Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia > Immigration, Visas & Citizenship (Australia)
Reload this Page >

for how long DIMIA will be closed during holidays

Wikiposts

for how long DIMIA will be closed during holidays

Old Dec 15th 2004, 11:47 pm
Account Closed

CasG is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: for how long DIMIA will be closed during holidays

Originally Posted by JAJ
Government offices in Australia do not 'close for a month.'

Of course if you want to believe wild rumours then go right ahead, there's not much point in asking questions on a forum if you're not prepared to pay any attention to the answers.

Jeremy
I was told by another reliable source that while they do not close, DIMIA is run on a reduced staffing level for two weeks from the 20th.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 12:56 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carolinegorka
I was told by another reliable source that while they do not close, DIMIA is run on a reduced staffing level for two weeks from the 20th.
Much more realistic, Cas.

Goverment offices closing for a month at Christmas... ... lovely idea, but do you think they'd pay us to sit at home for a month! Like any other business, some people take leave at Christmas, some don't. The most you will find is - as I have already said - a closedown for Christmas week - and this is partly because everyone else is closed.
How do you expect DIMIA to verify references when businesses are closed?
How do you expect them to send out mail when the Post offices are shut for Public Holidays?
And believe it or not, DIMIA workers are human! They are entitled to time off! When some of you get your visas, arrive in Australia, and get jobs, you will also expect holidays - why shouldn't DIMIA staff get them too.
Old Dec 16th 2004, 4:31 am
Just Joined

huguinho is an unknown quantity at this point

Well, I wrote to my case officer about two weeks ago, and I got an automated response that he will be out of the office from Nov 26 to Jan 5.
That's great for him, and a new patience challenge for me. (14 weeks since meds arrived to ASPC, and counting).