Wikiposts

how are my chances? / de facto spouse

Old Dec 29th 2004, 8:40 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Exclamation how are my chances? / de facto spouse

Hey guys, I have my interview next week at the embassy in Berlin.

Im going for a de facto spouse visa. Im german and my partner is australian. I first met her 1997 in melbourne and we have been in a serious relationship for more than 6 years now.

I have been to australia a lot of times (always with a 3 months tourist visa, 14 times in total) and my missus has been to germany 6 times. We have spent a lot of time apart but I believe that being for together for almost 7 years proofs that its a genuine relationship? I have the following documents ready to go and I was just wondering whether some of you guys could quickly check the list and tell me what you think about my chances getting the visa.

=> I have heaps of photos showing me and her together at various occasions throughout the years. I copied all of them.

=> Ive also got a lot of envelopes showing our correspondence in almost 7 years. Postcards etc - I also made copies here.

=> I printed out the inbox of my e-mail account showing e-mails I recieved from her over the years.

=> A few invitations to birthdays etc.

=> A few telephone bills (copies)

=> I have certified copies of my birth certificate and certified copies of my missus passport and birth certificate

=> I have certified copies of the release documents from the german army (I had to serve 10 months in 1998)

=> Original police clearance from germany

=> Medical in sealed envelope (done in australia late november this year)

=> Form 40SP, 47SP, 886

=> A Relationship statement written by me and her (1 each)

=> Sponsorship statement written by her

=> Relationship Pro Forma

=> Now here is a bit of a worrie, I only managed to get one 888 form (statuatory declaration) by her mom as all her other relatives dont have their birth certificate or passports as they never left australia (believe it or not) - I made my parents (germans) to fill out the 888 form as well.

=> I have passport photos of her, certified of course

=> My Passport photos

=> Copy of my passport

=> Ive got a copy of my latest account balance showing that I have some cash to support me in australia while unemployed.

I have a son here in germany but he will stay here in germany, hes not moving to australia with me.

Now, this is a mess, I know but maybe one of you guys can quickly go thru it ? Im getting over it a bit and I was just wondering what you guys think....any suggestions, help or comments are MUCH appreciated...thanks a lot in advance !!!

Last edited by rubbeldiekatz; Dec 29th 2004 at 8:48 am.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:19 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how are my chances? / de facto spouse

That looks pretty good to me. I don't think Berlin work much differently to London so would have thought that would be fine. MLBonner is your expert on de factos though so if you have missed anything, I am sure she will know.

Have a read through this:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=mlbonner

Good luck. Am sure you will be out there soon.
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:23 am
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by moneypen20
That looks pretty good to me. I don't think Berlin work much differently to London so would have thought that would be fine. MLBonner is your expert on de factos though so if you have missed anything, I am sure she will know.

Have a read through this:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...light=mlbonner

Good luck. Am sure you will be out there soon.
that sounds good, thanks for replying...Ill check the link out now !!
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:32 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Hi there,

Looks quite good to me. If you can prove the 5+ years you'll get PR straight-away too. The only thing that might seem to be missing is some 'official' evidence; joint accounts, wills in eachothers name etc etc.

Also, has your son met this person? I only ask because my partners daughter wrote a letter saying how much she missed me and I should be allowed back into the country etc etc

Good Luck
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:47 am
Melbourne Rock City

he met her every time she came here but as I said, he will stay in germany....official evidence...I know, I never thought about keeping all this stuff in the past unfortunately....Id be happy if they give me the temporary resident on the spot next week but if they give me the PR - that would totally freak me out but I dont expect that.....a TR would make me the happiest person alive !! thank you michelle...if you have any other info or so, let me know but thanks so far......Markus
Old Dec 29th 2004, 10:53 am
part-time Visa Angel!

mlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nicemlbonner is just really nice

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
he met her every time she came here but as I said, he will stay in germany....official evidence...I know, I never thought about keeping all this stuff in the past unfortunately....Id be happy if they give me the temporary resident on the spot next week but if they give me the PR - that would totally freak me out but I dont expect that.....a TR would make me the happiest person alive !! thank you michelle...if you have any other info or so, let me know but thanks so far......Markus

I'll keep thinking about it - going out now, but will post it on here later if I do
Old Dec 29th 2004, 11:50 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mlbonner
The only thing that might seem to be missing is some 'official' evidence; joint accounts, wills in eachothers name etc etc.
And one cannot begin to overstate the importance that DIMIA give to these official or financial evidence.

Peter
Old Dec 29th 2004, 11:51 am
Melbourne Rock City

Originally Posted by ptlabs
And one cannot begin to overstate the importance that DIMIA give to these official or financial evidence.

Peter
well Ive got one invoice that shows both our names....fu** hopefully thats enough, plus the invitations etc....
Old Dec 29th 2004, 11:59 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

well Ive got one invoice that shows both our names....fu** hopefully thats enough, plus the invitations etc....
No joint accounts? No Wills naming each other as the main beneficiaries? No joint credit cards? Surely the missus has a way of spending your money!

I'm not saying that the absence of joint financial holdings/liabilities means instant failure. I'm just saying that such evidence is quite persuasive, to say the least.

Peter
Old Dec 29th 2004, 12:00 pm
Melbourne Rock City

No joint accounts? No Wills naming each other as the main beneficiaries? No joint credit cards? Surely the missus has a way of spending your money!

I'm not saying that the absence of joint financial holdings/liabilities means instant failure. I'm just saying that such evidence is quite persuasive, to say the least.

Peter
well weve got one bankaccount but on the accountbalance it doesnt show her name even though she uses it and money comes in from her work etc...
Old Dec 29th 2004, 12:07 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

well weve got one bankaccount but on the accountbalance it doesnt show her name even though she uses it and money comes in from her work etc...
Submit photocopies of that account's statements.

Get your partner's payslips that should have the account number printed.

Goes towards shared financial responsibilities etc.

Peter
Old Dec 29th 2004, 12:13 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Submit photocopies of that account's statements.

Get your partner's payslips that should have the account number printed.

Goes towards shared financial responsibilities etc.

Peter
Ive got heaps of payslips....I also printed out a few pages of the account balance even though it doesnt show her name...dont know...what else could I get last minute ?
Old Dec 29th 2004, 12:19 pm
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

Ive got heaps of payslips....I also printed out a few pages of the account balance even though it doesnt show her name...dont know...what else could I get last minute ?
Essentially, anything that shows joint financial commitment.

I would love to have my wife's salary deposited into my bank account. That would be wonderful.

Peter
Old Dec 29th 2004, 12:23 pm
Melbourne Rock City

Essentially, anything that shows joint financial commitment.

I would love to have my wife's salary deposited into my bank account. That would be wonderful.

Peter
how about an invoice ? one that shows both of our names ?
Old Dec 29th 2004, 12:33 pm
Melbourne Rock City

how about an invoice ? one that shows both of our names ?
Just realised that my name appears on her payslips as it goes thru my account....you reckon that will do?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.