Wikiposts

How long meds valid for?

Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

ice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to allice mocha is a name known to all
Default How long meds valid for?

Anyone know how long meds are valid for??

My hubby is obese, and a bit worried so he was thinking of going to do his meds now, and see if he's ok, before we're asked to do it. So that if there's any problems, he can try to sort it now.

Ta!
Old Jan 20th 2008, 10:27 am
Living the dream

tawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to beholdtawkins1 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: How long meds valid for?

Originally Posted by ChocCake

My hubby is obese, and a bit worried so he was thinking of going to do his meds now, and see if he's ok, before we're asked to do it. So that if there's any problems, he can try to sort it now.

Ta!
Hi Ya.
Medicals are valid for 12 months. But, if your application was processed & visa granted before the 12 months is up you would have to validate your visa's by the expiry date of your medicals, so it might be better to wait. Up to you though
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:29 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by ChocCake

Ta!
Instead of wasting all that money and doing them too early, why not call up one of the panel doctors and see if you can find out what an acceptable BMI is. I think mine was about 31 when we had ours done, and they didn't even blink at my weight.

I don't think weight in itself would disqualify anyone, mostly it's complications due to being obese like heart problems, high blood pressure, etc. So if there are no other secondary condition I'd say it would likely be ok.

But for peace of mind definitely call the panel doctor and ask for some advice.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:30 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Oh... if you are actually close to needed your medicals done then it won't hurt to do them early.

As tawkins1 said it would just shorten the length of time you were given to validate the visa.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:37 pm
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by comet555
Instead of wasting all that money and doing them too early, why not call up one of the panel doctors and see if you can find out what an acceptable BMI is. I think mine was about 31 when we had ours done, and they didn't even blink at my weight.

I don't think weight in itself would disqualify anyone, mostly it's complications due to being obese like heart problems, high blood pressure, etc. So if there are no other secondary condition I'd say it would likely be ok.

But for peace of mind definitely call the panel doctor and ask for some advice.
You are correct. BMI is an indicator but not a sole reason for refusal. My BMI is in the morbidly obese category and I was granted my visa with no problems at all. As you say as long as there are no associated medical issues such as high blood pressure then the OP shouldn't worry too much. My doctor just said to me that although I was healthy now that if I didn't do something about my weight soon then my health would suffer in years to come.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 1:43 pm
Canuck/Aussie

Originally Posted by northernbird
You are correct. BMI is an indicator but not a sole reason for refusal. My BMI is in the morbidly obese category and I was granted my visa with no problems at all. As you say as long as there are no associated medical issues such as high blood pressure then the OP shouldn't worry too much. My doctor just said to me that although I was healthy now that if I didn't do something about my weight soon then my health would suffer in years to come.
Good to know! I'm sure that will help reassure the OP.
Old Jan 20th 2008, 11:24 pm
Just Joined

t9od is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by northernbird
My BMI is 37, which in the obese category. I didn't have any heart issues or high blood pressure last time I was checked.

So I hope it will go through fine for me.

I will still try and loose some weight before just in case

Mark
Old Jan 21st 2008, 12:47 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

If you do it too early and then DIAC are slow to process the application, you could run out of time to validate. If he's concerned about his weight, just go to your gp and get a full physical and do something that way. It will be free as opposed to booking one of the panel docs for advice, they are only doctors who just happen to be on the DIAC list and therefore are given carte blanche to charge a fortune.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:49 am
Gutter Gob!!

northernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond reputenorthernbird has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by t9od
My BMI is 37, which in the obese category. I didn't have any heart issues or high blood pressure last time I was checked.

So I hope it will go through fine for me.

I will still try and loose some weight before just in case

Mark
Mine is still way way higher than that so try not to worry although losing a few kilos is always good for the health. Good luck.
Old Jan 21st 2008, 8:52 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Just remember, if you have to give a health undertaking, your medicals are only valid for 6 months.

G