How long for West Mercia police checks?

Old Mar 19th 2003, 8:44 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default How long for West Mercia police checks?

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has had a police check from West Mercia recently. We sent ours of and got a receipt back dated 17/02/03.

Now allowing 7days postage to get back to NZ it means we have been waiting 25 days. I know they say up to 40 days, but the thing is our builder has not long built our post box (3 sided brick pillar at the end of our drive). At first it did not have a back on it and i once found a letter on the front lawn which must have been caught by the wind. So as you can imagine I am having sleepless nights worrying that our police checks have come back and have blown away!!

So does anyone know how quick West Mercia checks are coming back at the moment.

Thanks

Paula
Old Mar 19th 2003, 9:28 pm
Vaidated member

JayneTee is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long for West Mercia police checks?

Originally posted by Watt Dabney
Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has had a police check from West Mercia recently. We sent ours of and got a receipt back dated 17/02/03.

Now allowing 7days postage to get back to NZ it means we have been waiting 25 days. I know they say up to 40 days, but the thing is our builder has not long built our post box (3 sided brick pillar at the end of our drive). At first it did not have a back on it and i once found a letter on the front lawn which must have been caught by the wind. So as you can imagine I am having sleepless nights worrying that our police checks have come back and have blown away!!

So does anyone know how quick West Mercia checks are coming back at the moment.

Thanks

Paula
We sent ours off to West Mercia on the 12th Feb, got a receipt dated 13th Feb are still waiting, but I think it's the New Scotland Yard end where the hold-up is

Jayne & Efty
Old Mar 19th 2003, 11:05 pm
Inverted Firkin Inventor

Watt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to beholdWatt Dabney is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How long for West Mercia police checks?

Originally posted by JayneTee
We sent ours off to West Mercia on the 12th Feb, got a receipt dated 13th Feb are still waiting, but I think it's the New Scotland Yard end where the hold-up is

Jayne & Efty

Thanks for that Jayne & Efty i will sleep easier tonight!!!

Paula
Old Mar 19th 2003, 11:28 pm
Forum Regular

M4rk is an unknown quantity at this point

Our receipt from Scot Yard is dated 7th Feb... Cheques cashed but as yet (today = day 41) no letters have arrived.

Waiting ever waiting.
Old Mar 20th 2003, 7:45 am
BE Enthusiast

Wendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant futureWendy&Mike has a brilliant future

not west mercia, but u may be interested. My partner and i sent off police checks together. I got mine back after 21 days. After 45 days my partners hadnt arrived so we tried all phone numbers available to try to check it out. Could only get prerecorded messages ! Went into local police station and eventually got them to chase it up for us, it arrived 2 days later. How long we would have waited if we hadnt chased it i dont know !!
wendy
Old Mar 26th 2003, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

M4rk is an unknown quantity at this point

It appears Scotland Yard process your request when you chase your local police department. My wife rang for ours, hers turned up second class post 2 days later. Then I rang to chase mine (again), and it arrived this morning. Two days later.

So if you have been waiting for the 40 days already, call the police force who cashed your cheque. They will chase it for you, and it appears they are pretty efficient once they are chased.

Good Luck all.