Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

how many hours is classed as full time study

Wikiposts

how many hours is classed as full time study

Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:17 am
stuck in twilight

pike is on a distinguished road
Default how many hours is classed as full time study

bit conserned about getting a visa before my daughter turns 18 in which i know there is no chance as still in the TRA stage so my daughter will have to go to collage the coarse she as been offerd is only 20 hours a week ,but i dont think that is enough.
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:38 am
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how many hours is classed as full time study

Originally Posted by pike
bit conserned about getting a visa before my daughter turns 18 in which i know there is no chance as still in the TRA stage so my daughter will have to go to collage the coarse she as been offerd is only 20 hours a week ,but i dont think that is enough.

Get professional advice on a question as complex as this.

Jeremy
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 5:51 am
stuck in twilight

Originally Posted by JAJ
Get professional advice on a question as complex as this.

Jeremy

Thank,s for your reply will contact agent monday
Old Apr 2nd 2005, 7:06 am
stuck in twilight

Originally Posted by pike
Thank,s for your reply will contact agent monday

Found some information in booklet 2 page 13
1. be wholly or substantially reliant on the sponsoring parent for financial support to meet their basic needs of food, shelter and clothing and be able to show that they have relied on this support for a substantial period of 12 months.

2.the child must be validly enrolled in and activeely participating in ,a full time coarse of study leading to a professional.trade or vocational qualification

3.the child must have been undertaking the course since turning 18 or have commenced studies within 6 months or a reasonable period of completing secondary education and the child must not be in full time employment.

if this information applies then she just needs to make sure she is completing a full time coarse she was offerd a place in uni so she will have to chase it up