How hard is the citizenship test?

Old Jan 15th 2013, 10:24 am
Just Joined

obener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really nice
Question How hard is the citizenship test?

Hi all,

I got my test tommorow. I have been going over and over again through the book and I am just worried about it still. Just wanted to get some feedback from the people who already had their citizenship test.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 11:25 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: How hard is the citizenship test?

Originally Posted by obener
Hi all,

I got my test tommorow. I have been going over and over again through the book and I am just worried about it still. Just wanted to get some feedback from the people who already had their citizenship test.
If you have done the homework, it is quite simple.

One thing I would mention. Not many Australians know this one: If asked if each state has its own constitution, the answer is YES.

Good luck, you'll be fine.

Have you done the practice tests on the immigration website? If so, the actual test wont be a lot different.

You have 45 minutes to answer 20 questions. You can go past questions and then return to them before you submit your finished answers.

The staff are kind and helpful. They don't want you to fail.

Last edited by Sherlock Holmes; Jan 15th 2013 at 11:31 am.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 11:49 am
Mostly Harmless

DeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond reputeDeadVim has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

It's fine, as sheer luck says they don't want you to fail, I got a critical thing wrong and got a heavy hint from the 'examiner'.

You may want to brush up on your English tommorrow.

<Totally unwarranted smartarsedness off>

Good luck, you'll be OK.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 12:11 pm
Forum Regular

Lanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud ofLanners has much to be proud of

I have just started the online applications today, so would be interested in how you found the test. Good luck
Old Jan 16th 2013, 3:02 am
Just Joined

berowra4me is an unknown quantity at this point

As you posted this yesterday and the test was scheduled for today, no doubt you have past the test with flying colours.

You will get a letter in a couple of days congratulating you and on behalf of the government and people of Australia welcoming you to Oz. There is also a reminder at the bottom of the letter that you do not officially become a citizen until you attend the swearing in ceremony. There's a bit of a wait for this I'm afraid and it can take a few months for a date to attend a ceremony comes through. After this you can apply for your passport and skip the long airport passport control queues when returning to Oz after a trip abroad
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:00 am
Just Joined

obener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really niceobener is just really nice

The test was great. The lady said I was the only one who got 100% Didn't take me more than a couple of minutes. It is important you take your time and actually understand it all when studying the resource book. If you do understand it, then the questions being asked will be very easy whatever way they ask it. The lady did state it will take 2-3 weeks till I get the letter from immigration then another 3-4 weeks till the ceremony is held at the council. Just checked my online application and it states: "Applicant approved - ready for citizenship ceremony. Please await letter from Department."
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:05 am
221b Baker Street

Sherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond reputeSherlock Holmes has a reputation beyond repute

The test was great. The lady said I was the only one who got 100% Didn't take me more than a couple of minutes. It is important you take your time and actually understand it all when studying the resource book. If you do understand it, then the questions being asked will be very easy whatever way they ask it. The lady did state it will take 2-3 weeks till I get the letter from immigration then another 3-4 weeks till the ceremony is held at the council. Just checked my online application and it states: "Applicant approved - ready for citizenship ceremony. Please await letter from Department."
Congratulations.

I must be psychic, I said you'd be okay.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:52 am
BE Enthusiast

Jilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond reputeJilliebee has a reputation beyond repute

Well done. Great news x
Old Jan 16th 2013, 5:06 am

Location: "What I did, I did without choice. In the name of peace and sanity."
mrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond reputemrsgreenstar76 has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations!
Old Jan 16th 2013, 6:18 am
Daffyd Duck

commonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond reputecommonwealth has a reputation beyond repute

did they ask what 'girt' means?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Congratulations.

I must be psychic, I said you'd be okay.
so when will I get my letter and have my ceremony? :P
Old Jan 16th 2013, 8:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks everyone
Old Jan 16th 2013, 11:10 am
221b Baker Street

so when will I get my letter and have my ceremony? :P
Some time in the future.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 12:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes
Some time in the future.
any indication if it is Australia day?
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

Babsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud ofBabsw has much to be proud of

any indication if it is Australia day?
If it is any help we took our tests in Oct and our ceremony is for Australia Day but every council varies, we are in Brisbane. Congrats on passing!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.