Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

How long to be out of the country for offshore 475 GSM to activate?

Wikiposts

How long to be out of the country for offshore 475 GSM to activate?

Old Aug 14th 2011, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

racbeans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default How long to be out of the country for offshore 475 GSM to activate?

Hi
I'm new to this forum and I have read the rules but apologies in advance if I don't get it right!
My husband (UK), myself and family are at the final stages of our 475 offshore gsm application. All we need to do now is go "offshore" and re-enter Australia to complete our application (we applied from within Australia). I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice on processing times for "activating" the visa. We are planning a holiday to NZ and have been advised by Oz immigration that it may take up to at least 8 working days. This would mean taking a 2 week holiday to be on the safe side but I really don't want to do that if in reality the turn around is more like 3-5 days. Can anyone tell me of their experience with this? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:14 pm
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How long to be out of the country for offshore 475 GSM to activate?

Originally Posted by racbeans
Hi
I'm new to this forum and I have read the rules but apologies in advance if I don't get it right!
My husband (UK), myself and family are at the final stages of our 475 offshore gsm application. All we need to do now is go "offshore" and re-enter Australia to complete our application (we applied from within Australia). I'm wondering if anyone can give me any advice on processing times for "activating" the visa. We are planning a holiday to NZ and have been advised by Oz immigration that it may take up to at least 8 working days. This would mean taking a 2 week holiday to be on the safe side but I really don't want to do that if in reality the turn around is more like 3-5 days. Can anyone tell me of their experience with this? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thank you in advance
If DIAC have said up to 8 working days then that's probably what you should plan for. Each case is different, so really what happened with another poster's visa grant has very little relevance to yours.
Old Aug 14th 2011, 7:25 pm
Just Joined

racbeans is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How long to be out of the country for offshore 475 GSM to activate?

Originally Posted by Dorothy
If DIAC have said up to 8 working days then that's probably what you should plan for. Each case is different, so really what happened with another poster's visa grant has very little relevance to yours.
Thanks. Just seemed like a standard letter that would be sent to all...ie wording like "please allow at least 5 working days for the evidencing process"... not very specific.
Would still love to hear from anyone who's been in this situation