British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   hurray!! i got the pre-grant letter today? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/hurray-i-got-pre-grant-letter-today-663762/)

double00 Apr 13th 2010 6:39 am

hurray!! i got the pre-grant letter today?

Hi Exapts!!!
i got my pre- grant today!!! Thank god for that!! I want to thank my BE members here!! i want to share my happiness with all the member in here!! I want to thank my Case Officer(team 03)!!
As always few question here, Do i need to send any more documents after pre-grant? what is the difference between grant and pre-grant? I am doing master's here in sydney, Should i finish this semester and go to NZ to change my visa into VE 175 or not? should i have to change it immediately?

thanks

infojami Apr 13th 2010 6:46 am

Re: hurray!! i got the pre-grant letter today?

Congratulation!!!!

Please share your timeline.

yasser Apr 13th 2010 6:47 am

Originally Posted by double00 (Post 8491975)
Hi Exapts!!!
i got my pre- grant today!!! Thank god for that!! I want to thank my BE members here!! i want to share my happiness with all the member in here!! I want to thank my Case Officer(team 03)!!
As always few question here, Do i need to send any more documents after pre-grant? what is the difference between grant and pre-grant? I am doing master's here in sydney, Should i finish this semester and go to NZ to change my visa into VE 175 or not? should i have to change it immediately?

thanks

Congrats and best of luck.
can you share your time line as well as the country name.
i am also with team 3 and waiting for their response

nimtiaz Apr 13th 2010 6:53 am

Congratulations double00.
It’s really good to see a January 2010 applicant approved.
Wish you all the best.

Bermudashorts Apr 13th 2010 7:05 am

Hi Exapts!!!

thanks

Congrats.

The pre-grant letter is what they give to people who are on-shore but have applied for an offshore visa. It is because they cannot grant the visa whislt you are in Australia.

Personally, I would go offshore as soon as I am able and not wait until the end of term, but it is up to you.

cash money Apr 13th 2010 7:40 am

Hi Exapts!!!

thanks

Congratulations do it as quick as you can...:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

khdmah Apr 13th 2010 8:49 am

Congratulations double00;

best of luck :thumbsup:

waitingforco Apr 13th 2010 12:05 pm

Congratulations :thumbsup:

Kalyan.k Apr 13th 2010 1:08 pm

Congratulations & Good Luck :thumbsup:

haman Apr 13th 2010 3:22 pm

Congratulations and best of luck

double00 Apr 14th 2010 1:26 am

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts (Post 8492023)
Congrats.

The pre-grant letter is what they give to people who are on-shore but have applied for an offshore visa. It is because they cannot grant the visa whislt you are in Australia.

Personally, I would go offshore as soon as I am able and not wait until the end of term, but it is up to you.

Thank you for the advice , I am planning to to go auckland . Do i need to apply at australian consulate in Auckland or I can come back after the grant and get the visa stricker in sydney immigration office.

thanks

qamar_qadian Apr 14th 2010 1:31 am

Originally Posted by double00 (Post 8494281)
Thank you for the advice , I am planning to to go auckland . Do i need to apply at australian consulate in Auckland or I can come back after the grant and get the visa stricker in sydney immigration office.

thanks

check you Private message,

elice_in_oz Apr 14th 2010 1:48 am

Originally Posted by double00 (Post 8494281)

thanks

You have to go to the Australian High Commission in Auckland with your pre-grant letter and your passport. They then apply the label in your passport - it took about 48 hours for us but they say it can take up to 5 days I think - and you re-enter Australia on the PR visa.

double00 Apr 14th 2010 2:17 am

Originally Posted by elice_in_oz (Post 8494316)
You have to go to the Australian High Commission in Auckland with your pre-grant letter and your passport. They then apply the label in your passport - it took about 48 hours for us but they say it can take up to 5 days I think - and you re-enter Australia on the PR visa.

Do we i have to pay visa charge or not?

qamar_qadian Apr 14th 2010 2:44 am

Originally Posted by double00 (Post 8494358)
Do we i have to pay visa charge or not?

not required, you just need to pay to get visitor visa for New zealand :)