Wikiposts

How to get documents certified HELP!

Old May 16th 2011, 7:53 am
Just Joined

JustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura aboutJustJulia has a spectacular aura about
Default How to get documents certified HELP!

Hi

I am trying to get my supporting documents certified and struggling to find someone to sign them. Doctors and bank both say no as they don't know me personally. I don't have a solicitor and don't really know anyone in suitable authority. The only person I can think of is a Pharmacist, will this be accepted? Also need similar to get authorised but the Australian computer society!

Any help or advice greatly appreciated

Justjulia x
Old May 16th 2011, 8:24 am
Just Joined

therecanbeonlyone is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: How to get documents certified HELP!

Originally Posted by JustJulia
Hi

I am trying to get my supporting documents certified and struggling to find someone to sign them. Doctors and bank both say no as they don't know me personally. I don't have a solicitor and don't really know anyone in suitable authority. The only person I can think of is a Pharmacist, will this be accepted? Also need similar to get authorised but the Australian computer society!

Justjulia x
Where are you? We just used the cheapest local solicitor, their prices do vary, we got all ours done for £15
Old May 16th 2011, 8:27 am
Forum Regular

Lois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really niceLois1 is just really nice

I got a solicitor to certify copies of docs, ie. passport copies etc and luckily i have a friend who is a teacher and another a police sargeant so they were able to sign for me on the more personal stuff. My solicitor charged £25 to certify about 4 docs for me and OH
Old May 16th 2011, 8:33 am
BE Enthusiast

mvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to allmvagusta is a name known to all

I had to get my marriage certificate certified as it was in spanish (long story) and the company I used to translate it certified it.

I got my other documents certified by a company director in my old work.

It must have been ok as I got my 457 without any problems.
Old May 16th 2011, 1:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

Tubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to allTubbs2Oz is a name known to all

To certify the documents they don't actually need to know you personally (they're only certifying that the copy of a document looks like the original document, not that they belong to you), that's only for passport photos. But as others have said just try and find a local solicitor that will do it. I was charged 5 pounds per sheet, which was quite a lot. Thankfully we only needed to do it for the skills assessment as the visa application allowed colour scans as being sufficiently close to the originals.
Old May 16th 2011, 1:36 pm
Proudly Deplorable

Amazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond reputeAmazulu has a reputation beyond repute

Hi

Justjulia x
I took a load of mine to my local courthouse and got one of the magistrates to certify them. They had a certain time of the week, just before court starts, to do this. The magistrate was happy to do it and there were several other people doing the same. This service is free too.
Old May 16th 2011, 4:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Amazulu
I took a load of mine to my local courthouse and got one of the magistrates to certify them. They had a certain time of the week, just before court starts, to do this. The magistrate was happy to do it and there were several other people doing the same. This service is free too.
We did that too. Found the JP's to be really friendly and happy to help, guess it's a change for them to have people in their court room that actually haven't been accused of something
Old May 16th 2011, 4:09 pm
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I took mine to a solicitor. A hot, lady solicitor did them all for free.
Old May 16th 2011, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

ardykav is an unknown quantity at this point

I got the police to do mine

Hi

Justjulia x
Old May 16th 2011, 6:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

al150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to beholdal150n is a splendid one to behold

We had a local solicitor certify all of our certificates including & deed poll certs. If I remember correctly (it was a few years ago now) we paid a set amount for the first certificate then a much reduced rate for the rest of them. They also did any further ones required at the reduced rate too. It wasn't very expensive & well worth it for lack of hassle.

Alison x
Old May 16th 2011, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

ukjoiner will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by therecanbeonlyone
Where are you? We just used the cheapest local solicitor, their prices do vary, we got all ours done for £15
Mine did ours for nothing, since it only took him 15 minutes
Old May 16th 2011, 7:08 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Who can do them depends on where in the world you are.
Old May 17th 2011, 12:36 am
Just Joined

EvesMum is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Amazulu
Did they certify each piece of paperwork individually though, or just provide a letter confirming that each submission was being certified as a true copy.... We've been told the latter by the local Magistrates court, but will that really be accepted by Vetassess? Don't want to get it wrong as we've already had one set returned as unacceptable.

Sorry - I'm a brand new poster here, butting in on the question as we're in the same boat - although we've been told the above would cost around £25...

Thanks.
Old May 17th 2011, 1:25 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EvesMum
Did they certify each piece of paperwork individually though, or just provide a letter confirming that each submission was being certified as a true copy.... We've been told the latter by the local Magistrates court, but will that really be accepted by Vetassess? Don't want to get it wrong as we've already had one set returned as unacceptable.

Sorry - I'm a brand new poster here, butting in on the question as we're in the same boat - although we've been told the above would cost around £25...

Thanks.
That wouldn't be acceptable to Vetassess. Each document must be copied, certified with the signature and stamp and date.
Old May 17th 2011, 2:06 am
Just Joined

EvesMum is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Moneypenny. I did wonder if it would be an issue so perhaps another phone call is in order before we make any wasted journeys.

OH has over 40 pieces of paperwork to be certified so wonder if thats why they said they'd check through them all but then include a Statement of Truth (or whatever wording they used) to cover all papers in one go....

Last edited by EvesMum; May 17th 2011 at 2:11 am.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.