I`VE JUST BEEN "CEASED"

Old Jun 28th 2010, 3:00 pm
Banned

Bossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really nice
Angry Has capped and ceased bill been passed?

I have just been emailed by the Manager of Adelaide Program delivery branch who of late has been my only point of contact.That my July 07 (136 PR visa) has been" CEASED" and I will be refunded shortly.
How can they do this if the bill has not been passed by law?
Old Jun 28th 2010, 3:18 pm
Banned

Bossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really niceBossfishy1 is just really nice
Angry I`VE JUST BEEN "CEASED"

Next week will have been 3 years exactly since applying!
I have now been informed that my application has been "CEASED"
After all this time and expence,meds, xrays,pc`s,collating information etc,etc.
What ****s me off is I`m still on skills list (general Electrician) and been state sponsored.
I`M now 47 and too old to re apply not that i would bother after all this shit.
We cant even appeal if it really has been passed by law!
SO,SO UNJUST
Old Jun 28th 2010, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice
Default Re: I`VE JUST BEEN "CEASED"

Originally Posted by Bossfishy1
What ****s me off is I`m still on skills list (general Electrician) and been state sponsored.
SO,SO UNJUST
sorry to hear that, but this has nothing to do with cap and cease bill as DIAC had announced earlier around Feb 8 2010 that all the offshore applications lodged before september 2007 will be capped with the fees returned and applicants have to file new applications with new SOL if required.

So if you are completing 3 years next week, you fall under the category announced by DIAC on Feb 8.

My Sympathies are with you
Old Jun 28th 2010, 3:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

qamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really niceqamar_qadian is just really nice
Default Re: Has capped and ceased bill been passed?

I have just been emailed by the Manager of Adelaide Program delivery branch who of late has been my only point of contact.That my July 07 (136 PR visa) has been" CEASED" and I will be refunded shortly.
i replied to your other post, kindly check that. The application has been ceased because of Feb 8, 2010 changes announced by DIAC according to which all the offshore migrant visa applicants lodged before sep 2007 were ceased and money returned.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 4:58 pm
Forum Regular

english reject will become famous soon enough

Can I ask wich state you are sponsored with and why it took nearly 3 yrs ???, Iam a 43111 general elec with WA SS and a 176 app in ( 04/01/10 ).

Regards ER
Old Jun 28th 2010, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

QLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really niceQLDlover is just really nice

SO,SO UNJUST
Sorry to hear that I hope you get your right by appealing
Old Jun 28th 2010, 9:14 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by qamar_qadian
i replied to your other post, kindly check that. The application has been ceased because of Feb 8, 2010 changes announced by DIAC according to which all the offshore migrant visa applicants lodged before sep 2007 were ceased and money returned.
Thanks for that,but as far as I knew was that the capping and ceasing was a recommendation and the bill had to passed by the senate which I beleive had not taken place yet.Please correct me if i am wrong!
Old Jun 28th 2010, 10:42 pm
You call that a moustache

ex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond reputeex_exile has a reputation beyond repute
Lightbulb Re: Has capped and ceased bill been passed?

Thanks for that,but as far as I knew was that the capping and ceasing was a recommendation and the bill had to passed by the senate which I beleive had not taken place yet.Please correct me if i am wrong!
The bill has not passed but if you had read the bill the pre 9/07 applicants were not mentioned in it anyway. I believe from conversations in other threads that the minister already had powers to cease the pre 9/07 applicants, so you may ask what exactly is the purpose of the cap and cease bill.
Old Jun 28th 2010, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

SO,SO UNJUST
I agree it is unjust !
Old Jun 29th 2010, 12:31 am
'Made in Ulster' Member

Location: Brisbane, QLD. (Though an Ulster girl through and through!)
Jen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond reputeJen1977ni has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I'd not let this go, especially as you're now over 45 and unable to reapply. If you do decide to pursue this though, I'd lose the 'aggressive tone' that you've had in some of your more recent posts. We all understand how irrate you are but you must try to sort this out in a level-headed way. I wish you all the luck in the world, I truly, sincerely do! Keep us posted on how it all goes, and please, don't give up! You deserve more...
Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:26 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not unjust. That would assume that you have a right to a visa and no one does. It's depressing, frustrating and possibly unfair but not unjust.

If you can appeal then do so but as Jen says, lose the attitude and get professional help. May not get you anywhere but there's no harm in trying.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:34 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Threads merged. No need to have two threads going.

Just noticed that you're being refunded so even less reason to call it unjust imo.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

JoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really niceJoeBlogsOfOz is just really nice

Soon this will be thread number 395678987 that will be closed by guess who?

Last edited by JoeBlogsOfOz; Jun 29th 2010 at 5:00 am.
Old Jun 29th 2010, 5:58 am
Banned

Originally Posted by JoeBlogsOfOz
Soon this will be thread number 395678987 that will be closed by guess who?
I know! she got a grudge against me because I once suggested she was hormonal (Traffic warden springs to mind!).
I just wanted to air my views and let off some steam,seams to be a crime on this site if your not sweetness and light.
Anyway I dont think there`s any need to visit this site anymore!
Old Jun 29th 2010, 6:43 am
Just Joined

virtualbajwa is an unknown quantity at this point

This has been really sad to hear that u got this mail from department. Please can u share the contents of the email. And who has signed the email. Yes it has been said that they have started Capping of Pre September 2007 applicants. This is the confirmation of this news guys....
http://www.comlaw.gov.au/ComLaw/Legi...5?OpenDocument

Last edited by virtualbajwa; Jun 29th 2010 at 6:48 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.