HSBC messing me about

Old Aug 14th 2002, 4:30 pm
Forum Regular

laurash is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: HSBC messing me about

Rob - seach here for' Opening a bank account' I typed in HSBC account into the SEARCH box and the thread is there. In April there is a long one from me about our experiences. Good luck.
Old Aug 14th 2002, 5:52 pm
Rob

In <[email protected]> laurash wrote:
    > Rob- I have posted a really long bit about my experinece with the HSBc here
    > somewhere (do a search) - the local branch CAN sign the paperwork for you whether
    > they have known you personally or not - it's your banking not you.... If they
    > refuse then get them to ring the HSBC International department who will give them
    > the word and get bloody annoyed at them too. My bank was sooooo apologetcic after
    > ringing them.

HSBC.uk didn't know me, personally or as a customer.

HSBC.au told me in email that HSBC.uk didn't need to know me and specifically advised
me to go to HSBC.uk to get the paperwork completed.

HSBC.au are now insistent that the UK bank MUST know me (as a customer) for 12+
months. They've appologised for the earlier "misleading advice".

I got my own bank to sign the paperwork today.

Old Aug 14th 2002, 5:52 pm
Rob

> somewhere (do a search) - the local branch CAN sign the paperwork for you whether
    > refuse then get them to ring the HSBC International department who will give them
    > the word and get bloody annoyed at them too. My bank was sooooo apologetcic after
    > ringing them.

HSBC.au told me in email that HSBC.uk didn't need to know me and specifically advised

Old Aug 14th 2002, 5:53 pm
Rob

> ringing them.

Old Aug 14th 2002, 6:29 pm
Rob

Default multiple posts. Re: HSBC messing me about

Sorry for the multiple postings. My ISP went all flakey.

Old Aug 15th 2002, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

a1macc is an unknown quantity at this point

AH-HA Got my email from HSBC today confirming the opening of my account. All I need to do now is deposit the $2000.

The process was relatively painless. And the ID documents were signed by a hsbc bank branch who hasn't known me for a year and I'm not a hsbc customer in the UK, in fact they didnt even fill in that answer on the form!

Originally posted by Rob:
    > ringing them.

Old Aug 15th 2002, 8:46 am
Forum Regular

kitkatz is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by a1macc:
AH-HA Got my email from HSBC today confirming the opening of my account. All I need to do now is deposit the $2000.

The process was relatively painless. And the ID documents were signed by a hsbc bank branch who hasn't known me for a year and I'm not a hsbc customer in the UK, in fact they didnt even fill in that answer on the form!
a1macc - did you apply online? How long has it taken since you submitted your ID doc's? Did you send them back to Oz or HSBC International here in London?

Thxs
Old Aug 15th 2002, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

a1macc is an unknown quantity at this point

KitKatz

It has taken longer for us as we were opening a joint account and my partner sent the documents back incomplete, so we had to do it again - but that was our fault.

HSBC however seemed to turn things around within a day or two of receiving our documents/emails.

Our application was completed online and we sent the ID documents etc directly to Sydney. I've also emailed their Online Savings Account Team and used there telephone helpdesk. All in All I've found the service good. If we hadnt cocked up the documents then I guess the account could have been open in just over a week, which taking into account 4 days postal time doesn't seem too bad.

At least I now have somewhere to send my dollars which I have forward bought!! - Just in time!!

Originally posted by kitkatz:

a1macc - did you apply online? How long has it taken since you submitted your ID doc's? Did you send them back to Oz or HSBC International here in London?

Thxs