HSE Advisor

Old Sep 4th 2016, 6:30 am
Forum Regular

danjon16 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default HSE Advisor

Hello,

I have formal qualifications and 6 years of expereince in Oil and Gas as a HSE Advisor, the last two years have been as an internal auditor for a large Oil Company, even with the recent downturn I have still been fortunate to have a job in the industry.

I have seen that HSE has been removed from the SOL list but still on the CSOL for state nomination.

What are my options for getting a permanent visa for Australia?

I have seen another profession on the occupation list as internal auditor which is what I am doing right now, but I have only just completed my formal qualifications for this.

Is it better to apply for the state nomination route for HSE or try to go with the internal auditor route.

Regards
Old Sep 4th 2016, 7:31 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: HSE Advisor

Originally Posted by danjon16
Hello,

I have formal qualifications and 6 years of expereince in Oil and Gas as a HSE Advisor, the last two years have been as an internal auditor for a large Oil Company, even with the recent downturn I have still been fortunate to have a job in the industry.

I have seen that HSE has been removed from the SOL list but still on the CSOL for state nomination.

I have seen another profession on the occupation list as internal auditor which is what I am doing right now, but I have only just completed my formal qualifications for this.

Is it better to apply for the state nomination route for HSE or try to go with the internal auditor route.

Regards
You have been asking about moving to Australia for 13 years. Why have you never taken the advice offered in that time? And why would be it any different this time? Volunteers offer help, you ignore it, you come back a couple of years later with similar questions.
Old Sep 4th 2016, 7:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Hello,

Regards
The "better" option is to go with the occupation that you can pass the skills assessment for. Both of these occupations require a degree in a highly relevant field - so first question do you have a degree and what subject?
Old Sep 4th 2016, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Hi,

Thank you for your reply

circumstances!

If you would like me to explain to you the deaths, cancers, and other blocks along the way then maybe we can pm as I would rather not share these in public.

Please do not assume that I have been sat at home not listening to volunteers helpful information for the past 13 years.

Regards
Old Sep 4th 2016, 8:09 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Bermuda,
I have a Bsc in sport science and management, so not related to HSE or Auditing.
I have all the relevant Courses for working in oil and gas plus NEBOSH HSE qulaification.
Although I have read that NEBOSH is not well recognised in Aus, as Certs in TAFE are the more required certifications.

Regards
Old Sep 4th 2016, 8:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Bermuda,
I have a Bsc in sport science and management, so not related to HSE or Auditing.
I have all the relevant Courses for working in oil and gas plus NEBOSH HSE qulaification.
Although I have read that NEBOSH is not well recognised in Aus, as Certs in TAFE are the more required certifications.

Regards
It doesn't matter, for now, whether your NEBOSH qualifications are well recognised or not. In order to get a visa you need to pass skills assessment and this requires a degree in a highly relevant field for both those occupations.

Reading Vetassess requirements there is no give in this whatsoever for internal auditor. For Occupational Health & Safety (I am assuming that is what you mean by HSE but correct me if that is wrong) there is some leeway but only if the degree relates to the employment area. So in your case, no it won't help.

In summary, I can not see any way you could secure a visa based on what you have said on this thread.
Old Sep 4th 2016, 8:42 am
Forum Regular

Thank you Bermuda for your explanations. I appreciate your help.

The next option I will now research is the possibility of trying to get a job offer from an Energy Company when the oil market has hopefully picked up in the coming years.

Many thanks!
Old Sep 4th 2016, 1:19 pm
Aussie Finn Mixture!

Location: Leschenault WA (after few locations around WA and Around Europe!)
teza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond reputeteza has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you Bermuda for your explanations. I appreciate your help.

The next option I will now research is the possibility of trying to get a job offer from an Energy Company when the oil market has hopefully picked up in the coming years.

Many thanks!
Job market is well and truly down and the only way to get a job sponsored is if your occupation is on the list and no one in Australia ccan be found to do the job!