Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How much money is enough and how do they ask you to prove it?

Wikiposts

How much money is enough and how do they ask you to prove it?

Old May 15th 2009, 4:50 am
Just Joined

zacsmum is an unknown quantity at this point
Question How much money is enough and how do they ask you to prove it?

Hi guys....

We are busy filling in our forms for the 176 family sponsored visa and they ask how much money are we planing on bringing with us to Oz? What must we put, I know that sounds strange but how much is enough. Realistically £15kis what will we will have left over once we sell our house, is that enough?
And also they say that they may ask you to proove this .... how? Is the papers showing we own a house and car enough? Or our payslips? Or does it literally have to be £15 000 in cash sitting in a bank account somewhere?

Thanks guys.
Old May 15th 2009, 5:20 am
Forum Regular

wijay is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How much money is enough and how do they ask you to prove it?

Hi
Your financial form must be signed by people like solicitor or others in the list. For me, I just mentioned all the assets that I have, cash (like 15 k), house (200 k), car (3 k), etc. I also brought some documents like bank statements, ISA statements, but the solicitor did not even bother to look at them.

Regards
Wijay
Old May 15th 2009, 5:31 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

A bit of a tangent but I've just been asked for either a bank account or investments statement, house equity is ok too but this must be proven with a combination of a written valuation and mortgage statement - this is for Queensland state sponsorship. Don't think most states request an amount but i' been advised that AUD 25k for the main applicant + AUD 5k for each additional person on the visa is the best guide for minimum figures, hope this helps
Old May 15th 2009, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

wijay is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I think South Australia also requires the same amount, 25 k for main applicant, and 5 k for each additional applicant. They reckon the amount is needed to survive without work for about 6 months.
Old May 16th 2009, 4:44 am
Forum Regular

auzsci is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, we're going to apply for a 176 visa as well. We're a young family and don't really have that kind of funds to show. Will this be a problem?
Old May 16th 2009, 9:41 pm
Just Joined

thanks guys...

I pose the same question.... if we cant prove this kind of money .... how much a problem is it? Will we denied a visa even though we are sponsored by his parents or sister?
Old May 16th 2009, 9:45 pm
Banned

Mukesam is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by zacsmum
thanks guys...

I pose the same question.... if we cant prove this kind of money .... how much a problem is it? Will we denied a visa even though we are sponsored by his parents or sister?
Is this requirement of funds is also for 175 visa? I just want to make sure there isn't such thing for 175 visa. Can some one please confirm?

Regards,
Old May 16th 2009, 10:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Safaet will become famous soon enoughSafaet will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Mukesam
Is this requirement of funds is also for 175 visa? I just want to make sure there isn't such thing for 175 visa. Can some one please confirm?

Regards,
THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR 175 VISA. CONFIRMED!
Old May 18th 2009, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

auzsci is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Safaet
THIS IS NOT A REQUIREMENT FOR 175 VISA. CONFIRMED!
Does anyone know if this is a requirement for 176 visa?
Old May 19th 2009, 12:09 am
BE Enthusiast

Rodger_lawson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by auzsci
Does anyone know if this is a requirement for 176 visa?
i applied online for family sponsored 176 on Dec 3rd, 2008. I did not have to specify anything about the amount of money that i'd be bringing in.

however, i have applied for SS from WA. There in that application, i had to give details about the amount i'd be bringing in and attached a proof statement as well.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:10 am
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

can somebody please tell me where they found out what proof of funds documentation is needed for QLD ss. I have searched the site, but cant find exactly what you need. Different people seem to have different views.
Old May 19th 2009, 4:20 am
Just Joined

Hi guys....

I was told by an immigration agent this morning that we will not have to prove funds for a 176 visa.

Rodger? Did you only have to prove funds for your State sponsorship?

Can anyone who has applied for a 176 confirm this is correct that we wont need to prove funds for family sponsorship?

I am so excited if this is true.... it means I can apply in a couple of weeks.... woohoo!

Thanks for the advice everyone ....
Old May 19th 2009, 7:04 am
OnlyLivingBoyInNewCross

rinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond reputerinkerdink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by debi_wayne
can somebody please tell me where they found out what proof of funds documentation is needed for QLD ss. I have searched the site, but cant find exactly what you need. Different people seem to have different views.
My agent, the requirements have changed recently.

It's about ensuring you have sufficient funds to support aprolonged period of unemployemtn in these uncertain times I think
Old May 19th 2009, 7:22 am
Forum Regular

debi_wayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by rinkerdink
My agent, the requirements have changed recently.

It's about ensuring you have sufficient funds to support aprolonged period of unemployemtn in these uncertain times I think
Thanks rinkerdink, I have sent bank statements, but some of them just copied and pasted, may get more originals together and forward them on.