British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia) (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/)
-   -   How long do I have after visa grant (https://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-visas-citizenship-australia-32/how-long-do-i-have-after-visa-grant-616161/)

pedantix Jun 22nd 2009 9:08 am

How long do I have after visa grant

Does anyone know, how long do i have once my visa has been granted, to enter Australia? I've applied for a 175.

Thanks in advance for any help.

JenniGee Jun 22nd 2009 9:15 am

Re: How long do I have after visa grant

It will depend on the dates you did your medicals & police checks...your grant will usually show a first entry date of around about the time those checks are due to expire, about 12 months. So if you did your checks in January 2009 & DIAC process your application by September 2009, you will generally have until January 2010 to make your first entry.

Best of luck :)

ZeeAsh Jun 22nd 2009 9:22 am

Originally Posted by pedantix (Post 7687427)
Does anyone know, how long do i have once my visa has been granted, to enter Australia? I've applied for a 175.

Normaly its one year from the date of issue of PCC or medical which ever is earlier. i.e if your PCC is issued on 4th Sept 08 then you must enter on or before 4th Sept 09 .... its written on you visa grant letter.

flowerkris Jun 22nd 2009 12:43 pm

It is 12 months from the date you did either your medicals or police checks. You can enter and validate the visa at Australian airport. Then you can go back to original country but you will have to come back again within 5 years and should stay 2 years continuously.

Pollyana Jun 22nd 2009 1:39 pm

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Visa_Validation-Australia

aleruri Jun 23rd 2009 5:07 am

Originally Posted by ZeeAsh (Post 7687462)
Normaly its one year from the date of issue of PCC or medical which ever is earlier. i.e if your PCC is issued on 4th Sept 08 then you must enter on or before 4th Sept 09 .... its written on you visa grant letter.

What about if the PCC overseas is expired already.
Mine expired in April 2009. But they were valid at the moment of the application (The CO said that they would not require another overseas PCC, that they would contact me if so).
Australian PCC will expire May 2010.
Medical will expire March 2010.
Which would be my date of entry to Australia (re-entry actually, because I am already here)?
Thanks.

Pollyana Jun 23rd 2009 5:35 am

Originally Posted by aleruri (Post 7689893)
Mine expired in April 2009. But they were valid at the moment of the application (The CO said that they would not require another overseas PCC, that they would contact me if so).
Which would be my date of entry to Australia (re-entry actually, because I am already here)?
Thanks.

No idea. The guidelines are that its is USUALLY 12 months from the date of police check/meds, but this is not set in stne and the date set is at the discretion of the case oficer. You'll have to wait till they contact you.

newjersey Jun 23rd 2009 6:11 am

Originally Posted by aleruri (Post 7689893)
Thanks.

If you are already here, your visa will not be granted until you leave Australia. You will receive a pre-grant letter in a due course, advising you to leave the country for the visa decision to be made. Then, if the decision is positive, you will go to have your visa evidenced to the overseas mission, as instructed by the DIAC.

aleruri Jun 23rd 2009 6:43 am

Originally Posted by newjersey (Post 7690023)
If you are already here, your visa will not be granted until you leave Australia. You will receive a pre-grant letter in a due course, advising you to leave the country for the visa decision to be made. Then, if the decision is positive, you will go to have your visa evidenced to the overseas mission, as instructed by the DIAC.

Yes, I know that. I stated that in my post. My question is, what is going to be the date of coming back to Australia.
Thanks.

mzt Jul 3rd 2009 5:59 am

Just for information purposes, but mine was issued with a 6 month window from the date of Meds and PCC.

Not sure why my entry date was so short even though both my Meds and PCC have a good 5 months left after the Entry date requirement. So it's not always garaunteed to be 12 months or close to the expiry dates of your Meds or PCC's.

eurosyl Jul 3rd 2009 6:09 am

Originally Posted by aleruri (Post 7690082)
Yes, I know that. I stated that in my post. My question is, what is going to be the date of coming back to Australia.
Thanks.

My PCC expires end of this month, and in my pre-grant letter is written that I must not make my initial entry later than 21 October 2009. So I got about 3,5 months. But it is totally to the discretion of the CO.

Cheers,
Sylvia