How many times can the RRV be renewed?

Old Oct 15th 2007, 10:03 am
Just Joined

Nikhil is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How many times can the RRV be renewed?

Hi,

I am holding a PR visa but due to some personal reasons (severe sickness of parents) could not move to OZ. I have still 1 year left of my PR visa. I heard that even if you have visit Oz for 1 day one can get RRV for 3 months. I have already visited and validated my PR earlier.

I am very desperate to move to oz and begin a new life but circumstances are not supporting me due to bad health of my parents & being only son cannot leave them alone.

Now my query is as follows.

Can I move to oz say after 6 months ie before my PR end date & can i get 3 months RRV at the end of PR visa & again apply for 3 months RRV at the end of RRV ? & there by complete 2 years & get a 5 year RRV after completing 2 years stay in oz? Technically this should be possible as it states that to get 3 months RRV one should be present 1 day in oz. But then whether the immigration dept will consider this continous renewal of RRV of 3 months or not is nor known.

Any experts/gurus who can guide or any one who faced this situation & how they handled it?

All answers/suggestions/solutions welcome to save my PR

Regards
Old Oct 15th 2007, 11:53 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How many times can the RRV be renewed?

Originally Posted by Nikhil
Hi,

I am holding a PR visa but due to some personal reasons (severe sickness of parents) could not move to OZ. I have still 1 year left of my PR visa. I heard that even if you have visit Oz for 1 day one can get RRV for 3 months. I have already visited and validated my PR earlier.

I am very desperate to move to oz and begin a new life but circumstances are not supporting me due to bad health of my parents & being only son cannot leave them alone.

Now my query is as follows.

Can I move to oz say after 6 months ie before my PR end date & can i get 3 months RRV at the end of PR visa & again apply for 3 months RRV at the end of RRV ? & there by complete 2 years & get a 5 year RRV after completing 2 years stay in oz? Technically this should be possible as it states that to get 3 months RRV one should be present 1 day in oz. But then whether the immigration dept will consider this continous renewal of RRV of 3 months or not is nor known.

Any experts/gurus who can guide or any one who faced this situation & how they handled it?

All answers/suggestions/solutions welcome to save my PR

Regards
Your start point must be to read form 968i:
http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/pdf/968i.pdf

Incidentally your information "I have still 1 year left of my PR visa" does not make sense considering your previous posts.