Wikiposts

How much proof do you need?

Old Nov 30th 2007, 3:53 am
Forum Regular

murf80 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How much proof do you need?

Under recent work experience, the immi.gov website says you must "demonstrate you have been employed in an occupation on the SOL for 12 of the last 24 months." - How do you prove this? By sending them a copy of your contract? I get the impression that a CV is not going to be enough because you can say anything on there (most people do!)

Do you need a headed letter from your employer? This raises the prospect of telling my employer I'm thinking of leaving, potentially months before I do - not preferable.

Also, I need to prove I'm related to my brother (some of this stuff sounds ridiculous when you write it!) - will our birth certificates be enough? Both will show our parents names and that we were born in the same town.

Of all the things on the checklist these are the ones I'm most worried about as they seem silly little things but could cause a rejection......
Old Nov 30th 2007, 4:12 am
Crazy Finn

Kaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really niceKaitlin is just really nice
Default Re: How much proof do you need?

Originally Posted by murf80
Under recent work experience, the immi.gov website says you must "demonstrate you have been employed in an occupation on the SOL for 12 of the last 24 months." - How do you prove this? By sending them a copy of your contract? I get the impression that a CV is not going to be enough because you can say anything on there (most people do!)

Do you need a headed letter from your employer? This raises the prospect of telling my employer I'm thinking of leaving, potentially months before I do - not preferable.

Also, I need to prove I'm related to my brother (some of this stuff sounds ridiculous when you write it!) - will our birth certificates be enough? Both will show our parents names and that we were born in the same town.

Of all the things on the checklist these are the ones I'm most worried about as they seem silly little things but could cause a rejection......
Have you read all the information including the booklet of the visa you are applying? That is the "Bible" of an Aussie Migrant I was once told and have to admit that is true =)

Start by reading it through and you'll propably find the answers. What visa are you applying btw?

Kaitlin
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:03 am
BE Enthusiast

iwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to alliwilldoit is a name known to all

Hi
You need to send as much info as possible, pay slips, p60, references, job description, anything you write must be certified, it is not necc for anyone to contact your employer all you need to do is ask them not to, and of course certify that as well....good luck, if this does not help you i would contact an agency as they will be able to help you further. good luck.
sharon
Old Nov 30th 2007, 5:58 am
Whey hey got my Visa

allankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to allallankate is a name known to all

...Also, I need to prove I'm related to my brother (some of this stuff sounds ridiculous when you write it!) - will our birth certificates be enough? Both will show our parents names and that we were born in the same town......
Hi in relation to your brother your birth certs will be fine as long as both show your parents. My uncle is sponsoring me and they also requested a copy of his Citizenship certificate.

Good luck

Allan
Old Nov 30th 2007, 6:33 am
Ping pong PoM

alipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond reputealipally has a reputation beyond repute

If you are applying online the checklist tells you exactly what the reference needs to include... from memory, it's job description/title, length of time in role, salary.
You will also need to provide p60's and payslips... OH included p60's for the last 4 years and 3 recent payslips.

Hope this helps a bit!

Ali x
Old Nov 30th 2007, 2:09 pm
Forum Regular

murf80 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the replies, good job I kept all those payslips and P60s!

I'll copy them and get them signed - whoever does my certifying's going to need a lot of ink

It's a 176 I'm going for.