How long does Citizenship process take?

Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice
Default Re: How long does Citizenship process take?

Originally Posted by polyama
Hi,

just got my application approved (Perth office), here is the timeline:

28/09/2012 online application
12/10/2102 received a letter with interview appointment
16/11/2012 interview/test
17/11/2012 application approved

waiting for an official letter and invitation to the ceremony, which will be most likely on January 25th .

M.
Hi,
I've just applied online today, also in Perth so it's interesting to see your timeline.
Can i ask, did you scan and attach all the documents that are required or did you simple take the originals and copies when you had your interview.
The reason i ask is, i've tried to go back into my application with my TRN but i can't find anywhere to attach documents.

Thanks Ian.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:19 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ian444
Hi,
I've just applied online today, also in Perth so it's interesting to see your timeline.
Can i ask, did you scan and attach all the documents that are required or did you simple take the originals and copies when you had your interview.
The reason i ask is, i've tried to go back into my application with my TRN but i can't find anywhere to attach documents.

Thanks Ian.
I think you can attach (I can't remember ) but I took my docs anyway. I took certified colour copies.

Have a look here: http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/documents/ it may help.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

Ian444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really niceIan444 is just really nice

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
I think you can attach (I can't remember ) but I took my docs anyway. I took certified colour copies.

Have a look here: http://www.citizenship.gov.au/applying/documents/ it may help.
Hi thanks for your reply,

Yeh in the application it does say you can attach them later but now i can't find how to do it.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 10:25 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

Hi thanks for your reply,

Yeh in the application it does say you can attach them later but now i can't find how to do it.
I'm fairly certain that's what happened to me as well....and I'm a firm believer in having my paper evidence with me so I gave up and took it with me.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 11:06 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
I'm fairly certain that's what happened to me as well....and I'm a firm believer in having my paper evidence with me so I gave up and took it with me.
Yeh I think I'll do the same , thanks for that.
Ian.
Old Nov 20th 2012, 12:12 pm
Forum Regular

polyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant future

Hi,

Thanks Ian.
Yes, I did attach documents (also, mixed up some and could not delete once they are attached) but also brought hard copies with me. I did not attach scan of medicare card, but they wanted it.

I think you can attach copies here https://www.ecom.immi.gov.au/citz/attachment/logon.do
Old Nov 20th 2012, 9:03 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Hi I applied on October 6th and had heard nothing back since. I called them up just now and was told it is taking anything up to a couple of months for test dates to be processed. I said so I should hear in the next two weeks as its been six weeks already. I was told they can't guarantee this. So anyone applying now don't hold your breath.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 12:55 am
BE Enthusiast

James516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud ofJames516 has much to be proud of

Yes, visa OK until you take the pledge as although you are 'approved' you are not actually a citizen until you take the pledge.

Time varies a lot form city to city - my OH started the process in March this year, and her ceremony was in September - 1100 people becoming citizens all at once!
Old Nov 21st 2012, 2:26 am
MODL Pommie

sssstew is an unknown quantity at this point

hmm i put my online application in on 28th October and on the website it still shows as processing, and i havent received anything yet

edit - thanks for the info Robo, looks like im in the same boat, will have to wait it out.
Old Nov 21st 2012, 11:34 pm
one day rodders !!!

robos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond reputerobos has a reputation beyond repute

Yep sssstew good luck with yours
Old Nov 22nd 2012, 8:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Thanks everyone,

Just looked at my status and it says they have sent out a letter today, hope thats good news.

Ian.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:45 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by nbondi
The visa gets cancelled a couple of days after you've attended the ceremony.
After the ceremony, the council returns the attendance list to immigration and they change your status from permanent resident to citizen. In my case it took 4 working days (you can see it online through your entitlements). Passport takes less that 48 hr when paying the express fee.
The visa is null and void immediately (not cancelled) once you become a citizen. Even if it takes them a few days to update it on their system.
Old Nov 23rd 2012, 10:46 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by James516
Yes, visa OK until you take the pledge as although you are 'approved' you are not actually a citizen until you take the pledge.

Time varies a lot form city to city - my OH started the process in March this year, and her ceremony was in September - 1100 people becoming citizens all at once!
For most people it takes somewhere between 6-9 months.
It is unusual to take less than 3 months or longer than 12 months.

The process is generally a lot quicker than in most other countries, eg Canada, it takes around 18 months on average with some waiting longer.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 11:06 am
Forum Regular

polyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant futurepolyama has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by polyama
Hi,

just got my application approved (Perth office), here is the timeline:

28/09/2012 online application
12/10/2102 received a letter with interview appointment
16/11/2012 interview/test
17/11/2012 application approved

waiting for an official letter and invitation to the ceremony, which will be most likely on January 25th .

M.
its 6 weeks till Australia Day, and no letter from the council yet... I guess I would have to wait till next ceremony sometime in May :-(
Old Dec 17th 2012, 11:39 pm
Just Joined

obener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really nice

For people who applied online, does anyone know what "Application being processed further" actually stands for?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.