Wikiposts

How strict are medicals?

Old Jan 29th 2008, 11:08 pm
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all
Default Re: How strict are medicals?

Hi folks, went for my meds this morning. Dr wants to send me for a cardiologist report as my bp was " borderline high ". He said that in normal circumstances he would not recommend any treatment, other than a healthier lifestyle, but because it is above the recommendations on the medical form ( i am 40yrs old) he has to supply a report.
Has anyone gone through the same situation and had problems with their visa ?

Brendan
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:50 pm
Im here to help :)

Location: Flying to the Gold Coast 3rd July to live the dream - woo hoo!!!!!!!!
jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know , me meds were sent off on Wednesday and they were done last Tuesday. All my bloods came back fine, so thank you Grayling for my good luck karma - mwah!! Just fingers crossed now immi dont find a reason to reject me
Old Jan 31st 2008, 9:51 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jutang
Hi Guys,

Just to let you all know , me meds were sent off on Wednesday and they were done last Tuesday. All my bloods came back fine, so thank you Grayling for my good luck karma - mwah!! Just fingers crossed now immi dont find a reason to reject me

Good luck

G
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:03 pm

jutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to alljutang is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Grayling

Good luck

G

Thanks, the doc said she cant forsee any probs -so thats a good sign. Although I had to admit to smoking cannabis once as I got a verbal warning from the police @ a music festival when I was 18 for smoking dope (dont touch the stuff, thats the ironic thing) just with wrong peeps @ wrong time, havent got a police record, but thought best to admit it in my character checks, so had to admit it onmy health then - fingers crossed!!
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:05 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks, the doc said she cant forsee any probs -so thats a good sign. Although I had to admit to smoking cannabis once as I got a verbal warning from the police @ a music festival when I was 18 for smoking dope (dont touch the stuff, thats the ironic thing) just with wrong peeps @ wrong time, havent got a police record, but thought best to admit it in my character checks, so had to admit it onmy health then - fingers crossed!!

It should be fairly straightforward now then.

Sent some more K just in case.

G
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:08 pm

G
It wont let me send you any karma, its saying I have to spread some reputation around ?? Thanks kind sir!! Fingers crossed its fairly straightforward and my 18 yr old dope thing doesnt go agaisnt me, one of the immi agents on here said they wont even look @ it as its a minor one off. Its just a waiting game now.
Old Jan 31st 2008, 10:19 pm
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by brendan d
Hi folks, went for my meds this morning. Dr wants to send me for a cardiologist report as my bp was " borderline high ". He said that in normal circumstances he would not recommend any treatment, other than a healthier lifestyle, but because it is above the recommendations on the medical form ( i am 40yrs old) he has to supply a report.
Has anyone gone through the same situation and had problems with their visa ?

Brendan
Hi Brendan
There have been lots of people on here who have been referred to a cardiologist and they have gone on to receive their visa. I was worried about my oh's blood pressure before our medicals and someone reassured me that once it is being treated, blood pressure alone would not stop you from getting your visa. We were also advised not to drink alcohol, tea or coffee and avoid rubbish food oh and to exercise. It will all be worth it I'm sure. When is your appointment?
Old Jan 31st 2008, 11:52 pm

G
Hey Grayling,

Just got an email from CO , got my prospective marriage visa, took 3 days to process!! Yah!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:13 am
Bitter and twisted

Hey Grayling,

Just got an email from CO , got my prospective marriage visa, took 3 days to process!! Yah!

Splendid

Very pleased for you.

Nothing to wory about really was there?

Best wishes

G
Old Feb 1st 2008, 12:17 am

Splendid

Very pleased for you.

Nothing to wory about really was there?

Best wishes

G
Thanks!!
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:22 am
Brendan,cath&family,Derry

brendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to allbrendan d is a name known to all

Ittakesages, i'm starting to think i should have that name !!

Appointment is for tues 12th. I assumed that it would only be an ecg test, but i have just spoke to the cardiologist secretary as regards fees and she told me that we are in for a full health screen ( £475).
By the way my oh is also booked in after her medical today.

Tried to get the gp to see what exactly he wants to check, but to no avail ( typical friday). I dont really fancy havin to pay for a full screen twice :curse:

Brendan
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:46 am
Finally in Melbourne!

ittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really niceittakesages is just really nice

Originally Posted by brendan d
Ittakesages, i'm starting to think i should have that name !!

Appointment is for tues 12th. I assumed that it would only be an ecg test, but i have just spoke to the cardiologist secretary as regards fees and she told me that we are in for a full health screen ( £475).
By the way my oh is also booked in after her medical today.

Tried to get the gp to see what exactly he wants to check, but to no avail ( typical friday). I dont really fancy havin to pay for a full screen twice :curse:

Brendan
Oh my goodness that sounds a bit ouch. Mind you, not sure about you two but me and the other half have almost become unaware of how much we are spending on this visa - few hundred here, few thousand there Never mind, at least we can save on heating and tumble dryer bills when we get there
Good luck for the 12th fingers crossed
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:54 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice

Just realized we have our medicals on Tuesday and both me and hubby are having a flu :/ Only sore throat, no fever, but then again I never get fever just running nose and sore throat.

Began to wonder what do they do there and how will my lungns look now? And will I have higher bloodpressure also? And, and...

Can't even talk my throat is so sore :/ Should we cancel it or have you been there inspite of flu? Tomorrow will show if this was the worst day or just the beginning of the worst days

:curse::curse: Who knows when he'll have time next if I won't get better by sunday and have to cancel it :curse::curse:

Kaitlin
Old Feb 1st 2008, 4:55 am
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Meds are really strict, but I think they are strict if you are gonna cost the Aussie govt more than so many thousands of dollars a year. For example if you had a terminal condition like AIDS or HIV , which you would need constant treatment for, I have suffered from IBS since my uni days, but I cope with it and Im not going to declare it in my meds as the questions do not ask me if I have had a stomach disorder and I have never been in hospital for it or been operated on. If your partner has had hospital treatment you will have to declare it, but make the doctor aware he has not suffered from it since. they may just ask you to do extra tests, but I cant see them denying your visa cos of it. Peeps with Diabeties get in. I have had every test there is for my IBS and find healthy living and exercise keeps it in check. I.e there is no cost to the govt.
ermmm, they are not terminal, these days with meds the vast majority die of conditions unrelated to their condition, plus HIV does not in the majority of cases turn intoAids, people really must get their facts correct,
Old Feb 1st 2008, 5:20 am
BE Enthusiast

hollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud ofhollykimalan has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
ermmm, they are not terminal, these days with meds the vast majority die of conditions unrelated to their condition, plus HIV does not in the majority of cases turn intoAids, people really must get their facts correct,
Everyone with AIDs or HIV will in the fullness of time, die of something DIRECTLY related to their HIV/AIDS/ immunosurpressed status. Or at a push, any other co-morbidity or condition will be greatly expedited by their underlying HIV/AIDS.
And crucially betwixt thence and hence a great deal of expensive drugs will be required....
The major exception is if their demise is brought about by some kind of unrelated trauma .
DO YOU KNOW the facts?
HKA
x

Last edited by hollykimalan; Feb 1st 2008 at 5:23 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.