how long from CO - to visa grant

Old Jan 7th 2007, 7:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of
Default Re: how long from CO - to visa grant

Originally Posted by sarah-jayne
Does someone else not take on her work when she is not there?

Hopefully your visa grant will come on a day she works and that she phones you straight away, can you phone her to ask that when she hears she phones you or emails that way you wont be waiting longer than necessary.

Sarah
Yes I suppose I could. It could be a good excuse to phone and see if she has heard anything.
Nicky x
Old Jan 7th 2007, 8:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by leechy100
Yes I suppose I could. It could be a good excuse to phone and see if she has heard anything.
Nicky x
Good luck dont forget to lets us know how you get on.

Sarah x
Old Jan 8th 2007, 9:22 am
BE Enthusiast

leechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud ofleechy100 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by sarah-jayne
Good luck dont forget to lets us know how you get on.

Sarah x
I phoned my agent this morning and she says that we will hear by post as she sends us all the relevant paperwork from DIMA!!
Nicky x
Old Jan 8th 2007, 12:25 pm
Just Joined

leerankin is on a distinguished road
Unhappy The Waiting Game!!

Hi All

It is nice to read your posts and realise it is not only me who is getting so fed up waiting and coming up against one obstacle after another it really gets you down.
My husband and applied in April 2006 and a CO was allocated to us in August 2006, we thought we were getting near the end of the process when my Aunt was asked to complete the AOS application and go for a meeting at centrelink.............. but no another obstacle she doesn't have a high enough income to support the two of us.
The good news is you are allowed up to 3 AOS so my friend in Australia has agreed to be the other AOS for us. He has a meeting at the end of January and I am hoping there is not too long a wait after this........
We are renting a flat at the moment and our 6 month lease runs out at the end of this month - now do we sign for another 6 months????
Going to try and start getting rid of the junk in the flat and clear out those cupboards and get a bit organised in the hope of a positive response.

Good luck to all those who are waiting - we will have to keep our chins up - we will get there in the end.

Amanda
Old Jan 8th 2007, 12:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Default Re: The Waiting Game!!

Originally Posted by leerankin
Hi All

It is nice to read your posts and realise it is not only me who is getting so fed up waiting and coming up against one obstacle after another it really gets you down.
My husband and applied in April 2006 and a CO was allocated to us in August 2006, we thought we were getting near the end of the process when my Aunt was asked to complete the AOS application and go for a meeting at centrelink.............. but no another obstacle she doesn't have a high enough income to support the two of us.
The good news is you are allowed up to 3 AOS so my friend in Australia has agreed to be the other AOS for us. He has a meeting at the end of January and I am hoping there is not too long a wait after this........
We are renting a flat at the moment and our 6 month lease runs out at the end of this month - now do we sign for another 6 months????
Going to try and start getting rid of the junk in the flat and clear out those cupboards and get a bit organised in the hope of a positive response.

Good luck to all those who are waiting - we will have to keep our chins up - we will get there in the end.

Amanda
I can imagine how disheartened you must be. I am just hoping that they don't require anything else. We too are renting and although we don't have a fixed lease, we were let the house because we only wanted it for a short period as the landlady's son wants to move into it in a few months. We told her we would be out by the end of Feb! But still no visa, but I live in hope. It's just feels really scary to think we are planning on going in about 7 weeks and daren't book anything till it's here.

Good luck to you too. I am sure things will work out just fine for all of us! (forever the optomist)
Nicky x
Old Jan 8th 2007, 3:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond reputeBexie has a reputation beyond repute

Am trying to be upbeat! Will be looking out for news of all of you! Did anyone have any good news today? Maybe I've just missed it! Back at work today and not easy to get access to this site from the shitty,rainy hockey pitch!! Roll on the sun and the blue skies and....dreams!
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

sarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond reputesarah-jayne has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Nicky,

I hope that when you visa desicion is in its on a day your agent works so that you are not waiting too long, just wondered why she couldnt phone you then send paperwork in the post, oh well guess thats how some people prefer to work.

