British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   How long for sponsorship confirmation? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/how-long-sponsorship-confirmation-536224/)

liamcnaught May 13th 2008 11:20 am

How long for sponsorship confirmation?

Not been on the website for a while - we had to withdraw our visas, Death in the family and we lost our baby - couldn't go through the process as we were unable to function. We really were in 2 minds whether to apply again. Time is a great healer and the McNaughts are back:thumbsup:!!
Ohh the memories of waiting, being anxious etc etc!!!

This time we are going for sponsorship with South Australia Government and just wondered what the timescales are? They did quote us 4 weeks - is there a chance of it being sooner?

Glad to be back!!

Lia

anuruddha13 May 13th 2008 3:56 pm

Re: How long for sponsorship confirmation?

Hi

Sorry to hear about the though time you all went through.

I managed to obtain the SA sponsorship and it took around 2 weeks to get the results.

Good luck with your process.

Cheers,

Anuruddha

liamcnaught May 13th 2008 5:31 pm

Hi Anuruddha

Thanks for your reply - fingers crossed!!

Lia:thumbup:

ann May 13th 2008 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by liamcnaught (Post 6343831)
Not been on the website for a while - we had to withdraw our visas, Death in the family and we lost our baby - couldn't go through the process as we were unable to function. We really were in 2 minds whether to apply again. Time is a great healer and the McNaughts are back:thumbsup:!!

This time we are going for sponsorship with South Australia Government and just wondered what the timescales are? They did quote us 4 weeks - is there a chance of it being sooner?

Glad to be back!!

Lia

Bless, when I was at the Leeds expo in April, the south Auz stand quote approx 2/3 weeks. :thumbup:

liamcnaught May 13th 2008 6:08 pm

Thanks Ann, been checking out the BE website and 176 sponsorship is one of the least common visa's.

If anyone out there has gone down that route or are currently going through the process please let me know your experiences

Lia

ann May 13th 2008 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by liamcnaught (Post 6345634)
Thanks Ann, been checking out the BE website and 176 sponsorship is one of the least common visa's.

If anyone out there has gone down that route or are currently going through the process please let me know your experiences

Lia

hoping 176 aswell but think will have to go down the 475 route. When i was at the Leeds expo i think i tortured the man on the stand had him answering questions for at least 30 mins and I feel the 176, sponsered perm visa is the better than the 475 provis sponse visa, good luck if you have any words of wisdom along the way let me know xx:thumbsup:

debbie222 May 13th 2008 8:30 pm

Originally Posted by liamcnaught (Post 6343831)

Glad to be back!!

Lia

Hiya

I applied way back in September (I think :confused:) anyway, I heard back in approx 3 weeks. I applied for a 475 visa on 2nd Dec -
Good luck:thumbsup:
Debs
x