how to get in to australia????

Old Jul 13th 2007, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

hitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond reputehitchcock71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: how to get in to australia????

Originally Posted by Professional Princess
No worries.

But students are not treated well at all. I witnessed our tutors referring to the younger students as 'stupid/thick' which horrified me.

I was surprised that any of them lasted - I do believe half of our group have dropped out.

It seriously shocked me to the bone how sarcastic some of the tutors were and more importantly, the standards that they passed on.

I am well out of it to be honest, although I would perhaps like to do some volunteering in the area of LD when we get to Australia.
be4 kids i worked as a hca and the some of the nurses i have to say really were crap....all they seemed to do was paperwork and left the nurseing to us i really wanted to train as a nurse however i would never have had my beautiful rugrats
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:13 pm
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louby-lou
Can somebody please help me??

I am looking for a way to get into Australia.
My 3 sisters are all nearing the end of their visa application and i'm getting very worried as I havn't got the points to enable me to apply for a skilled visa.
Does anyone know of any different ways to get there?
I know I will have to work hard at it, or even pay quite abit of money, but I dont mind as long as I get to live where my family are going.
I have tried Go Matilda for advice (who I found to be as much use as a chocolate fireguard -to put it nicely!)
Any help whatsoever would be greatly appreciated.
I've heard that I could go on a student visa and train in an area that is on the modl for 2 years, then work over there for 1 year before applying for a visa. Is this the case and if so approx how much would that cost?
I have a partner and a 1year old child - would we all get over on a student visa??

I'll be waiting anxiously for any replies................................

Many Thanks

With respect, some individuals are unable to migrate because they simply do not have the present skills or relationships to satisfy the requirements for the grant of an Australian visa. Yes, there are pathways via student visas, but being an international student at Uni in Australia is not cheap, and in any event does not provide the certainty of permanent residency: the legislation attaching to the permanent residency visa post graduation can change (as some are finding now with the 01/09/2007 changes to the skilled program).

So I'm sorry if you didn't like what you heard. But we're not in the business of raising false hopes.

Best regards.
Old Jul 13th 2007, 11:17 pm

Cheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond reputeCheetah7 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
With respect, some individuals are unable to migrate because they simply do not have the present skills or relationships to satisfy the requirements for the grant of an Australian visa. Yes, there are pathways via student visas, but being an international student at Uni in Australia is not cheap, and in any event does not provide the certainty of permanent residency: the legislation attaching to the permanent residency visa post graduation can change (as some are finding now with the 01/09/2007 changes to the skilled program).

So I'm sorry if you didn't like what you heard. But we're not in the business of raising false hopes.

Best regards.