Hi Amanda welcome to list off nearly got it visa's, it is frustrating at times and yes i am not sleeping very well at the moment with the waitng but will remain positive as i know at least we are nearly there with the desicion.

Bexie first thing i have done when i got home from work is to see if anyone has been granted a visa yet but alas no. Theres always tomorrow, also the ever optomist

Sarah
Old Jan 8th 2007, 5:36 pm
Forum Regular

Bonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to allBonnybute is a name known to all
Default Re: The Waiting Game!!

Originally Posted by leerankin
Hi All

Amanda

Hi Amanda, just wanted to ask? how long between your Aunt going into Centrelink, for her interview, to when you were told about the insufficient income thing..

we're in a similar position, whereby our sponser (hubby's cousin) is going in for an interview to Centrelink, within days.. and we wondered how long the process was from that point onward...

I hope you have good news soon Amanda

kindest regards

Bonny
Old Jan 8th 2007, 6:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

Well I have decided to use this time wisely............................................ .................................................. .........................................and sample a different bottle of Australian wine each evening!! Hubby has got some Coopers Australian beer (which he took a liking to whilst on our recce) I am sampling Brown Brothers Muscat tonight, however it is a bit sweet for my liking, but I'll suffer it.

Nicky x
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

Well I have decided to use this time wisely............................................ .................................................. .........................................and sample a different bottle of Australian wine each evening!! Hubby has got some Coopers Australian beer (which he took a liking to whilst on our recce) I am sampling Brown Brothers Muscat tonight, however it is a bit sweet for my liking, but I'll suffer it.

Nicky x
liking your method of using your time wisely, i amsure you wont suffer too much with the sweet wine after a couple of glasses you wont be too worried how it tastes. Have fun

Sarah
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:15 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Nicky x

What a MARTYR!!!!!!!!!

*pearly* x
Old Jan 8th 2007, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by onepearlyb
What a MARTYR!!!!!!!!!

*pearly* x
I must say it is getting better the more I'm drinking it!!!
Roll on tomorrow, 'wishing my life away' as my mother would say!!
Nicky
Old Jan 9th 2007, 12:17 pm
Just Joined

leerankin is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: how long from CO - to visa grant

Hi Girls

thank you all for the welcome!!!

Bonny to answer your question it wasn't too long after my Aunt went to Centrelink maximum two weeks when my agent got back to me to say her income was too low. So you shouldn't have to much of a wait to find out if your AOS has been accepted.

Good luck to you all x
Old Jan 9th 2007, 6:56 pm
Forum Regular

Familytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to allFamilytoaus is a name known to all
Smile Re: how long from CO - to visa grant

Hello to everyone in the same position we find ourselves in. We also got a CO on 5th Decmber and had meds/PCC's requested. We already had the PCC's and the meds were booked for 7th December. Both the meds and the PCC's were in Australia before Christmas, the 18th December to be exact. We haven't heard a thing yet.

I thinks it's because we are all so close to a final decision that the short wait we now have is harder than the 6 month wait for the CO.
Could anyone give me anymore excuses to check my email while I'm at work. My absence's from the workshop have not gone unnoticed. If I use the 'I'm going to toilet' excuse any longer they'll think Ive got some sort of bowel related illness.

Heres hoping we all get an answer soon.

Cheers,

FTA
Old Jan 9th 2007, 7:37 pm
shoot from the hip,baby

onepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond reputeonepearlyb has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, sure is pritty tricky at this stage. Infact I'd even say WAITING for a CO was easier and more tolerable than the period after being given a CO.
I wish I could just phone ASPC up tonight and they'd say "oh, actually Pearly, you've already been granted your visa".
I'd be sending every one of you a PM as well as posting huge Got It's on at least two of the forum rooms.
I've been trawling through rentals in Melbourne tonight already. Got so much to arrange. Getting a shipping quote on Saturday.
Come on Ms CO, you can do it!!!!!!!!!

*pearly*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.