British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   I`VE JUST BEEN "CEASED" (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/i%60ve-just-been-ceased-674364/)

Bossfishy1 Jun 28th 2010 3:00 pm

Has capped and ceased bill been passed?

I have just been emailed by the Manager of Adelaide Program delivery branch who of late has been my only point of contact.That my July 07 (136 PR visa) has been" CEASED" and I will be refunded shortly.
How can they do this if the bill has not been passed by law?

Bossfishy1 Jun 28th 2010 3:18 pm

I`VE JUST BEEN "CEASED"

Next week will have been 3 years exactly since applying!
I have now been informed that my application has been "CEASED"
After all this time and expence,meds, xrays,pc`s,collating information etc,etc.
What ****s me off is I`m still on skills list (general Electrician) and been state sponsored.
I`M now 47 and too old to re apply not that i would bother after all this shit.
We cant even appeal if it really has been passed by law!
SO,SO UNJUST

qamar_qadian Jun 28th 2010 3:25 pm

Re: I`VE JUST BEEN "CEASED"

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1 (Post 8663026)
What ****s me off is I`m still on skills list (general Electrician) and been state sponsored.
SO,SO UNJUST

sorry to hear that, but this has nothing to do with cap and cease bill as DIAC had announced earlier around Feb 8 2010 that all the offshore applications lodged before september 2007 will be capped with the fees returned and applicants have to file new applications with new SOL if required.

So if you are completing 3 years next week, you fall under the category announced by DIAC on Feb 8.

My Sympathies are with you

qamar_qadian Jun 28th 2010 3:28 pm

Re: Has capped and ceased bill been passed?

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1 (Post 8662982)
I have just been emailed by the Manager of Adelaide Program delivery branch who of late has been my only point of contact.That my July 07 (136 PR visa) has been" CEASED" and I will be refunded shortly.

i replied to your other post, kindly check that. The application has been ceased because of Feb 8, 2010 changes announced by DIAC according to which all the offshore migrant visa applicants lodged before sep 2007 were ceased and money returned.

english reject Jun 28th 2010 4:58 pm

Can I ask wich state you are sponsored with and why it took nearly 3 yrs ???, Iam a 43111 general elec with WA SS and a 176 app in ( 04/01/10 ).

Regards ER

QLDlover Jun 28th 2010 7:46 pm

SO,SO UNJUST

Sorry to hear that I hope you get your right by appealing

Bossfishy1 Jun 28th 2010 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian (Post 8663045)
i replied to your other post, kindly check that. The application has been ceased because of Feb 8, 2010 changes announced by DIAC according to which all the offshore migrant visa applicants lodged before sep 2007 were ceased and money returned.

Thanks for that,but as far as I knew was that the capping and ceasing was a recommendation and the bill had to passed by the senate which I beleive had not taken place yet.Please correct me if i am wrong!

ex_exile Jun 28th 2010 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1 (Post 8663704)
Thanks for that,but as far as I knew was that the capping and ceasing was a recommendation and the bill had to passed by the senate which I beleive had not taken place yet.Please correct me if i am wrong!

The bill has not passed but if you had read the bill the pre 9/07 applicants were not mentioned in it anyway. I believe from conversations in other threads that the minister already had powers to cease the pre 9/07 applicants, so you may ask what exactly is the purpose of the cap and cease bill.

JoeBlogsOfOz Jun 28th 2010 11:25 pm

SO,SO UNJUST

I agree it is unjust !

Jen1977ni Jun 29th 2010 12:31 am

Personally I'd not let this go, especially as you're now over 45 and unable to reapply. If you do decide to pursue this though, I'd lose the 'aggressive tone' that you've had in some of your more recent posts. We all understand how irrate you are but you must try to sort this out in a level-headed way. I wish you all the luck in the world, I truly, sincerely do! Keep us posted on how it all goes, and please, don't give up! You deserve more...:thumbsup:

moneypenny20 Jun 29th 2010 4:26 am

It's not unjust. That would assume that you have a right to a visa and no one does. It's depressing, frustrating and possibly unfair but not unjust.

If you can appeal then do so but as Jen says, lose the attitude and get professional help. May not get you anywhere but there's no harm in trying.

moneypenny20 Jun 29th 2010 4:34 am

Threads merged. No need to have two threads going.

Just noticed that you're being refunded so even less reason to call it unjust imo.

JoeBlogsOfOz Jun 29th 2010 4:56 am

Soon this will be thread number 395678987 that will be closed by guess who?

Bossfishy1 Jun 29th 2010 5:58 am

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz (Post 8664488)
Soon this will be thread number 395678987 that will be closed by guess who?

I know! she got a grudge against me because I once suggested she was hormonal (Traffic warden springs to mind!).
I just wanted to air my views and let off some steam,seams to be a crime on this site if your not sweetness and light.
Anyway I dont think there`s any need to visit this site anymore!;)

virtualbajwa Jun 29th 2010 6:43 am

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1 (Post 8662982)

This has been really sad to hear that u got this mail from department. Please can u share the contents of the email. And who has signed the email. Yes it has been said that they have started Capping of Pre September 2007 applicants. This is the confirmation of this news guys....
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legi...5?OpenDocument