Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

how long is the visa vaild for without moving to oz?

Wikiposts

how long is the visa vaild for without moving to oz?

Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:40 pm
Forum Regular

jemma_howle is an unknown quantity at this point
Question how long is the visa vaild for without moving to oz?

hi,
just wanting some advise for my aunt and uncle.
she is a nurse with about 10 years experience-working part time
he is a radiologist with 2 years experience- also working part time.
they have 2 sons 11 months and 4. they want to move to oz, but not for about another 2 years. they are worried that as they are both 41 that if they leave it to late there age will be a problem.
im sure on here before i saw something about you can get PR visa, but you dont have to move to oz straight away. does any1 know who long the visa is valid for without moving to australia???many thanks
jema
Old Mar 18th 2008, 11:41 pm
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how long is the visa vaild for without moving to oz?

Originally Posted by jemma_howle
hi,
just wanting some advise for my aunt and uncle.
she is a nurse with about 10 years experience-working part time
he is a radiologist with 2 years experience- also working part time.
they have 2 sons 11 months and 4. they want to move to oz, but not for about another 2 years. they are worried that as they are both 41 that if they leave it to late there age will be a problem.
im sure on here before i saw something about you can get PR visa, but you dont have to move to oz straight away. does any1 know who long the visa is valid for without moving to australia???many thanks
jema

Once validated by a visit to Australia they are valid for 5 years from issue.

The validation period is usually one year from police checks or medicals

G
Old Mar 19th 2008, 12:04 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: how long is the visa vaild for without moving to oz?

I hope they are both working at least 20 hours a week if they're going to apply for a visa.