle at this time of year was really quiet, whereas Manly was pretty busy. Having got this far, and validated our visas we both felt we owe it to ourselves to give Sydney a crack. And it's be easier to move to perth from Syndey than vice-versa if it doesnt work out. I'd heard horror stories about the Corso but it wasnt too bad when we were there - and we would be sure to rent some property away from it. Its just a great location so far as the commute to the CBD is concerned (30 min ferry ride) and the beach.

When is Perth we went to Margaret River and Rotto, saw dolphins and roos and enjoyed the wine tasting. We really liked the look of Subiaco - such a brilliant location. It really is a great place, the traffic during rush hour didnt seem to stop moving. But then I got the train and ferry during Syndey rush hour and it was easily bearable - especially when compared to London.

So there we have it.....Sydney it is. But Perth is bloody great still. Happy to answer any specific questions of course.

Cheers, SS
Old Jul 11th 2005, 7:09 am
off to Byron Bay....

loidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the roughloidy is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: I am back...Sydney vs Perth??

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls

I spent 10 days in Perth and then a week in Sydney and loved both places. But it was great to experience them again (it was 5 years since I was last there) and see how different they are, rather than reading it from peoples opinions on here.

Myself and my partner have decided to give Sydney a go when we make the move permanently next year. I really thought we would go for Perth - it is defo cheaper, and a lot quieter, and the beaches are sensational - but as soon as we landed and went out in Sydney we immediately felt at home, and like we had never been away. We stayed in Fremantle in WA and Manly in Sydney and both places are affordable re: rental prices. We are completely priced out of the game as far as buying in Sydney is concerned but we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

Fremantle at this time of year was really quiet, whereas Manly was pretty busy. Having got this far, and validated our visas we both felt we owe it to ourselves to give Sydney a crack. And it's be easier to move to perth from Syndey than vice-versa if it doesnt work out. I'd heard horror stories about the Corso but it wasnt too bad when we were there - and we would be sure to rent some property away from it. Its just a great location so far as the commute to the CBD is concerned (30 min ferry ride) and the beach.

When is Perth we went to Margaret River and Rotto, saw dolphins and roos and enjoyed the wine tasting. We really liked the look of Subiaco - such a brilliant location. It really is a great place, the traffic during rush hour didnt seem to stop moving. But then I got the train and ferry during Syndey rush hour and it was easily bearable - especially when compared to London.

So there we have it.....Sydney it is. But Perth is bloody great still. Happy to answer any specific questions of course.

Cheers, SS
LOL, sounds like you've been umming and ahhing about it for days! I'm sure you've made the right choice so good luck for when you get there permanently x loidy (i reckon out of the 2 i would have gone for sydney too).
Old Jul 11th 2005, 6:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

SuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really niceSuperSeagulls is just really nice

Yep - it was a tough decision but the gut reaction wa to go for Sydney. So we'll give it a go there and see what happens. If all else fails and we cant settle then we will give WA a go.

SS
Old Jul 11th 2005, 9:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

debilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant futuredebilloyd has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SuperSeagulls

Cheers, SS
When are you going? We plan to move to Sydney in Jan 06?
Old Jul 12th 2005, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hi there

The plan at the moment is to leave the UK in February, do some travelling, and arrive in Sydey to start our new lives in April next year........

SS