Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How to send my partner application to London

Wikiposts

How to send my partner application to London

Old Mar 21st 2007, 5:38 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light
Question How to send my partner application to London

I have searched threads about this but only coming up with applications going to Aus. My defacto application has to go to the High Commission, London.

The problem is, the desk for accepting applications is only open from 9-11 am. All the couriers I spoke to said they can get it there by 10 am, but can't guarantee it will be after 9. If it got there before 9 it would go back to the depo and await collection. I am advised to take it by hand but it's an almost impossible trip, unless I go overnight and stay in London.

What have others done in this situation?
Old Mar 21st 2007, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

Tracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant futureTracemul7 has a brilliant future
Default Re: How to send my partner application to London

i sent out spouse visa application by special delivery - royal mail.
it got there fine!

Best of luck,
Tracey
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:33 am
BE Enthusiast

quercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of lightquercus is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Tracemul7
i sent out spouse visa application by special delivery - royal mail.
it got there fine!

Best of luck,
Tracey
Thanks Tracey, maybe I'll do that, but i've heard some have been lost. At least there isn't such a tiny window for delivery, like for sending by courier.
Have you heard back yet?
Regards,
Penny
Old Mar 21st 2007, 7:37 am
Just Joined

tazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant future

Hi, we sent my husbands application via royal mail special delivery aswell. Got there within 2 days, the only thing was that it wasn't signed for the other end, so it gave us a bit of a panic when we tried to track it on the internet. Rang the High Commission direct the next day and they confirmed that they had received it, panic over - bloody royal mail!!
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:03 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi Tazgirl, It beats me how the Royal Mail take special delivery without getting it signed for, but at least it got there. I'm feeling a bit more confident now and might send mine tomorrow. The process of getting it all together has taken so long I'm scared to let it out of my sight!
Regards,
Penny
Old Mar 21st 2007, 8:30 am
Just Joined

tazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant futuretazgirl80 has a brilliant future

I know, we couldn't understand it either! Good luck with it all
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

Phoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to beholdPhoenix is a splendid one to behold

Sent ours special delivery too - arrived next day - just sent our passports same way and included a special delivery return bag.
Old Mar 21st 2007, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by phoenix_uk
Sent ours special delivery too - arrived next day - just sent our passports same way and included a special delivery return bag.
OK Guys, thanks for the advice, I'm now convinced. I'm going to ignore my compulsion to get it all out and check it once again, and get to the Post Office! Many thanks! Penny
Old Mar 21st 2007, 11:02 pm
Forum Regular

lucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant futurelucyloo has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by quercus
OK Guys, thanks for the advice, I'm now convinced. I'm going to ignore my compulsion to get it all out and check it once again, and get to the Post Office! Many thanks! Penny
yes we did special delivery too with no problems
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 5:37 am
BE Enthusiast

It went special delivery yesterday. It was delivered when I checked around 10.30 today, and my credit card has been debited already, so things are happening!

Thanks for the good advice everyone!